PDA

View Full Version : Roast Turkey? stuffed or not?

Kerrmudgeon
10-07-2011, 11:05pm
My old Ma :sadangel: always stuffed the bird with the stuffing, hence the name, and we never got sick or died from it! I think you get a lot more flavor with the turkey juices and stuffing together.
What say thou oh learned ones?
As long as the internal temp is right, what's the danger??:confused5:

It's just not the same, serving the dressing from a pan!:cry:

Munch
10-08-2011, 2:00pm
Stuff it, as long as you cook the bird properly there is no danger (that I know of).

I have not done this yet but I plan to very soon.... I am going to take a turkey and stuff it with a whole chicken which will be stuffed with a Cornish game hen! I have no idea how long it will take to cook, probably a week or so but it will be awesome (I think). :drool:

NikiQ
10-08-2011, 10:34pm
Stuff it, as long as you cook the bird properly there is no danger (that I know of).

I have not done this yet but I plan to very soon.... I am going to take a turkey and stuff it with a whole chicken which will be stuffed with a Cornish game hen! I have no idea how long it will take to cook, probably a week or so but it will be awesome (I think). :drool:

Sort of sounds like turducken, but that uses a deboned turkey, duck, and chicken. When I was a kid, my mom made this once and it cooked all day in a very slow oven. I remember it taking a lot of time to prepare, but it was good.

Let us know how yours turns out.

Kuelblaz
10-10-2011, 8:19am
Stuff it, Bro!! Chest and Neck ... Never had it any other way ... I just cook it at 325 'til the meat on the inside of the thigh is 165. Keep it basted with butter and Zachery's every 15-20 min. I pull the stuffing immediately after the bird comes out then let the bird rest before carving.
For big crowds I make extra in a pan then mix it all together after the birds done.

GAWD, I cant wait for T-Day!!

:cheers:

Kerrmudgeon
10-11-2011, 3:21pm
I STUFFED it! Like I always do, and have done my whole life. I'm thinking these new health guide for safe eating are geared to the idiots of the world. If you're going to eat underdone fowl, the least of your worries is the stuffing!:kick:

Thanks Baba :sadangel: you taught me well.:seasix:

Oh-yaa
10-12-2011, 1:24pm
Stuffed is the only way to go. Had both and the pan stuff is not the same.

Bucwheat
10-19-2011, 1:46pm

I have been wanting to do this,heard its very good.