PDA

View Full Version : Damn it

Skia
08-14-2011, 5:17pm
Why does this app have to be just available for the iFools. :skep:

Introducing the Civil War Trust's Battle Apps (http://www.civilwar.org/battleapps/)

Sea Six
08-14-2011, 5:27pm
Cool app!

Skia
08-14-2011, 5:30pm
Cool app!
:skep: Oh I'm sure that it is. It's just not for the Droid OS. :cuss: I have always had a hard time visualizing battlefields and what the movements were. This app would clear alot of that up. :cuss:

G8rDMD
08-14-2011, 5:36pm
I'll make a deal with ya Skiatard...I'll download the app and you drive to the battlefields :dance:

Skia
08-14-2011, 5:37pm
I'll make a deal with ya Skiatard...I'll download the app and you drive to the battlefields :dance:
You supplying the ride?? I'm kinda like car less ATM.....:leaving:

G8rDMD
08-14-2011, 5:49pm
You supplying the ride?? I'm kinda like car less ATM.....:leaving:

Sheesh...I gotta do everything?

JRD77VET
08-14-2011, 5:51pm
Sheesh...I gotta do everything?

Ask him for gas money ( it's worth a shot, you're on a roll now :lol: )

Truck Guy
08-14-2011, 5:54pm
:cheers: Thanks HeneRy, works great on my iPad :D

Grey Ghost
08-17-2011, 7:37pm
You need to try reenacting with us sometime. I have extra gear available.

G8rDMD
08-17-2011, 7:42pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/g8rdmd/Amazedcat.gif

That is sooooo on my bucket list!!!!!!!

Skia
08-17-2011, 8:15pm

Thanks, I was a member of a SCV camp in Davidson Cty one time. I would love to reenact but camping to me is staying at a hotel without a bar. :yesnod: :D

xXBUDXx
08-17-2011, 8:21pm
Thanks, I was a member of a SCV camp in Davidson Cty one time. I would love to reenact but camping to me is staying at a hotel without a bar. :yesnod: :D

What kind of third world shithole doesn't have a bar? :willy:

Ocalaguy
08-18-2011, 2:51am
What kind of third world shithole doesn't have a bar? :willy:

Darn you Bart.... I just spit coffee all over the place.

Grey Ghost
08-18-2011, 6:32pm
Come on over to GA. for one of my units events and I will set you up. We always loan gear to people that want to give it a try before spending all the $$$

That is sooooo on my bucket list!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

G8rDMD
08-18-2011, 6:38pm
Come on over to GA. for one of my units events and I will set you up. We always loan gear to people that want to give it a try before spending all the $$$

That is sooooo on my bucket list!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:cheers::cheers: I will definitely hit you up on that :dance:

Grey Ghost
08-18-2011, 6:46pm
I was a member of the SCV for many years. A few years ago, the top brass of the SCV started a bunch of crap with each other. I stopped paying dues after that crap. They totally lost sight of what the organization should be focused on. It's a funny thing in a way...I know lots of reenactors that can't stand the SCV. You would think they all would get along.

We have all kinds of reenactors - campaign style (sleep under the starts on a blanket only), majority setup A-Frame tents, some stay in their RV, some do stay in a motel room and come out only for the day. It's all good with my unit. We don't force people to do anything they are uncomfortable with. Many people enjoy leaving the 21st century crap behind and escaping to a different time period for the w/e. Oh yea, we do pass the canteen of "Oh be Joyful" around the campfires at night. :D

G8rDMD
08-18-2011, 6:54pm
I was a member of the SCV for many years. A few years ago, the top brass of the SCV started a bunch of crap with each other. I stopped paying dues after that crap. They totally lost sight of what the organization should be focused on. It's a funny thing in a way...I know lots of reenactors that can't stand the SCV. You would think they all would get along.

We have all kinds of reenactors - campaign style (sleep under the starts on a blanket only), majority setup A-Frame tents, some stay in their RV, some do stay in a motel room and come out only for the day. It's all good with my unit. We don't force people to do anything they are uncomfortable with. Many people enjoy leaving the 21st century crap behind and escaping to a different time period for the w/e. Oh yea, we do pass the canteen of "Oh be Joyful" around the campfires at night. :D

See, now, I'm not much for camping, but I do think if I were to re-enact I'd definitely have to do the bivouac thing :beer: