PDA

View Full Version : Well, the gear is packed.

SnikPlosskin
07-22-2011, 9:09pm
Everything is lined up for an amazing adventure in White Sands. We'll be doing mammoth research and learning how the Clovis culture made weaponry.

It's going to be hot (over 100 degrees) and very challenging. We'll be showing up at 5am to catch time lapse sunrises and shoot during the magic hour.

No rest on this trip. But should get some amazing footage. I've got a polarizing filter to darken up the sky and a set of neutral density filters to bring the light levels down a bit.

Neighbor will be watching the house (he's a cop - and his neighbor is a cop too...). Another neighbor is taking care of the mammals, reptiles, insects and arachnids.

Taking GSD with us. We must be crazy.

LATB
07-22-2011, 9:10pm
have fun...bring me back a t-shirt

MattW
07-22-2011, 9:12pm
Take a frying pan. See how long it takes to cook an egg on a flat rock.

Chris Fowler
07-22-2011, 9:13pm
Have a great trip!

OddBall
07-22-2011, 9:21pm
invite psycho neighbor kid along.
"forget" to bring him back

JRD77VET
07-22-2011, 9:35pm
invite psycho neighbor kid along.
"forget" to bring him back

WINNER !!!!! :lol:

Good luck and have fun, sounds like a very interesting trip/adventure :cool1:

SnikPlosskin
07-22-2011, 9:36pm
Take a frying pan. See how long it takes to cook an egg on a flat rock.

That is actually a great idea. We could probably cook one on the hood of the truck too.

WE'LL DO IT!

DAB
07-22-2011, 10:14pm
Sun is pretty intense. Was moving a metal plate to the shop today. Left it in the back of the truck for a bit. Oops. Dang it's hot!!

Uncle Pervey
07-22-2011, 10:19pm
I got in my truck this afternoon, rolled down all the windows and tried to get the heat out and drove through Sonic for drink. I reached into the cup holder in my console for some change and burned my frigging fingers with some pennies! I ain't shitting you either, I had 1st degree brand marks of old Abe's head on my finger tips! :yesnod: