PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the 2010 Altima coupe

Munch
03-03-2010, 6:18pm
Just checked out the wifes new ride in the day light... It needs to be lowered a bit. I wonder if it's as easy as the C5? Probably not.

Now I'm gonna have to find a Nissan forum... Don't ban me Gary! :willy:

Y2Kvert4me
03-03-2010, 6:27pm
I'm gonna guess it has struts, and if so, I'm sure someone makes lowering springs that will fit them.

No where near as easy (or cheap) as lowering a C5, but all in all, struts aren't that tough to remove and replace the coils in.

:cheers:

Vet4jdc
03-03-2010, 7:07pm
Just checked out the wifes new ride in the day light... It needs to be lowered a bit. I wonder if it's as easy as the C5? Probably not.

Now I'm gonna have to find a Nissan forum... Don't ban me Gary! :willy:

She's had the car for less than 24 hours and he's already planning the mods! :yesnod:

tomurphjr
03-04-2010, 1:45pm
I'm gonna guess it has struts, and if so, I'm sure someone makes lowering springs that will fit them.

No where near as easy (or cheap) as lowering a C5, but all in all, struts aren't that tough to remove and replace the coils in.

:iagree: Just rent a spring compressor from Autozone/Advance auto and get busy.

Munch
03-04-2010, 6:44pm
Looks like eibach has a pro-kit which goes for about $250. Lowers the car 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear. Still trying to figure out if I'll need extra crap for the alignment. Stay tuned as I have awakened my inner ricer!

Joecooool
03-27-2010, 11:23pm
Its a utility vehicle. Those FWD cars are already tough to keep aligned, you lower it and you will go through tires like no tomorrow.

FastZR-1
03-31-2010, 7:10pm
Let's see some current pics.

Sneaks
03-31-2010, 8:11pm
Let's see some current pics of wife.

:dance:

Munch
03-31-2010, 9:08pm
Its a utility vehicle. Those FWD cars are already tough to keep aligned, you lower it and you will go through tires like no tomorrow.

I gave up on the Altima. The cold spell is over and I have re-focused my attention where it belongs, modding the Vette!

Y2Kvert4me
03-31-2010, 9:13pm
I gave up on the Altima. The cold spell is over and I have re-focused my attention where it belongs, modding the Vette!:above: