PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse found dead

eddierox
07-23-2011, 11:43am
BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Amy Winehouse dead: Found dead at her London flat | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.
The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/23/article-0-005283FD00000578-650_468x394.jpg

MrPeabody
07-23-2011, 11:44am
Sad, but I have to say I'm not surprised. I liked her music.

G8rDMD
07-23-2011, 11:47am
Very sad :sadangel: But, as MrPeabody said, not entirely unexpected given her history. Sad nonetheless, too young :sadangel:

LATB
07-23-2011, 11:50am
no surprise

I promise you:

White Horse :yesnod:

TexasBulldog
07-23-2011, 11:52am
her last concert was a disaster!... no surprise there

IDGAF, i don't even feel bad... she knew the risks and didn't care... oh well!

check out this retard

‪Amy Winehouse on Drugs (Belgrade Live 2011)‬‏ - YouTube

Defib1961
07-23-2011, 12:02pm
BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Amy Winehouse dead: Found dead at her London flat | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.
The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/23/article-0-005283FD00000578-650_468x394.jpg

Are you kidding. With all the drugs she had done. I am not saying she overdosed but geesh, the human body can only take so much until it just says, "FECK IT! I QUIT!"

Grey Ghost
07-23-2011, 12:02pm
I liked her retro sound.

MEANZ06
07-23-2011, 12:08pm

check out this retard

‪Amy Winehouse on Drugs (Belgrade Live 2011)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y15N-vMnsIw)

:sadangel: hard to watch that. she was way to young...

snide
:yawn:

themonk

check out this retard

‪Amy Winehouse on Drugs (Belgrade Live 2011)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y15N-vMnsIw)

:iagree: If you wanna be a druggie then suffer the consequences, simple. :yawn:

Cybercowboy
07-23-2011, 12:09pm

check out this retard

Just...wow. That chick was wasted.

boracayjohnny
07-23-2011, 12:09pm
her death is believed to be unexplained.

Really? I'll be completely shocked when the autopsy will report drugs in her blood.

VatorMan
07-23-2011, 12:10pm
Are you kidding. With all the drugs she had done. I am not saying she overdosed but geesh, the human body can only take so much until it just says, "FECK IT! I QUIT!"

Then explain Keith Richards.

CertInsaneC5
07-23-2011, 12:10pm
:yawn:

:iagree: :leaving:

Munch
07-23-2011, 12:12pm
I am devastated!

I will build a shrine in her honor made of roast beef and provolone in my stomach right now.:yum:

Omega Man
Unexplained = We have no idea what kind of shit she was shooting, snorting and smoking.

I don't give a fat baby's dick about her. She did it to herself. Stupid. Idiot. what ever you want to call it.

When people do stupid shit, they have to suffer to consequences.

Let the rats eat her.

LATB

‪The Green Mile - Dead Man Walking‬‏ - YouTube

LATB
07-23-2011, 12:14pm
One thing for sure...

she kept it old school with her death at age 27.

Know what I mean?

TexasBulldog
07-23-2011, 12:16pm
:sadangel: hard to watch that. she was way to young...

I agree 100%...

she had some good music and its a shame to see such talent wasted, but she wanted to ride that roller coaster and her body couldn't take it any longer.

Kerrmudgeon
07-23-2011, 12:22pm

He died a long time ago, that's just his zombie come back from the dead.:lol:
JUst look at him..:ack:

too bad for Amy, pretty talented and much too young to crossover..........:sadangel:

Cybercowboy
07-23-2011, 12:24pm
One thing for sure...

Know what I mean?

Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
etc

Firevette
07-23-2011, 12:25pm
Total. ****ing. Waste.

She was very talented, ****ing shame.

LATB
07-23-2011, 12:25pm
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
etc

:yesnod:

bsmith
07-23-2011, 12:29pm
"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said No, No, No"

Who knows what drives people to do that to themselves...

LATB
07-23-2011, 12:30pm
"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said No, No, No"

Who knows what drives people to do that to themselves...

addiction is a bitch.

Once you mount that White Horse...

Dismount often is deadly.

TexasBulldog
07-23-2011, 12:31pm
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
etc

and Kurt Cobain and one of the rolling stones (forget his name)

xXBUDXx
It's a shame but I can't say that I'm surprised.

Datawiz
'bout time.

MrPeabody
07-23-2011, 12:33pm

Brian Jones

TabuIsMe
07-23-2011, 12:34pm
Even though her drug use was known its still surprising and sad, she was very talented.

LATB
07-23-2011, 12:38pm

Brian Jones

Kuelblaz
07-23-2011, 12:39pm
Thats a real shame! Troubled woman for sure, but undeniable talent!

Skia
07-23-2011, 12:40pm

Really? I'll be completely shocked when the autopsy will report drugs in her blood.
Correction...they will find blood in her drugs...:yesnod:

Giraffe (He/Him)
07-23-2011, 12:45pm
Even though her drug use was known its still surprising and sad, she was very talented.
Well, I agree. She had an edge to her. I like that. Rock and Roll isnt about Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, New Kids and the like.

Uncle Pervey
07-23-2011, 12:47pm

Keith Richards goes to Switzerland every couple of years and gets whole body blood exchange and rapid detox. :yesnod:

27 is a dangerous age for music artists,
Jimi Hendrix
Brian Jones
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Kurt Cobain

I am sure there are some I missed, but all of them died at 27, seems like that if they make past 27 they make it more or less long term.

HeatherO was she in your Dead Pool???

GS Ragtop
07-23-2011, 12:52pm
I lost the office pool. I had her wasting her talent and life in 2012.

HeatherO
07-23-2011, 1:00pm
Keith Richards goes to Switzerland every couple of years and gets whole body blood exchange and rapid detox. :yesnod:

27 is a dangerous age for music artists,
Jimi Hendrix
Brian Jones
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Kurt Cobain

I am sure there are some I missed, but all of them died at 27, seems like that if they make past 27 they make it more or less long term.

HeatherO was she in your Dead Pool???

no, she wasn't. It's over for the month of July, someone else died this month already :lol:
and that's bullshit about Keith...he explains, in great detail, in his book how he suspects he's managed to live through the drugs.

CuzzinJack
07-23-2011, 1:14pm
Shame ...:sadangel:

Regarding Kurt Cobain -- he was murdered ..:leaving:

Kurt weighed 115lbs and had 75 times the lethal amount (70-80mg for a 150lb man) in his blood ..There is no way he shot himself up with triple a fatal dose of heroin , rolled down his shirt sleeve , put his syringe and drug kit away neatly in a box and pulled the trigger . You'd be dead before you even got the needle out of your arm .. ..:confused5: ...:leaving:

http://http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Cobain.html

6spdC6
07-23-2011, 1:34pm
Well that sure disproves the old saying that only ‘’the good die young!’’

Her body should be worth a fortune with all the chemical it has in it!

oyealiz
07-23-2011, 1:36pm
Sad about Amy? Yes.

Surprising? No.

Mike Mercury
07-23-2011, 1:39pm
IDGAF, i don't even feel bad... she knew the risks and didn't care

:iagree:

NCC-1701
07-23-2011, 1:45pm
Not a surprise...:sadangel:

nhlgopens
07-23-2011, 4:08pm
Not a surprise...:sadangel:

qft...

NEVRL8T
07-23-2011, 4:08pm
One thing for sure...

Know what I mean?

Went out like a classic jazz performer.

MattW
07-23-2011, 5:34pm
It depresses me... that my Facebook news feed has zero posts/comments on the tragedy in Norway... but 9 of my friends thought it worthwhile to post this WGAF.

carlton_fritz
07-23-2011, 6:53pm
So glad it wasn't April Wine.:leaving:

Blademaker
07-23-2011, 7:00pm
no surprise

I promise you:

White Horse :yesnod:

Only familiar with the name, never heard her music, really don't care.
:bilmem: Just another dead junkie, seen 'em before.

JRD77VET
07-23-2011, 8:59pm
Sad about Amy? Yes.

Surprising? No.

:iagree: Her life was a rolling train wreck.

Only familiar with the name, never heard her music, really don't care.
:bilmem: Just another dead junkie, seen 'em before.

She had a very cool, jazz type type sound. Never really listened to her before but she did have an unique sound.

LATB
07-23-2011, 10:10pm
Shame ...:sadangel:

Regarding Kurt Cobain -- he was murdered ..:leaving:

Kurt weighed 115lbs and had 75 times the lethal amount (70-80mg for a 150lb man) in his blood ..There is no way he shot himself up with triple a fatal dose of heroin , rolled down his shirt sleeve , put his syringe and drug kit away neatly in a box and pulled the trigger . You'd be dead before you even got the needle out of your arm .. ..:confused5: ...:leaving:

http://http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Cobain.html

you could be correct

knew a guy who's dad found him in his basement dead w/ the pin still in his arm.

Other than the horse that got a hold of him and killed him...he was a pretty good guy...21 years old...sad. :sadangel:

Wathen1955
07-24-2011, 12:59am
Never heard of Amy Winehouse.

jaxgator
07-24-2011, 10:05am
The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.[/img]

:iagree: It's a shame for anyone to die at an early age but she did it to her self.

Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
etcand Kurt Cobain and one of the rolling stones (forget his name)

Don't forget Led Zepplin's drummer drowning in his vomit.

LATB
07-24-2011, 10:12am

John Bonham

He was 32 and died from an alcohol overdose :yesnod:

onedef92
07-24-2011, 2:27pm
It's sad, but not unexpected considering her history of drug and alcohol abuse. :sadangel:

Kerrmudgeon
07-24-2011, 2:34pm
Keith's Zombie........
http://sykesvilledesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/keith.jpg

onedef92
07-24-2011, 2:40pm
Winehouse's mother: 'She seemed out of it'

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 9:40 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 24, 2011 3:30 PM EDT

LONDON - Amy Winehouse's mother said the singer seemed unwell a day before she died, a British newspaper reported Sunday, while her family mourned the loss of "a wonderful daughter, sister, niece" and more tributes flowed in from fans and fellow performers.

A mound of flowers, messages and handwritten notes grew Sunday outside of the north London home where ambulance crews found the singer dead before they arrived on Saturday.

"R.I.P. Never Forgotten," read one message, while another said "It's all right, love. Go now."

The Sunday Mirror quoted Janis Winehouse as saying she believed it was "only a matter of time" before her daughter died. The 27-year-old singer had publicly struggled with drug and alcohol abuse for years.

"She seemed out of it. But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me," Janis told the tabloid.

Police said the cause of her death is being treated as "unexplained," rejecting speculation that she died from a drug overdose as "inappropriate." The circumstances surrounding her death are not yet clear, but police said a post-mortem is expected Monday or Tuesday.

"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the family of the "Back to Black" singer said in a statement, and requested privacy.

In her short lifetime, Winehouse too often made headlines because of drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, destructive relationships and abortive performances.

Actor Russell Brand, a former drug addict, wrote a lengthy tribute to Winehouse, urging the media and public to change the way addiction is perceived - "not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill."

"Winehouse and I shared an affliction, the disease of addiction," he wrote. "Addiction is a serious disease; it will end with jail, mental institutions or death."

Others, like American singer Carole King, whose song Will You Love Me Tomorrow was covered by Winehouse, recalled her small, but powerful body of recorded music.

"She did such a beautiful performance on it," King told the BBC, saying that she was grateful to the late singer for the recording. "I just really hope that she's found peace now wherever she is."

No information about funeral or burial was immediately available.

onedef92
07-25-2011, 7:47am
Family visits Amy Winehouse home, greets mourners

Updated: Jul 25, 2011 8:31 AM EDT

LONDON - Amy Winehouse's father thanked mourners outside her north London home for their support on Monday, and police said a post mortem examination would be held later in the day to determine the cause of the singer's death.

Mitch Winehouse thanked people for coming to lay bouquets, candles and handwritten notes, which lay in growing mounds across the road from the Victorian house where the soul diva died.

"I can't tell you what this means to us - it really is making this a lot easier for us," he said.

"We're devastated and I'm speechless but thanks for coming."

The singer's mother, Janis, was in tears as she examined the flowers, candles, vodka bottles, flags, drawings and handwritten cards left by neighbors, fans and well-wishers. Many of the offerings expressed the same sentiment: "What a waste."

"I'll remember her as a troubled soul," said fan Ethna Rouse, who brought her 4-year-old son to leave a bouquet. "Like many artists in the world - they are tortured souls, and that's where the talent comes from."

The 27-year-old singer died Saturday after publicly struggling with drug and alcohol abuse for years. Her body was discovered at home by a member of her security team, who called an ambulance. It arrived too late to save her.

Police have said the cause of her death is being treated as "unexplained," and have said speculation that she might have suffered an overdose was inappropriate.

Police said a post-mortem would be conducted Monday afternoon, when an inquest into the death will be opened and adjourned. Results will likely be announced Tuesday.

boracayjohnny
07-25-2011, 9:12am
Correction...they will find blood in her drugs...:yesnod:

You are right.

In today's news, Amy Winehouse has been drug free for almost two days.

Too soon?

LATB
07-25-2011, 9:12am
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Totally imappropriate.

political correctness

VatorMan
07-25-2011, 9:15am
You are right.

Too soon?

:rofl::rofl:

LATB
07-25-2011, 9:17am
You are right.

Too soon?

good one :rofl:

eddierox
07-25-2011, 1:53pm
Winehouse autopsy did not establish cause of death

Police say they are awating toxicology test results, which could take weeks.

LONDON — Police say the autopsy performed on Amy Winehouse did not establish her cause of death. The Metropolitan Police said Monday that further toxicology tests are needed and the results are expected in two to four weeks.

However, a coroner's official in London says there are no suspicious circumstances in the death of the 27-year-old singer.

Coroner's officer Sharon Duff told reporters Monday that "the scene was investigated by police and determined non-suspicious."

In Britain, inquests are held to establish the facts whenever someone dies violently or in unexplained circumstances.

Assistant Deputy Coroner Suzanne Greenaway said Winehouse's inquest would not resume until Oct. 26.

Sources say the singer may have been dead for as long as six hours before a security guard found her just before 4 p.m. London time.

That contrasts with an earlier report that Winehouse was still alive when emergency personnel were called to her London flat, but died before she could be transported to the hospital.

A doctor had visited Winehouse the day before her death, The Sun reports, and "had no concerns."

Police sources say there was no sign of drugs in the home. Winehouse had been known to have addiction issues.

Her last concert, on June 18 in Belgrade, Serbia, was a disastrous event where the singer slurred through her songs, was booed, and left the stage early, forcing her band to continue playing to meet its contractual obligations.

Reports: Winehouse died alone in bed, no sign of drugs nearby

The Scoop - Reports: Winehouse died alone in bed, no sign of drugs nearby (http://scoop.today.com/_news/2011/07/25/7159308-reports-winehouse-died-alone-in-bed-no-sign-of-drugs-nearby)

Although drug and alcohol abuse are being blamed for the death of Amy Winehouse, there was no sign of drugs in the London home where the British singer was found dead Saturday, according to police sources who spoke to PEOPLE magazine.

More details about the circumstances surrounding Winehouse's death are being revealed.
Sources tell The Sun newspaper that she might have been dead for as many as six hours before she was found by a security guard just before 4 p.m. on Saturday.
The Sun also reports that Winehouse had been receiving regular checkups, and was recently given an all-clear by her physician.

"The doctor was happy with her condition.
When he left on Friday night he had no concerns.
Less than 24 hours later she was found dead," the paper reports.
"Amy's health has been very fragile and she has been having a series of check-ups."

Winehouse's friend and publicist Chris Goodman told The Sun, "Amy was on her own at home apart from a security guard who we had appointed to help look after her over the past couple of years.
She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn't breathing.
He called the emergency services straight away.
He was very shocked.

At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed."

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/__NEW/tdy_palex_winehouse_110725.vembedlarge.jpg

Bucwheat
07-25-2011, 3:51pm
Parents say,no surprise.

_Nomad_
07-25-2011, 5:01pm

You're thinking of Bon Scott from AC/DC who drowned in his own vomit.

Uncle Pervey
07-25-2011, 5:05pm

John Bonham, inhaled his own vomit and died too.

Weeks later at the coroner's inquest, it emerged that in the twenty-four hours before he died, John Bonham had consumed forty shots of vodka which resulted in him vomiting and subsequently inhaling his vomit causing asphyxiation. A verdict of accidental death was returned at an inquest held on 27 October 1980.[17] An autopsy found no other drugs in Bonham's body.[18] John Bonham's body was cremated and his ashes were interred on 12 October 1980, at Rushock Parish Church, Worcestershire. His headstone reads:

LATB
07-25-2011, 5:40pm

John Bonham, inhaled his own vomit and died too.

I've read reports where Jimi Hendrix died the same way...

but drugs +/or alcohol is the reason for the drowning :yesnod:

VatorMan
07-25-2011, 6:21pm
You are right.

Too soon?

Just told this to the wife and got "The Look." :rofl::rofl:

boracayjohnny
07-25-2011, 6:34pm
Just told this to the wife and got "The Look." :rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill
07-25-2011, 7:49pm

One of the Spinal Tap drummers drowned on someone elses vomit.....

:leaving:

Rotorhead
07-25-2011, 8:00pm
Sometimes it's better to burn out, than fade away! :metal:

Scissors
07-26-2011, 5:58am
She used to be hot. :(

onedef92
07-26-2011, 9:33am
Winehouse family, friends attend singer's funeral

Updated: Jul 26, 2011 10:31 AM EDT

LONDON - Friends and family were saying goodbye to Amy Winehouse Tuesday at a private funeral ceremony in London.

Producer Mark Ronson and media personality Kelly Osbourne - her hair piled beehive-high in an echo of the singer's trademark style - were among mourners arriving for the service at Edgwarebury Cemetery in north London.

Photographers and a few fans lined the lane outside.

The service was expected to be followed by cremation and a family gathering at a local synagogue.

The soul diva, who had battled alcohol and drug addiction, was found dead Saturday at her London home. She was 27.

An autopsy held Monday failed to determine the cause of the singer's death. Police are awaiting the results of toxicology tests, which will take two to four weeks.

On Monday the singer's father, mother and brother visited the house where she died, thanking mourners who had left flowers and cards.

Father Mitch Winehouse said "Amy was about one thing and that was love."

"Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and to you guys as well," he told fans.

Winehouse released only two albums in her short career - winning five Grammy awards for the second, "Back to Black" - and often made headlines because of drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, destructive relationships and abortive performances.

Since her death, her records have re-entered album charts around the world, and tributes have poured in from fans and fellow musicians.

George Michael called her "the most soulful vocalist this country has ever seen," and soul singer Adele said she "paved the way for artists like me and made people excited about British music again."

Winehouse family, friends attend singer's funeral - WAVE 3 News - Louisville, Kentucky (http://www.wave3.com/story/15136964/winehouses-mother-she-seemed-out-of-it?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6084034)

Firevette
07-26-2011, 9:53am
She used to be hot. :(

Yeah, she wasn't hard to look at back in the day.

Amazing what that shit will do to a person.

This is what she looked like when I first heard her music.:yesnod:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/amy2003DM2208_468x405.jpg

http://image.take40.com/300x400/Amy_Winehouse_not_skinny_pink_dress_pretty_crouching_down_300x400_2004.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2008/12/10/pagesix/photos_galleries/G1882_photo46.jpg

Like I said, what a ****ing waste.