PDA

View Full Version : Really cool WWII P-38 Training Video

Uncle Pervey
07-21-2011, 2:56pm
This apparently the film that was shown to pilots whe were transitioning from other planes to the P-38.

How To Fly The P-38 - Flight Characteristics on Vimeo

Chris Fowler
07-21-2011, 3:21pm
:cool:

Dan Dlabay
07-21-2011, 6:59pm
:flag:The P-38 is one of my favorite fighters of WW II. I t is diffently one of the planes that helped win the war. Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

Flatbush Harry
07-21-2011, 8:19pm
Dogfights — History.com Videos (http://www.history.com/shows/dogfights/videos?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_ContentNetwork&keywords=military%2Baircraft%2Babout&utm_source=google_content&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dogfights&utm_term=content_military%20aircraft%20about#f-4-phantom-vs-mig-17)

For those of you that like airplanes and pilots' stories, I encourage you to look at the attached. I starts with Robin Olds, BG, USAF (ret), one of the true studs of military aviation. This first clip describes his MiG17 shoot down in N Vietnam; he also was a WWII ace in the P38, and one of the clips describes that.

I'll throw a nickel on the grass for Gen. Olds.

Rest in Peace and Godspeed, sir.

Harry, 2Lt, USAFR (ret)

Uncle Pervey
07-21-2011, 9:34pm
Dogfights — History.com Videos (http://www.history.com/shows/dogfights/videos?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_ContentNetwork&keywords=military%2Baircraft%2Babout&utm_source=google_content&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dogfights&utm_term=content_military%20aircraft%20about#f-4-phantom-vs-mig-17)

For those of you that like airplanes and pilots' stories, I encourage you to look at the attached. I starts with Robin Olds, BG, USAF (ret), one of the true studs of military aviation. This first clip describes his MiG17 shoot down in N Vietnam; he also was a WWII ace in the P38, and one of the clips describes that.

I'll throw a nickel on the grass for Gen. Olds.

Rest in Peace and Godspeed, sir.

Harry, 2Lt, USAFR (ret)

Harry, Robin Olds was a truly one of a disappearing breed. A buddy of mine was on the ground crew for his squadron in Thailand, he's the first one to tell me about "Blackman and Robin." Col. Chappie James and Col. Robin Olds. They were a hell-ova team! :yesnod:

Grey Ghost
07-22-2011, 6:48am
Cool. My uncle flew them in the Pacific, during the war. He would always share some great stories.

"Forked Tail Devil"