PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the C5/C6 Birthday Bash, CF Cruise-In, or Carlisle this year?

Cobra4B
02-18-2010, 10:47am
Haven't done a big Corvette-related road trip since Carlisle in 2008. I'm itching to do something... anyone going to any big events?

-Brian

Vet4jdc
02-18-2010, 1:15pm
I'll probably do the Carlisle trip again this year! :yesnod:

Cobra4B
02-18-2010, 2:06pm
Yeah I'm leaning towards just doing Carlisle in Aug.

1TZSLO
02-18-2010, 7:40pm
Yeah I'm leaning towards just doing Carlisle in Aug.

What type of event is this?:above:

Munch
02-18-2010, 8:34pm
What type of event is this?:above:

Just a super giant Corvette show in PA with tons of cars and gobs of vendors. Covettes @ Carlisle (http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/corvettes/)

YouTube- 2009 Corvettes at Carlisle

thegreenman
02-18-2010, 8:58pm
I hope I can make it this year, I will have to see what is going on at work when it gets closer to the date.

GB Vette
02-18-2010, 10:04pm
Maybe we could have a little Barn gathering at Carlisle :D

thegreenman
02-18-2010, 10:16pm

Even better, travel up together also.

wwomanC6
02-19-2010, 7:04am
CheySha and I are planning to do an east cost cruise in Aug - Carlisle, New York, The Barn, and what ever else we can squeeze in.
Got hotel reserved and registration sticker ordered! Ready for Carlisle. We'll see ya'll there!

:squirrelrun:

WKMCD
02-19-2010, 7:29am

I like it!

It's a nice day trip for me. About an hour and a half ride. We usually go up and come back on Saturday.

Vet4jdc
02-19-2010, 8:41am

I like it! :yesnod:

FRC Joe
02-19-2010, 9:57am
I plan on hitting the National F-Body Motorsports Event (http://www.fbody-event.org/) in Indy in May, then heading up to the Carlisle event for the 1st time in Aug.

tomurphjr
02-19-2010, 10:35am
I thought about doing the CF CI this year in bowling green, but might do carlisle instead. So may choices, so little vacation time :willy:

Cobra4B
02-19-2010, 12:17pm
Looks like we've got quite a few doing Carlisle. From Hampton Roads it's too far to make a day trip out of it so I go for the weekend.

We should caravan up together if we can arrange that. We could leave from the barn :)

Gary is there any way to get a common parking spot? I know sometimes various clubs have reserved parking spots... at least they did in '08 when I last went.

Lowcash
02-19-2010, 5:33pm
Schedule permitting I wouldn't mind cruising up there.

GB Vette
02-19-2010, 6:19pm
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/national-event-discussion/1453-carlisle-2010-registration-open.html

PortDawg
02-19-2010, 9:17pm
I'm trying to convince myself I need to go to Carlisle again....

thegreenman
02-20-2010, 10:04am
CheySha and I are planning to do an east cost cruise in Aug - Carlisle, New York, The Barn, and what ever else we can squeeze in.
Got hotel reserved and registration sticker ordered! Ready for Carlisle. We'll see ya'll there!

:squirrelrun:

Let us know when you start you East Coast cruise, there is a bunch of us around here that would head down to the barn to meet you guys.

YorkL8apex
02-21-2010, 2:53pm

Vet4JDC and I ran up on Friday and came back on Sunday last year.

Adam's has a party outside the field on Friday evening, that would be a good place for the Barn gang to gather. We usually stay in Gettysburg and head home early Sunday morning, back in Hampton Roads shortly after noon.

Z51 Silver Surfer
03-11-2010, 12:25pm
Man i want to go but dont know if im going to able to afford it:willy: With going to Sebring for the first time and trying to do headers and coilovers that is going to break the bank! I guess i need to pick up a few more trips to get the travel $$.

Cobra4B
03-11-2010, 12:26pm
I've picked Carlisle as my "big" trip this year... now to find a place to rest my head!

zz4vetteguy
03-11-2010, 7:32pm
I thought about doing the CF CI this year in bowling green, but might do carlisle instead. So may choices, so little vacation time :willy:

Tommy, I have been thinking about seeing who would be interested in doing a RatPack NCM road trip at some point between this summer and next fall.

I am sure it is a blast to hang out and meet all...well...most of the people at CI, but unless I HAVE to, I don't travel far from home on a holiday weekend. :nono:

PortDawg
03-11-2010, 7:37pm
Joe - Been thinking about doing a NCM trip with the wife this year also.

tomurphjr
03-12-2010, 11:27am
Tommy, I have been thinking about seeing who would be interested in doing a RatPack NCM road trip at some point between this summer and next fall.

I am sure it is a blast to hang out and meet all...well...most of the people at CI, but unless I HAVE to, I don't travel far from home on a holiday weekend. :nono:

Joe,

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can get something together.

I'm going on vacation to visit my ex-neighbor for a week in Nashville the same weekend the BG cruise-in is happening. Might have to spend a few nights in Kentucky and see what it's all about.