PDA

View Full Version : High Anxiety: Man afraid of heights gets stuck on bungee ride

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:07am
Man afraid of heights gets stuck on bungee ride

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 7:49 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 20, 2011 9:29 AM EDT

DALLAS - A suburban Dallas woman's well-meaning attempt to help her future husband overcome his fear of heights went horribly wrong when a bungee ride they were in got stuck 50 feet off the ground for three hours because cables got tangled.

Irving residents William Mancera and Thalia Rodriguez were not injured during their Monday ordeal. Dallas firefighters eventually used an aerial ladder truck to help get the couple safely to the ground.

Mancera tells KXAS-TV that his fear of heights "won again" and he is "never riding anything of that sort ever again." But he also says the ordeal has brought him and his fiancée closer together. They plan to marry in February.

The ride remains closed as the company that operates it investigates why the malfunction happened.

Jobaka
07-20-2011, 11:31am
:lol: I wonder how many hundreds of people rode that thing with no problem. Of all people to get stuck, it has to be the acrophobic. Figures, don't it?

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:34am
I guess the wife was hoping to get the wussy out of 'em.

Jobaka
07-20-2011, 11:37am
I guess the wife was hoping to get the wussy out of 'em.

A failed attempt on her part. It's there to stay, now. Forever.

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:59am
A failed attempt on her part. It's there to stay, now. Forever.

Yeah. So much for that immersion therapy psychobabble and shit....

Jobaka
07-20-2011, 12:05pm
Yeah. So much for that immersion therapy psychobabble and shit....

Let's hope he's not afraid of guns, too. She might have to shoot him in the shoulder.

jeff w
07-20-2011, 12:08pm
I'm deathly afraid of heights and this is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me :(

Uncle Pervey
07-20-2011, 12:09pm
Let's hope he's not afraid of guns, too. She might have to shoot him in the shoulder.

All she should have to do is show him the handle! :rofl::rofl::rofl: