PDA

View Full Version : GM logo

AS1Gonzo
03-20-2010, 11:39am
I was wondering if anybody had any good ideas on removing the little square GM logo on each of the rear quaterpanels. They stand out on all the black.

DropTheTop
03-20-2010, 12:06pm
I'd probably try saturating with goo gone, then dental floss. Then more goo gone until all the adhesive was gone. Then a good polish and wax to get rid of any remaining mess in the area. :cheers:

Edit: It might not hurt to heat it up a little either, to soften the glue.

Garb55
03-20-2010, 3:48pm
I used fishing line on my truck. Works better when it hot out. You can heat it up with a blow dryer, a heat gun may be to hot and mess up the paint. Heat it up with a blow dryer then use the fishing line or dental floss to go behind it sawing it off. Then use goo be gone or a wax cleaner to clean up were the emblems were.

MAJ Z06
03-21-2010, 12:46pm
I used fishing line on my truck. Works better when it hot out. You can heat it up with a blow dryer, a heat gun may be to hot and mess up the paint. Heat it up with a blow dryer then use the fishing line or dental floss to go behind it sawing it off. Then use goo be gone or a wax cleaner to clean up were the emblems were.

:iagree:

Radioman
03-25-2010, 6:15am
I was wondering if anybody had any good ideas on removing the little square GM logo on each of the rear quaterpanels. They stand out on all the black.

Get a 2010 GS. They don't come with chicklets...:D

Cobra4B
03-25-2010, 9:02am
You won't mess up the paint w/ a hair dryer... a heat gun is a bit more intense and could possibly create issues.

Just heat it up good and hot w/ a hair dryer, then use your fingernail to get under the edge and pull it off. If that doesn't work use fishing line.

Roll off the remaining double sided tape w/ your finger as best you can then get the remaining off w/ goo-gone or 3M wax & adhesive remover. Basically the same process by which you take a BSM off of a C5.

Peter Pan
03-30-2010, 9:31am

That is the way I have done it on several C6s and on my C5 when I went with a different badgehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/thumbs_up_spongebob.gif