PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dallas Folks - I'll Wave as I Go Through Town

Truck Guy
07-22-2011, 4:18pm
Going to be in TexAss all next week, unfortunately need to entertain clients all week :shots:

Wish I could stop and visit :(

Too early for Barn Raising II? :D

[EDIT-7/27] OK, I shifted a client to lunch tomorrow.

Dinner time is now open, Liz is rounding up the usual suspects :D

Kevin_73
07-22-2011, 4:45pm
If you are rolling down I-35E you will pass within a mile and a half of our house. Sure you don't wanna stop for a beer?

LATB
07-22-2011, 4:49pm
If you are rolling down I-35E you will pass within a mile and a half of our house. Sure you don't wanna stop for a beer?

You live a mile from the interstate?

That's gotta suck.

Truck Guy
07-22-2011, 4:58pm
If you are rolling down I-35E you will pass within a mile and a half of our house. Sure you don't wanna stop for a beer?Kevin, I'm staying up in Lewisville for two nights because one client is in Denton and another is on the North side of town.
I was hoping to have on night free, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen. :(

BuckyThreadkiller
07-22-2011, 5:13pm
Lewisville isn't Dallas - that's damn near Oklahoma.

Kevin_73
07-22-2011, 6:09pm
Kevin, I'm staying up in Lewisville for two nights because one client is in Denton and another is on the North side of town.
I was hoping to have on night free, but it looks like it ain't gonna happen. :(

We are less than 10 minutes from Lewisville. :yesnod:

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:19pm
You live a mile from the interstate?

That's gotta suck.

It's 5 minutes away. Not sure about the mileage. I fail to see how this sucks. We hear nothing here (except the friggin idiot across the street who just locked their car and verified it with the honking sound) and love the convenience!

We are less than 10 minutes from Lewisville. :yesnod:

:yesnod: In fact, we live in Lewisville school district. We'll be able to smell you if you're that close. :lol:

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:21pm
Lewisville isn't Dallas - that's damn near Oklahoma.

Says the guy who lives damn near Waco. :lol:

LATB
07-22-2011, 6:27pm
It's 5 minutes away. Not sure about the mileage. I fail to see how this sucks. We hear nothing here (except the friggin idiot across the street who just locked their car and verified it with the honking sound) and love the convenience!

One mile away and you don't hear the interstate?

Then it does not suck like I thought.

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:29pm
One mile away and you don't hear the interstate?

Then it does not suck like I thought.

No, you cannot hear it any time of the day. Maybe Kevin's way off in his estimate of how far away we are. :lol:

I'll check the mileage.

LATB
07-22-2011, 6:34pm
No, you cannot hear it any time of the day. Maybe Kevin's way off in his estimate of how far away we are. :lol:

I'll check the mileage.

He may be off :yesnod:

Here, you can hear hwy 98 several miles away...and i hate it! And it's a crappy little 4 lane, not an interstate.

Partly reason for the location of our new property...it's one of the furthest locations away from the hwy. I love Harley's and Hotrods...but I don't want to hear them when I'm chillin' on my front porch. :cheers:

Kevin_73
07-22-2011, 6:41pm

Here, you can hear hwy 98 several miles away...and i hate it! And it's a crappy little 4 lane, not an interstate.

You are trying to compare the acoustic characteristics of the flattest state in the Northern Hemisphere to the rest of the world.
Sound doesn't travel very far when there is terrain around. :yesnod:

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:41pm

Partly reason for the location of our new property...it's one of the furthest locations away from the hwy. I love Harley's and Hotrods...but I don't want to hear them when I'm chillin' on my front porch. :cheers:

Ok. Just checked.

We are about 3 miles from the Interstate, but only 1 mile from a major toll road. But we don't hear either. Maybe they had to build them in some manner where they didn't disturb the hoods. No clue!

I do know that one of the main toll roads (not the one by us) had to build below the surface in alot of areas, ie all the cross traffic passes over the toll road at ground level, due to concern about noise.

Plus we have TREES here and hills. Looking out our yard toward the tollroad, you see a long way. :yesnod:

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:45pm
You are trying to compare the acoustic characteristics of the flattest state in the Northern Hemisphere to the rest of the world.

Yeah, that. :lol:

LATB
07-22-2011, 6:48pm

correct

I was actually gonna post about the lack of hills here... :cheers:

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 6:51pm
One question, TG, are you going to diss us but have dinner with Mr Hole????

jda67gta
07-22-2011, 9:07pm
:seeya:

Milton Fox
07-22-2011, 9:10pm
What time are you sending the clients to bed? :dance:

polarbear
07-22-2011, 9:51pm

Unless you're on a hillside facing a valley with a winding two-lane road going through it.

Truck Guy
07-22-2011, 10:07pm
One question, TG, are you going to diss us but have dinner with Mr Hole????Yes...:leaving:

What time are you sending the clients to bed? :dance:
Hoping only dinner and done by 7pm :D

Mr Hole
07-26-2011, 11:26am
One question, TG, are you going to diss us but have dinner with Mr Hole????

Actually he had dinner with Robin and Mr Hole. :dance: Too bad you didn't answer your phone when he called. :slap: Thanks again, Russ. It's always good seeing you. :cheers:

oyealiz
07-26-2011, 11:39am
Actually he had dinner with Robin and Mr Hole. :dance: Too bad you didn't answer your phone when he called. :slap: Thanks again, Russ. It's always good seeing you. :cheers:

I have a new (refurb) phone, and I missed several calls and messages. It looked like it was on but was in silent mode. Wah!!!

C5SilverBullet
07-26-2011, 1:14pm

My phone didn't ring. :flipa:

Mr Hole
07-26-2011, 2:04pm

Kind of hard for me to call a number that I don't have... :rolleyes:

C5SilverBullet
07-26-2011, 2:33pm
Kind of hard for me to call a number that I don't have... :rolleyes:
Likely story.

Truck Guy
07-26-2011, 8:42pm
Ooops...
:leaving:

Truck Guy
07-26-2011, 8:45pm
:cheers: You too Mike.

Thank God you brought Robin, she was better to look at all night than just you :D

Truck Guy
07-27-2011, 6:40pm
:cheers: See post #1

C5SilverBullet
07-27-2011, 6:51pm
It should be noted that the dinner with Liz was an after thought to the lunch you had with me in Texas City. :D

Truck Guy
07-27-2011, 6:54pm
It should be noted that the dinner with Liz was an after thought to the lunch you had with me in Texas City. :D:bilmem: :leaving:

:lol: Great Mexican place for lunch! :cheers: