PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for sport seat bolsters to slowly lose air?

Cobra4B
03-22-2010, 11:12am
When I pump my side bolsters up all the way I find that after 10-15 mintues of driving I can pump them up a smidge more... they do not deflate like some of the posts I've read on CF, but they do slowly lose air.

When Auto-xing yesterday I found that I had to re-inflate a smidge after each run to achieve maximum support. So is the system supposed to be air tight, or is some seepage normal? Is this indicative of an issue?

I did a search on CF and found posts about all kinds of issues.... but most of them involved a very clear issue i.e. the bladders won't inflate or they won't hold air at all.

Thoughts?

-Brian

PS - The sport seats were great for the auto-x yesterday... 100x better then the crap base seats they put in the Z06 in the interest of weight savings. I'd gladly take a few more pounds to have a perormance seat in the "performance" model.

Munch
03-22-2010, 5:43pm
I don't have any suggestions why they might be leaking but I pumped mine up after I installed new skins and they haven't lost any air in almost a year.

Good luck with a fix.

Cobra4B
03-22-2010, 10:29pm
So your saying that you pumped them up and if you hit the inflate button right now it won't do anything as they've held 100% full inflation?

Cobra4B
03-22-2010, 10:41pm
Ok just went and played with the system... turns out that on all bladders and in all settings (full inflated or full deflated) if you hit the switch again it runs the pump for a half-second. Meaning if the side bladders are full up, and then you try to fill them more the pump runs for 1/2 second.... I was misinterpreting this as it leaking down some.

Sneaks
03-23-2010, 1:06pm
Learn something everyday dont'cha Brian? :D