PDA

View Full Version : ACI splitter part 3

Munch
03-09-2010, 7:10pm
I sent emails to about 5 companies including ACI asking for prices, shipping info and what was included with the splitter. 1 company actually gave me a price and all of them besides ACI said there was no hardware included as it would just use the existing hardware on the car. ACI gives me a price including shipping and also says "The hardware includes special retainers, j-clips, bolts, bolts, and rivets."

So what's the deal with the hardware??? Unfortunately ACI was the most expensive by $50.

71corv
03-09-2010, 8:41pm
Don't know the companies you sent e-mails too, but I don't agree with their responses. I bought 2 kits from Zip Products, who ordered them from ACI, and all the necessary mounting pieces were included. I find it hard to believe that ACI would not include the mounting pieces as it takes more to mount the splitter than is on the car. PM me if you have any questions or if I can offer anything else.

Gene :drivingskid:

TR6speed
03-09-2010, 8:55pm
I got a price from ACI sometime back, and I was wondering how they can be more expensive then a vendor. You know that the vendor is making money so that means ACI is making a killing. I know CF is a bad word, but did you see the price that are selling it for. You may want to check with them, at $314.96 plus $40 shipping is not to bad. The $40 dolloars seems standard. It is what it would cost from East Coast Corvette's. I checked with ECC because I thought it was a little expensive seeing that they are only about 15 miles from me, but it comes directly from ACI.

Munch
03-09-2010, 9:19pm
I got a price from ACI sometime back, and I was wondering how they can be more expensive then a vendor. You know that the vendor is making money so that means ACI is making a killing. I know CF is a bad word, but did you see the price that are selling it for. You may want to check with them, at $314.96 plus $40 shipping is not to bad. The $40 dolloars seems standard. It is what it would cost from East Coast Corvette's. I checked with ECC because I thought it was a little expensive seeing that they are only about 15 miles from me, but it comes directly from ACI.

CF was one of the places I emailed and the reply came from West Coast Corvettes so they must be the actual vendor behind CF. I emailed them back to tell them about the hardware ACI said came with the splitter so we'll see what they have to say tomorrow. I hope it was just an oversight as that price is hard to beat.

I just cheked CF and the $40 is an oversized item fee before the shipping price which is $38.54 so all total it's $393.50 which is about $32 cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

Sneaks
03-09-2010, 11:59pm
CF was one of the places I emailed and the reply came from West Coast Corvettes so they must be the actual vendor behind CF. I emailed them back to tell them about the hardware ACI said came with the splitter so we'll see what they have to say tomorrow. I hope it was just an oversight as that price is hard to beat.

I just cheked CF and the $40 is an oversized item fee before the shipping price which is $38.54 so all total it's $393.50 which is about $32 cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

Did you put up a WTB in the C5 parts section here and other forums? I got mine used for 200 bucks. Had to drive to BF Virginia to pick it up but it only cost me a couple hours and about ten bucks in gas to go get it.

Cobra4B
03-10-2010, 12:41pm
I like the looks of them, but it wouldn't last 10 minutes driving around here w/ a lowered car.

zz4vetteguy
03-11-2010, 7:21pm
I like the looks of them, but it wouldn't last 10 minutes driving around here w/ a driver that comes with his own lowering kit.

Brian, I fixed it so it better describes why I don't get a front splitter.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Garb55
03-11-2010, 7:35pm
Brian, I fixed it so it better describes why I don't get a front splitter.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:above::iagree::rofl: