PDA

View Full Version : [PICS] New Car... your thoughts on this please?

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 7:49am
I pick it up tomorrow night and it's currently owned by a guy ho lives less than 5 minutes away from me. WE both use USAAA for banking and insurance so I know there won't be aany issues. He's also turning over all the maintenance records and receipts for every part he purchased to complete the build. What says OT? Oh yeah... for Joebuck, it'll smoke the living shit out of a C4 without damaaging any of the internal engine, transmission, or differrential parts.

1929 Ford Model-T with GM everything else to power and drive it actually built fromt he ground up in 2000 with 2,300 (rounding up) miles on it. :D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/4c0d6f99.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/25082ae6.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/91a1fd52.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/b9600025.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/b4abf324.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/b9d4ca7b.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/7f0dc1c8.jpg

FRISKY
07-21-2011, 7:53am
Very nice!

pappytinker
07-21-2011, 7:54am
Let me get this straight, its a Harley - Davidson T-Bucket???

Not my first choice in a toy (or second, or third) but you are buying it, not me, so please yourself.

For what it is, it looks pretty good.

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 7:57am
Let me get this straight, its a Harley - Davidson T-Bucket???

Not my first choice in a toy (or second, or third) but you are buying it, not me, so please yourself.

For what it is, it looks pretty good.

Harley T-bucket? 'Splaain please. I had to wake up before the crack of noon for work so I'm about as retarded as our POTUS right about now.

longhorn341
07-21-2011, 7:58am
Harley T-bucket? 'Splaain please. I had to wake up before the crack of noon for work so I'm about as retarded as our POTUS right about now.

I think he is referring to the sticker next to the for sale sign. BTW can't read the sign.... how much?????

mrvette
07-21-2011, 8:00am
Metal or plastic body??? mind saying how much $??

:waiting:

Kuelblaz
07-21-2011, 8:04am
I pick it up tomorrow night and it's currently owned by a guy ho lives less than 5 minutes away from me. WE both use USAAA for banking and insurance so I know there won't be aany issues. He's also turning over all the maintenance records and receipts for every part he purchased to complete the build. What says OT? Oh yeah... for Joebuck, it'll smoke the living shit out of a C4 without damaaging any of the internal engine, transmission, or differrential parts.

1929 Ford Model-T with GM everything else to power and drive it actually built fromt he ground up in 2000 with 2,300 (rounding up) miles on it. :D

Not really a T-Bucket Guy, but I like the color. Guy down the street has a blue one ...
Enjoy the new ride!

oyealiz
07-21-2011, 8:10am
Definitely looks fun!

navyndi2
07-21-2011, 8:11am
I like it, was thinking about building something like that in the next few years.

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 8:11am
I think he is referring to the sticker next to the for sale sign. BTW can't read the sign.... how much?????

Duh... I hate waaking up before the crackof noon beccause I feel about as retarded as our POTUS on a good day.

USAA initially offered to finance $40K aafter running the vin, but I got it for $15K with all paperwork for maintenance and parts that were purchased.

VatorMan
07-21-2011, 8:14am
Not much of a T bucket guy-That's one of those go to a car show and sit kind of cars. Does look nice though.

Sea Six
07-21-2011, 8:14am
A '29?

I thought Ford quit making the Model T in 1927.

Henry Ford did not invent the automobile or the assembly line. He did, however, change the world by using an assembly line technique to produce cars which could be afforded by everyone. From 1909 to 1927, the Ford Motor Company built more than 15 million Model T cars. Without a doubt, Henry Ford transformed the economic and social fabric of the 20th century.

:leaving:

longhorn341
07-21-2011, 8:38am
Duh... I hate waaking up before the crackof noon beccause I feel about as retarded as our POTUS on a good day.

USAA initially offered to finance $40K aafter running the vin, but I got it for $15K with all paperwork for maintenance and parts that were purchased.

15k seems like a hell of a deal. :cheers:

LATB
07-21-2011, 8:46am
Definitely looks fun! to drive around the block once or twice

embellished :D

Seems to me...a ride like that is something you want to build yourself...I'd think building it is probably more enjoyable than the actual ownership...

probably why the guy is done with it and selling :rofl:

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 8:58am
15k seems like a hell of a deal. :cheers:

My beautiful, caring, and loving wife (no pics for you pervs) agreed with my purchase plan within seconds of telling her about it :D

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 9:00am
embellished :D

Seems to me...a ride like that is something you want to build yourself...I'd think building it is probably more enjoyable than the actual ownership...

probably why the guy is done with it and selling :rofl:
He baught a model-a ( I believe) and his wife told him that he could keep one or the other. I whsih I had the time aand tools to build one myself.... maybe int he future when I win the lottery.

Meeko87
07-21-2011, 9:02am
My beautiful, caring, and loving wife (no pics for you pervs) agreed with my purchase plan within seconds of flashing my handle :D

fixt

LATB
07-21-2011, 9:05am
He baught a model-a ( I believe) and his wife told him that he could keep one or the other. I whsih I had the time aand tools to build one myself.... maybe int he future when I win the lottery.

:cheers:

I want a '65 or '66 Chevy short bed fleetside pickup...in blue with white top.

Only restoration I want is a comfy seat...and all mechanicals in running order...I'd like to keep the natural patina...rust and all.

And have my company name painted on the doors. Paint!, not the vinyl.

Old school baby. :cheers:

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 9:09am
fixt

If I'd have flashed my handle. she would've gone out of her way to buy it for me :yesnod:

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 9:13am

I want a '65 or '66 Chevy short bed fleetside pickup...in blue with white top.

Only restoration I want is a comfy seat...and all mechanicals in running order...I'd like to keep the natural patina...rust and all.

And have my company name painted on the doors. Paint!, not the vinyl.

Old school baby. :cheers:
The only thing that I think would maake this car better would be if I could make the fuel cell out of a half BBL keg that was visible :lol:

Officer/Tax Collector: Sir, have you been drinking?

Me/tax collection Victim: No, but my car has. That explains the erradic driving

:rofl: :rofl:

Giraffe (He/Him)
07-21-2011, 9:23am
That big ass dog of yours gonna fit in there?!

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 9:43am
A '29?

I thought Ford quit making the Model T in 1927.

:leaving:

My bad.... copy of the title says it's a '23.

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 9:45am
That big ass dog of yours gonna fit in there?!

Yep.... no roof for him to hit his head on. The Dachshund is going to love it if I even consider letting the dogs near it.

Bucwheat
07-21-2011, 10:57am
Nice little fair weather toy.

Joecooool
07-21-2011, 12:06pm
Knew a guy that got killed driving one of those, Light it up at a traffic light, lost control and hit a telephone pole at about 30 mph.

There are no modern safety features.

Be safe.

TexasBulldog
07-21-2011, 12:10pm
SWEET!... Id love to own one like that.

only bad part of that setup is the stickers all over it... get rid of those and you have one hell of a TOY!

VatorMan
07-21-2011, 12:45pm
Knew a guy that got killed driving one of those, Light it up at a traffic light, lost control and hit a telephone pole at about 30 mph.

Be safe.

You guys kill me. :lol: I tell someone I ride a MC I gotta hear about some guy they knew that died riding. I tell 'em I SCUBA and hear about shark attacks. Road Racing-etc...

high desert
07-21-2011, 12:51pm
Cool car, but T-buckets are usually the suck when it comes to leg room.

sxeC6
07-21-2011, 12:52pm
Not a T guy myself, but a '32 now you're talking. :yesnod:

VatorMan
07-21-2011, 1:42pm
fixt

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/vatorman/Smilies/33ognzm.gif

LATB
07-21-2011, 1:43pm

Be safe.
maybe there needs to be legislation :rolleyes:
You guys kill me. :lol: I tell someone I ride a MC I gotta hear about some guy they knew that died riding. I tell 'em I SCUBA and hear about shark attacks. Road Racing-etc...
liberals are wusses

and some of them are cowards :D

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 1:48pm
Cool car, but T-buckets are usually the suck when it comes to leg room.

If this car does aroad trip it will be on a trailer pulled by my wife's truck with much more leg room :yesnod:

War Eagle ZO6
07-21-2011, 1:49pm
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Uncle Pervey
07-21-2011, 1:49pm
I think in order to drive that you should have to take a driver's safety course, then wear a 6 point harness with helmet and HANS device. Plus it needs a full roll cage and flashing yellow lights on each corner and side, so people will see you coming. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 1:53pm
I think in order to drive that you should have to take a driver's safety course, then wear a 6 point harness with helmet and HANS device. Plus it needs a full roll cage and flashing yellow lights on each corner and side, so people will see you coming. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Screw that. I do want to go F/I with it and aadd retractable wheelie bars since i know it will lift the front end up as it sits :D It's automotively orgasmic :yesnod:

Uncle Pervey
07-21-2011, 2:00pm
Screw that. I do want to go F/I with it and aadd retractable wheelie bars since i know it will lift the front end up as it sits :D It's automotively orgasmic :yesnod:

I'm sure it will, when I was in high school one of the guys had an surplus jeep with a 65 327 FI Corvette motor, he could do wheelies all the way across intersections. Night we graduated from HS, he had a buddy of mine in the back drunk as a skunk, did a wheelie and left him laying in the street! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
He went back and picked him up and they headed to the graduation dance. The guy that fell out went into the restroom to try and wash off some of the road grime, he walked in the door and some guy sucker punched him (it was mistaken idenitity) but he was out for the count. We drug his drunk ass back to jeep and put him in the back again. About 2 hours later he came in and had no memory of anything since he fell out of the jeep. He thought his jaw was sore and his teeth loose was from falling out of the jeep. :rofl:

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 2:38pm
I'm sure it will, when I was in high school one of the guys had an surplus jeep with a 65 327 FI Corvette motor, he could do wheelies all the way across intersections. Night we graduated from HS, he had a buddy of mine in the back drunk as a skunk, did a wheelie and left him laying in the street! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
He went back and picked him up and they headed to the graduation dance. The guy that fell out went into the restroom to try and wash off some of the road grime, he walked in the door and some guy sucker punched him (it was mistaken idenitity) but he was out for the count. We drug his drunk ass back to jeep and put him in the back again. About 2 hours later he came in and had no memory of anything since he fell out of the jeep. He thought his jaw was sore and his teeth loose was from falling out of the jeep. :rofl:

Sounds like y'all had one helluva night :rofl:

themonk
07-21-2011, 3:23pm
Buddy, that's reeks of mucho gayness, even for you. Get your self an old Camaro or Corvette or Mustang.

...Whitepower...
07-21-2011, 3:37pm
Not a fan.

Munch
07-21-2011, 3:46pm
Very cool ride. I'd like something like that when I'm old too.

It's just missing a little art work on the back.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/Dr_Munch/2011-07-16_13-19-52_490.jpg

Jeff '79
07-21-2011, 4:14pm
Nice !! I Always wanted to drive one them..It looks really nice ..:clever:

Silverspeed
07-21-2011, 4:20pm
Power numbers, engine specs?

Corey_68
07-21-2011, 4:36pm
Nice death trap :D

78SA
07-21-2011, 5:28pm
Sweet ride! :hurray:

C5Nate
07-21-2011, 6:33pm
Buddy, that's reeks of mucho gayness, even for you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Says the guy with a 1981 Camaro.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/fstorage/avatars/avatar222503_27.gif

C5Nate
07-21-2011, 6:34pm
Looks like a lot of fun, but Joecool is right, be careful out there.

Nice price also :thumbs:

Garb55
07-21-2011, 6:36pm
Congrats, Sha:cool1:rp!:thumbsup:

LATB
07-21-2011, 6:42pm

Says the guy with a 1981 Camaro.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/fstorage/avatars/avatar222503_27.gif

you'd love it if it had a diesel :rofl:

C5Nate
07-21-2011, 6:44pm

Wrong again salt sniffer.

Never liked the late '70's early '80's camaro.

LATB
07-21-2011, 6:46pm
Wrong again salt sniffer.
Never liked the late '70's early '80's camaro.

incorrect

I take my salt on the rim of a glass, thank you :shots:

Poog
07-21-2011, 6:59pm
Looks like a nice toy. Enjoy!

C5Nate
07-21-2011, 7:37pm
incorrect

I take my salt on the rim of a glass, thank you :shots:

'scuse me, salt licker. :D

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 8:12pm

Monk would love it if it had a dildo for a stick shift.......

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 8:33pm
From the other place:

Lotsa small block auto T buckets out there. Inexpensive fun.

Very few T buckets with big blocks and even fewers with sticks. Very occasionally you see those gorgeous 7 bolt valve covers.

One thing you don't see around here is street rods with Hemis (real Hemis). Only in 70's car models it seems.. :D Never seen any at cruise nights tho the big car shows like Das Awkscht Fest or Wheels of Time may have them.

Anyhoo DJ, that's a sweet looking rod... like drop axle front ends. :thumbs:

I don't care for the shifter in it, though it's easy to operate and has the classic 8-ball grip. What I would really like to do is find a way to hook up an old style olds-hurst-lightning rod shifter mechanism to the Turbo 350 transmission. Now that would be something different and awesome at the same time. Anybody have any ideas how I might go about doing this if possible?

This your new DD, I say get it.

Nope the 2011 Mustang GT will remain my DD.

Anybody have ideas about the lightning rod shifter if it's even possible?

LATB
07-21-2011, 8:39pm
'scuse me, salt licker. :D

Munch
07-21-2011, 8:40pm
Anybody have ideas about the lightning rod shifter if it's even possible?

Why not? You could always fab up a mount if need be and there is more than likely some linkage out there that would work. All depends how bad you want it.

DJ_Critterus
07-21-2011, 8:51pm
Why not? You could always fab up a mount if need be and there is more than likely some linkage out there that would work. All depends how bad you want it.

I've been looking for info on this and found very little. I'm also not a big fan of cutting holes in the floor for something that may or may not work since I don't really have a working knowledge of it or how to install it. Damn this common sense thing...... :lol:

kylebuck
07-21-2011, 9:44pm
Come get you some

themonk
07-21-2011, 11:44pm
Monk would love it if it had a dildo for a stick shift.......

that would be perfect since the driver is a pu$$y :D

why don't you get a pistol grip shift handle?

Kuelblaz
07-22-2011, 5:35am
Very cool ride. I'd like something like that when I'm old too.

It's just missing a little art work on the back.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/Dr_Munch/2011-07-16_13-19-52_490.jpg

BooYah, Now thats What I'm Talkin About!

Jeff '79
07-22-2011, 6:39am
It doesn't have posi ????

DJ_Critterus
07-22-2011, 10:10am
that would be perfect since the driver is a pu$$y :D

why don't you get a pistol grip shift handle?
I'd call you a pu$$y even if you were driving a high end super car.

The shifter already has a handle. I want something mo'better.... Lightning Rods! :D

DJ_Critterus
07-22-2011, 9:30pm
Ooooooh Man!!!! What a rush! Driving that car is simply awesome. Honestly, it was more fun to drive than it was during the first times driving either of the vettes I had in the past.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/DJ_Critterus/f7f64167.jpg