PDA

View Full Version : Corvette owners due refunds

FasterTraffic
07-22-2011, 10:16am
:slap:

SANTA ANA – In what prosecutors say is the largest civil settlement stemming from a violation of an injunction in Orange County history, a dietary supplement maker will pay $1.75 million for unfair business practices, including falsely promising the use of its product increased penis size.

The lawsuit targeting Monrovia-based Biotab Nutraceuticals Inc.'s products marketed and sold in California said the company engaged in misleading advertising of certain supplements, including ExtenZe, which it claimed would enhance penis size, an unsubstantiated claim, prosecutors said.

Biotab has not admitted fault or liability but has agreed to terms of an injunction to prevent any future unfair business practices related to the offenses, according to a news release from the District Attorney's Office.

In addition to the $1.75 million in civil penalties that will be used for future enforcement of the state's consumer protection laws, Biotab must pay restitution to consumers who have not received refunds after filing complaints with the company, the Better Business Bureau, or the California Attorney General between July 1, 2006, and July 1, 2011, the release said.

The terms of a $300,000 settlement in 2006 – also obtained by the district attorney – against the principals of Biotab and the former manufacturer and distributor of ExtenZe, Dish Direct, Inc., for making the same claims prohibited false advertising and unsubstantiated claims, prosecutors said.

The current case was both a violation of consumer protection laws and the previous injunction, they said.

Uncle Pervey
07-22-2011, 10:20am
I'm not worried... I have 12" E-penis! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ol Timer
07-22-2011, 10:24am
I sure don't need it
I have tiny hands.

DJ_Critterus
07-22-2011, 10:28am
Looks like some C4 owners might be able to afford aa newer ride.....

Meeko87
07-22-2011, 10:40am
I'm not worried... I have 12" E-penis! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whatever, my E-penis is 12" limp.

DukeAllen
07-22-2011, 10:49am
Looks like some C4 owners might be able to afford aa newer ride.....

We don't need to compensate by buying a C6:D

Mark C5
07-22-2011, 11:16am
I'm awaitin' by my mailbox! :)

sxeC6
07-22-2011, 1:18pm
Sad part is that the $1.75 mil is a drop in the bucket to the multi $$$ that company made from dumb asses who bought and still buy their BS. It's just a cost of doing business to them and they'll just keep on selling it.

NB2K
07-22-2011, 1:25pm
Sad part is that the $1.75 mil is a drop in the bucket to the multi $$$ that company made from dumb asses who bought and still buy their BS. It's just a cost of doing business to them and they'll just keep on selling it.

Didn't work, huh?:D

DJ_Critterus
07-22-2011, 1:50pm

I bet Bob still has that shit-eatin grin on his face like he does in the commercials...... not so sure about the slims, though.