PDA

View Full Version : LS6 Intake

1TZSLO
02-09-2010, 6:37pm
Since my S/C setup for the summer depends on if my motorcycle sells.

Is it worth it to install the LS6 Intake and grab a quick tune since its just sitting in my apartment?:beat:

FRC Joe
02-10-2010, 8:27am
Since my S/C setup for the summer depends on if my motorcycle sells.

Is it worth it to install the LS6 Intake and grab a quick tune since its just sitting in my apartment?:beat:

I'd be inclined to either put it on without a tune or wait until the blower goes on. Who is going to be doing your tuning? Will they do updates for less $$ after the 1st tune?

tomurphjr
02-10-2010, 8:32am
I don't think a tune is necessary for an LS1 to LS6 intake swap. Now if you were doing full exhaust, I'd say yes, get a tune.

Put it on and see if you can tell any difference.

Cobra4B
02-10-2010, 9:41am
LS1Howto.com (http://www.ls1howto.com) has a good swap w/ pics. I know in some of the early LS1s you have to dremmel a little portion of the block to do the swap.

1TZSLO
02-10-2010, 11:43am
There is also a block off plate you have to buy, I have the lik saved somewhere on my computer. I guess I could just wait till I the procharger. Its not like I will gain much hp from it with just a intake swap.

Peter Pan
02-11-2010, 11:25am
There is also a block off plate you have to buy, I have the lik saved somewhere on my computer. I guess I could just wait till I the procharger. Its not like I will gain much hp from it with just a intake swap.

Good idea to wait until you do the S/C as the intake swap by itself will not be get you much in seat of the pants feel:cheers:

chargedc5
02-11-2010, 12:40pm
not worth the tune, if you have one you could put it on but for around your goals of 550 rwhp you can do alot more for the same or less money! Headers, smaller supercharger pulley, meth, BETTER TIRES, lol, ETC, ETC!

tomurphjr
02-11-2010, 1:08pm

When I install my LS6 intake, I'm going to dremel the bottom of the intake so I don't have to change the setup. Do a search on LS1tech. You find the info on exactly what I'm talking about.

1TZSLO
02-11-2010, 3:50pm
not worth the tune, if you have one you could put it on but for around your goals of 550 rwhp you can do alot more for the same or less money! Headers, smaller supercharger pulley, meth, BETTER TIRES, lol, ETC, ETC!

Tires will be a Bday present