PDA

View Full Version : Engine Check Light C5

True Blue Terry
09-16-2011, 6:24pm
Help, my engine check light came on and I discovered the problem was my gas cap was'nt on properly. Anyone know how to reset the light. I would greatly appreciate this as the weekend beckons!! Thanks, Terry

PortDawg
09-16-2011, 6:33pm
Help, my engine check light came on and I discovered the problem was my gas cap was'nt on properly. Anyone know how to reset the light. I would greatly appreciate this as the weekend beckons!! Thanks, Terry

Where are you...I have the technology

True Blue Terry
09-16-2011, 6:37pm
Near Seattle. Thanks for the response, Barn Dog

Y2Kvert4me
09-16-2011, 6:52pm
Turn ignition on or start the car.

While holding the "options" button down, press the "fuel" button 4 times quickly. This will start a scrolling list of all modules, and the number of codes contained within each module.

From here, enter the manual diagnostics mode by pressing any button other than "e/m", this will display the individual codes contained within each module, use "options" button to scroll forward, the "trip" button to go back to view each code.
You are looking for the code in the first module (10-PCM - code likely to be P0440 or P0442). To reset this, and any other code stored, press and hold "reset" for a second or so until it clears. When all are cleared, you will see the message "no codes" displayed.

When done clearing any/all codes, press the "e/m" button to exit disagnostics and resume normal DIC display. Your check engine light should be out at this point.

:cheers:

Tulsa Vette Guy
09-20-2011, 2:46pm
Turn ignition on or start the car.

While holding the "options" button down, press the "fuel" button 4 times quickly. This will start a scrolling list of all modules, and the number of codes contained within each module.

From here, enter the manual diagnostics mode by pressing any button other than "e/m", this will display the individual codes contained within each module, use "options" button to scroll forward, the "trip" button to go back to view each code.
You are looking for the code in the first module (10-PCM - code likely to be P0440 or P0442). To reset this, and any other code stored, press and hold "reset" for a second or so until it clears. When all are cleared, you will see the message "no codes" displayed.

When done clearing any/all codes, press the "e/m" button to exit disagnostics and resume normal DIC display. Your check engine light should be out at this point.

:cheers:

This is the right way to clear your codes.:hurray:

Bucwheat
09-21-2011, 7:47am
It happens to me at least twice a year.

True Blue Terry
09-26-2011, 8:57pm
Thanks for the response to my problem Buckwheat!. I got it fixed thanks to a fellow Barner's advise. I was checking the gas cap and even though I felt it was on right, it still feels loose. Is that normal mor should I have the cap replaced? Terry