PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Front Show April 16 - 18

zz4vetteguy
02-14-2010, 10:04am
The weekend after Waterside is the "Cruisin' Wild Wheels Weekend" show at the oceanfront.

Cruisin' Wild Wheels Weekend | Beach Street USA (http://www.beachstreetusa.com/events/CruisinWildWheelsWeekend)

Munch
02-14-2010, 10:28am
That sounds cool. Is that considered tourist season yet? I went down there last summer... Never again.

thegreenman
02-14-2010, 11:02am
That sounds cool. Is that considered tourist season yet? I went down there last summer... Never again.

I always considered the end of May to be the start of tourist season. This is when the schools are closing for the summer. On this side of the water, driving past Bush Gardens around the end of May gets bad, to say nothing about heading south through HRBT.

zz4vetteguy
02-14-2010, 11:34am

Not yet, mid to end May (depending on the weather) starts to get busy, but Memorial Day kicks off the Official Tourist Season....you can stop by any sporting good shop to buy your license...limit three per day and you have to throw the small ones back...LOL

PortDawg
02-14-2010, 12:02pm
Not yet, mid to end May (depending on the weather) starts to get busy, but Memorial Day kicks off the Official Tourist Season....you can stop by any sporting good shop to buy your license...limit three per day and you have to throw the small ones back...LOL

Howard Stern did a bit on DC101 about Tourist Season....of course that was long ago...

Vet4jdc
02-14-2010, 12:58pm
The weekend after Waterside is the "Cruisin' Wild Wheels Weekend" show at the oceanfront.

Cruisin' Wild Wheels Weekend | Beach Street USA (http://www.beachstreetusa.com/events/CruisinWildWheelsWeekend)

It's on my calendar Joe! :yesnod:

GB Vette
02-14-2010, 1:10pm
You've also got the Wild Wheels Indoor/Outdoor show at the Convention Center Oct. 2-3, 2010 :yesnod:

zz4vetteguy
02-14-2010, 8:29pm
You've also got the Wild Wheels Indoor/Outdoor show at the Convention Center Oct. 2-3, 2010 :yesnod:

Both shows are put on by the people who put on the Ocean City show. :dance:

GB Vette
02-22-2010, 9:40am
This is the same weekend as the Super Chevy Show at VMP.

Cobra4B
02-22-2010, 9:48am
^ I was just about to post that... I think Super Chevy is going to win out.

zz4vetteguy
02-22-2010, 11:03pm
For now, but they are hoping for it to grow. This year I know they are doing the boardwalk, 19th Street Parking Lot, and Town Center.

Yes, I know Town Center is a little out of the way, but from my understanding it is more to be a publicity thing with a handful of exotics