PDA

View Full Version : Spur of the moment?

Munch
02-18-2010, 9:30pm
I saw in the chat box the Sneaks and Kevin are coming down to VA Speed Saturday to check out the car and GB said he'd be at the barn so maybe some locals would like to meet up to shoot the sh!t or whatever. it's supposed to be in the 50's and sunny all day. I'm not really authorized to schedule barn meets but maybe GB will chime in and give his opinion.

thegreenman
02-18-2010, 9:44pm
I might be able to make it, I will have to attempt a temporary fix for a power steering leak onto my belt tomorrow.

GB Vette
02-18-2010, 10:01pm
I'll be there both days probably. There's some adult beverages too :cheers:

Munch
02-18-2010, 10:11pm
It's official!

thegreenman
02-18-2010, 10:20pm
VA Speed first then heading to the Barn? What time to meet at VA Speed?

2ez 2spd
02-18-2010, 10:48pm
What time on Sat?

tomurphjr
02-19-2010, 10:40am
If I'm not building my grill table Sat, I'd like to get out to VA Speed and the barn. What time?

Cobra4B
02-19-2010, 12:20pm
I'm in... Kevin said he was going to text me when he got close to Va Speed... he said he'd be there around noon. It's about 5 min from my house. It'll be about a 35 min cruise out to the barn from VA Speed, but I know the best way if anyone wants to follow.

thegreenman
02-19-2010, 12:49pm
Sounds good, meet around 1200 at VA Speed, pick on Ed for a while then head to the Barn. :cheers:

MDD LT1
02-19-2010, 7:02pm
Sounds good :cheers:

Munch
02-19-2010, 7:17pm
I wont be going to VA Speed but I'll be up at the barn after 1:00 or so. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If you're lucky you might get to see my wheels fall off. :o_o:

thegreenman
02-19-2010, 7:19pm
Looks like I will be spraying power steering fluid from Yorktown, VA Speed and
the Barn, to much of a PITA to fix tonight. I will bring some extra fluid and hope the belt holds up for the trip.

PortDawg
02-19-2010, 9:15pm
Lutzdog and I will be out and about on Sunday, We were thinking about visiting the barn...our wives are going to a tack auction so....

Cobra4B
02-19-2010, 10:12pm
I'll be doing gauge bezels, stereo and C6Z shifter to the red car.

zz4vetteguy
02-19-2010, 11:25pm
Hope you all have a great time...got to much going on this weekend. Have to be at work in the morning, then a dress rehearsal in the afternoon on Saturday. Sunday I have a symphony concert and a rehearsal after that.

If Munch's wheels fall off, someone get a picture for me. :lol:

tomurphjr
02-20-2010, 7:55am
Got word last night that we are going to start building a table for my smoker today so I won't be able to make :ulan: (I've been waiting a few months to get this thing started, or I'd say feck it).

Gary,

I know you said you'd be there tomorrow, any particular time you feel like guests?

GB Vette
02-20-2010, 8:08am
Planning on being up there from about 10AM till 3PM. Sunday :yesnod:

Lowcash
02-20-2010, 9:36am
Planning on being up there from about 10AM till 3PM. Sunday :yesnod:

Which means 10am until 6 ... 7pm. :D

tomurphjr
02-20-2010, 9:10pm
You guys have fun tomorrow! I won't be able to make. The table is going to take longer than expected.

YorkL8apex
02-21-2010, 10:21am
YThe table is going to take longer than expected.

Doesn't everything?:toetap:

They sell the Egg here in Poquoson at the Taylors Do It Center and I drool over them everytime I go in there. The table you are building is going to make a great setup for the egg:o_o:

zz4vetteguy
02-21-2010, 12:31pm
How long where you all there last night.

I was thinking bout taking a ride out there, but after rehearsal, picking up my tux from the cleaners, and washing down the vert it was after 6pm...was not sure if anyone would still be there.

BTW, anyone have any good recommendations for cleaners in Virginia Beach (Oceanfront/Hiltop area would be best). I have been using Albano's for years, but they recently raised prices and has for the longest time cost about $13.00 to get my tux cleaned, now they charge $25.00.

Munch
02-21-2010, 4:16pm
I think we took off around 5 or so.

Sorry to hear about your dry cleaner raising his prices. Perhaps if you used Asians instead of Albinos you might not have this problem. Those Albinos are a shifty group plus their pink eyes have always creeped me out, it's like doing business with a rabbit.

tomurphjr
02-21-2010, 8:58pm
Doesn't everything?:toetap:

They sell the Egg here in Poquoson at the Taylors Do It Center and I drool over them everytime I go in there. The table you are building is going to make a great setup for the egg:o_o:

I drooled over them for a few years. I could not justify the price and that's why I never bought one. My wife knew I really wanted one, so she surprised me with one for my b-day (she saved a little money here and there to surprise me with it). After the surprise wore off, I told her we should take it back. I'm really glad we kept it! I love cooking on the thing.

My buddy does woodworking as a hobby and has a real passion for it! He's really talented. I'm taking pics if the process and will start a thread probably tomorrow showing the build.

I did buy a bottle opener to attach to the front side of it. Pic below of the opener.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/b24a_35.jpg