PDA

View Full Version : So whose gunna be lucky #100 Member!?

Culookin
10-16-2009, 4:30pm
Just one more to go! The last of the Charter Members... :waiting:

GB Vette
10-16-2009, 4:34pm
Hopefully, tonight we'll know ...

:awesome:

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 4:34pm
Two people I figured would be on this board by now are Bill Curlee and Jim Sharp. :skep:

GB Vette
10-16-2009, 4:36pm
I tried to PM Jim and his box was full :toetap:

PM Bill right now Tom!

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 4:48pm
PM Bill right now Tom!Done! :thumbs:

I see you left a visitor message for Jim. :D

Unfortunately, his last activity on CF was 8/30....that's boy's gone for good there I'm afraid. I should give him a call and see what's up.

:cheers:

GB Vette
10-16-2009, 5:01pm
Please call him :thumbs:

GB Vette
10-16-2009, 5:05pm
It looks like Bill Curlee is #100 :awesome:

10-16-2009, 5:05pm
Looks like Bill got it

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 5:08pm
Please call him :thumbs:Did that.

Got a generic operator-voice voicemail message that just states leave a message for xxx-xxxx number. So, I opted to not leave a msg.

If it was a personal-recorded greeting, and/or knew he still possessed the same number, I would have.

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 5:10pm
It looks like Bill Curlee is #100 :awesome:Sweet. :thumbs:

If he forgot tp put me down as a referral, I'm sure an Admin can fix that. :D :D :D

GB Vette
10-16-2009, 5:18pm
He took care of you Tom :thumbs:

Sneaks
10-16-2009, 5:23pm
I tried to PM Jim and his box was full :toetap:

PM Bill right now Tom!

I got the same thing with Jim. I know he's been busy working a lot this summer.

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 5:50pm
I got the same thing with Jim. I know he's been busy working a lot this summer.I'm gonna PM another more local friend of his, someone that knows him better than I do.

I no longer buy the busy-at-work thing. He was busy at work too when he posted 30 times a day and still attended shows every weekend.

Working a lot means you visit a forum less, understood. It does not explain no activity at all for almost 2 months.

Does anyone know if CF banned him? or maybe knows of other forums he frequented?

He's too much of an attention-whore (and I mean that in the kindest way possible) to just disappear.

Y2Kvert4me
10-16-2009, 9:31pm
I'm gonna PM another more local friend of his, someone that knows him better than I do.
OK, for anyone interested, here is the reply I got (numbers edited for obvious reasons):

Hi Tom,

Jim is doing ok,I saw Darla last Sunday morning and had breakfast with her.
Jim is working his butt off and has not been to any car shows this year not even our show here in Paducah last month.
The last time i saw Jim and talk to him in person was the first of September and he was downtown in his car and was taking some pic,s.He said he was on several photography forums and thought that he might try to retire next year.
No concern that i know of and your correct he is a little difficult to get in touch with because he works so much.
If you want to get in touch with him you will have to call his house (xxx-xxx-xxxx)and probably leave a message. That's what i do and he always calls me back.It may be a day or two depending on what shift he is on.
You are more than welcome to call me if you can't reach him and i'll be glad to see if i can reach him for you.My cell # is xxx-xxx-xxxxx
Let me know if i can help,Take care and maybe i'll see ya down the road at a car show soon.

I will try to get a hold of him this weekend via home phone. If nothing else, Darla is always a pleasure to talk to. :D

For those that don't know, Jim (aka Z06-Jim) is a terrific person and one of very few with a C5 that could probably give Gary a challenge in any show. (not playing favorites here - both are incredible cars that need to be seen in person).

Lowcash
10-16-2009, 9:45pm
Looking forward to Jim joining the Barn. :thumbs:

GB Vette
10-17-2009, 4:36am
GB, Z06-Jim & Y2Kvert4me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/gbvette/CI%207/friends.jpg

MYSCZ06
10-17-2009, 6:24am
nice rides for sure!! Looks like a ride up to VA is in order sometime next year!!

DropTheTop
10-19-2009, 7:40am
Congrats for Bill! :party: