PDA

View Full Version : Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the power antenna?

Cobra4B
03-18-2010, 1:03pm
I've got an aftermarket Pioneer Premier HU installed w/ XM so I never listen to the radio. The antenna recieves power any time the HU is on. Cutting the wire that supplies the power cut the power to my OEM speaker door amps so I had to reconnect it. When I was putting in my flush tails I couldn't see an easy way to get to a plug to unplug it.

So... is there a fuse I can pull or can anyone tell me where I might be able to unplug it?

-Brian

Cobra4B
03-18-2010, 1:19pm
CF search tells me the #24 fuse in the passenger side footwell will do the trick. Will try that and report back.

Cobra4B
03-18-2010, 6:23pm
Well that didn't work... pulling that fuse kile the power to the bose door amps. Kiled the antenna too... had to plug it back in. Gotta find the power plug to unplug the thing.

Garb55
03-18-2010, 6:53pm
Not sure if you can get to the motor on the antenna in the trunk or not? If you can you could clip the power wire would be easier than pulling the Head unit and finding the antenna power wire and clipping it, bad thing is once clip then you can not raise it when you need it unless you wire in a switch. As far as I know there is not one fuse that will do it as that fuse runs other electrical components. No easy fix as far as I know?

Cobra4B
03-18-2010, 9:19pm
I allready clipped the supply off of my HU and that disabled my OEM speaker amps so I had solder it back together. There has to be a plug somewhere b/c you have to be able to replace the antenna unit. When I had the tails out last weekend I couldn't find any plugs... didn't start taking the interior apart but I'm guessing there's a plug somewhree along the way.

Cobra4B
03-19-2010, 9:50am
Figured it out.... plug is on the backside of the passenger wheel well. From the manual:

4. Remove the RH decklid support trim panel. Pull to release the retaining clips.

5. Pull back the edge of the rear compartment floor carpet from behind the RH decklid support, then reposition the RH side of the carpet.

6. Release the antenna coaxial cable and wiring harness from the retaining clip on the rear of the wheelhouse.

7. Disconnect the power antenna coaxial cable from the power antenna coaxial extension cable.

8. Disconnect the antenna electrical connector from the front body wiring harness connector.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/DeeGee/Antennaconnections.jpg

Vet4jdc
03-19-2010, 10:12am
Gump....you're a friggin geniuos! :D

Garb55
03-19-2010, 7:42pm
Figured it out.... plug is on the backside of the passenger wheel well. From the manual:

4. Remove the RH decklid support trim panel. Pull to release the retaining clips.

5. Pull back the edge of the rear compartment floor carpet from behind the RH decklid support, then reposition the RH side of the carpet.

6. Release the antenna coaxial cable and wiring harness from the retaining clip on the rear of the wheelhouse.

7. Disconnect the power antenna coaxial cable from the power antenna coaxial extension cable.

8. Disconnect the antenna electrical connector from the front body wiring harness connector.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/DeeGee/Antennaconnections.jpg

I thought there was something back there. Glad you found it and thanks for sharing the detailed info.