PDA

View Full Version : My Horn Blows..

zz4vetteguy
10-04-2009, 7:43pm
actually it does not blow.

I know the trumpets work because they sound when I lock the doors, but not when I press on the steering wheel. Where should I start???...the 85 was easy because it did not have and airbag, but the Vert has one.

Suggestions?

PortDawg
10-05-2009, 4:57am
Wow, so many witty answer came to mind when I saw this post...

Then I realized you were serious...

Check your grounds. If it won't ground it won't work.

zz4vetteguy
10-05-2009, 1:58pm

I like to keep things fun and interesting, life is too short to be to serious.

Ground huh...let's see if I can check it without shorting anything (especially me) out.

Thanks Jim.

While I am playing with live wires, and other suggestions in case this is not it?

PortDawg
10-05-2009, 6:16pm
I'd have to look at a wiring diagram, and I sold my 97 C5 manuals with the 97. I still have to get the manuals for the 04.

The 1979 horn was routed through the turnsignal switch so obvious is not the way to go all the time. There is a story to tell at our next gathering.

Wife was doing this :laughingsmiley:. I was doing this :willy_nilly:

DropTheTop
10-13-2009, 2:19pm

Your avatar is soooo distracting, it's like you're doing this :type:, but all that gets through is :blabla:!

Junkman2008
10-14-2009, 12:51am

Nope, not a ground problem or the horns wouldn't burp when the alarm is set. This is definitely a problem with the connection inside the steering wheel. Since I don't know what year your Vette is, I can't give you instructions that are exact for your car. These instructions however, may be just fine as all C5 years have a lot of similarities. With that said, here you go (http://www.pc-surgeon.net/images/cforum/instructions/1998 Horn Switch Replacement.zip). :cheers: