PDA

View Full Version : Z06 slow to start

golfclubhaus
07-24-2011, 2:39pm
2006, Z06 w/ 5400 miles. Cold engine - start sequence runs 5-8 seconds before engine starts. After it starts, no skips, lags or misses. If I press the gas pedal in the start sequence, it usually starts within 2 seconds. Any idea what the issue could be?

6spdC6
07-25-2011, 9:30am
2006, Z06 w/ 5400 miles. Cold engine - start sequence runs 5-8 seconds before engine starts. After it starts, no skips, lags or misses. If I press the gas pedal in the start sequence, it usually starts within 2 seconds. Any idea what the issue could be?

Interesting.:confused5: Pressing the gas pedel (to the floor) turns off the injectors, normally making the engine not starting. Its a trick after a oil change to turn the engine over and building oil pressure without it starting. It also allows a slightly flooded engine a way to clean itself out.

golfclubhaus
07-25-2011, 5:19pm
I don't press the pedal to the floor, just about an inch. Sometimes it starts fine, other times it takes 5-10 seconds. Doesn't seem to matter if it's cold or hot...but, if i touch the gas pedal it starts in 2-3 seconds.