PDA

View Full Version : "Scam I Am" Runaway wedding planner arrested

onedef92
07-22-2011, 7:56am
Runaway wedding planner arrested

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 8:53 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 21, 2011 8:53 PM EDT

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - A runaway wedding planner first exposed by the Action News 5 investigators was arrested Wednesday.

At the same time newlyweds Levette and Rico Stone were sharing their first dance as husband and wife Wednesday night, runaway wedding planer Jennice Collier was being taken into custody by deputies with the Shelby County Fugitive Squad.

The couple was thrilled when they heard the news.

"I jumped up and down, I woke him up," said Levette Stone.

Collier is charged with two counts of theft of property between $1,000 and $10,000. She claimed to be paying wedding vendors working for the Stones and bride Mary Smith.

The money disappeared, as did Collier for a while. Wednesday, she agreed to meet deputies at an East Memphis Exxon station.

"I feel like it's one step closer to justice," said Levette Stone. "She will get hers."

"I was just so happy to see that ... when folks do those types of things, they just can't get away with it," said Rico Stone.

Smith expressed her gratitude in an e-mail, saying, "I am so glad that they caught her because I really thought she was going to get away. I know you might be tired of hearing this but I am going to continue to say it thank you so very very much. I am so grateful."

Collier is being held on a $30,000 bond and is considered a flight risk. Action News 5 offered to let her tell her side of the story from her jail cell, but Collier declined.

The Stones were heading on their honeymoon Thursday, but they said they will be back in time for Collier's next court appearance on August 15.

Runaway wedding planner arrested - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee (http://www.wmctv.com/story/15127037/runaway-wedding-planner-arrested?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6076379)

Rob
07-22-2011, 7:59am
Memphis....go figure

Mike Mercury
07-22-2011, 8:38am
"Scam I Am"

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

snide
07-22-2011, 8:43am
This is news why? :confused5:

C5SilverBullet
07-22-2011, 8:51am
This is news why? :confused5:

Someone arrested for stealing money from people getting married, that's a crime.

onedef92
07-22-2011, 9:21am
Someone arrested for stealing money from people getting married, that's a crime.

Intolerably lowdown and dirty, too.

oyealiz
07-22-2011, 2:12pm
Intolerably lowdown and dirty, too.

The fact it's wedding money is irrelevant. It's bad no matter.

"Scam I Am".....:rofl::rofl::rofl: