PDA

View Full Version : Justice system a work

Joecooool
07-20-2011, 10:04am
http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/imagesjustice-system.png

w!ngnut
07-20-2011, 10:06am
He should have been put away for longer than that. He's not the only (former) CEO of a large mortgage company that should be behind bars imho...but since I'm at work I don't want to type his name.

NB2K
07-20-2011, 10:08am
I guess crime really does pay. (shrugs)

ConstantChange
07-20-2011, 10:45am
Does the homeless guy have any prior arrests?

We don't have the full story here.

NeedSpeed
07-20-2011, 10:53am
Does the homeless guy have any prior arrests?

We don't have the full story here.

I guess since it's the CEO's first, he get's off a little easy :D

:leaving:

Will
07-20-2011, 10:58am
There's also a difference between violent and non-violent crime. Doesn't matter if he was bluffing about having a weapon or not. The psychological impact on the victim(s) is the same.

That being said fraud to the tune of BILLIONS is worth YEARS in prison, more than only 3 years and 4 months.

lspencer534
07-20-2011, 12:13pm
C'mon, peeps! There could be (and likely is) more to these stories than we know. First of all, the CEO got 3+ years "for his role" in a money scheme. We don't know what that role was nor how much money this partgicular person was responsible for. The homeless guy might have a rap sheet a mile long. I look at it like this: Without more info, it appears the CEO didn't play a very big role in the fraud; after all, the prosecutor sought only 6 years. The bank robber got what is probably a typical sentence for his crime. Armed robbery is a serious crime.

NB2K
07-20-2011, 12:16pm
C'mon, peeps! There could be (and likely is) more to these stories than we know. First of all, the CEO got 3+ years "for his role" in a money scheme. We don't know what that role was nor how much money this partgicular person was responsible for. The homeless guy might have a rap sheet a mile long. I look at it like this: Without more info, it appears the CEO didn't play a very big role in the fraud; after all, the prosecutor sought only 6 years. The bank robber got what is probably a typical sentence for his crime. Armed robbery is a serious crime.

Of course.

At least the homeless guy upgraded his standard of living.

lspencer534
07-20-2011, 12:18pm
Of course.

At least the homeless guy upgraded his standard of living.

And he got the detox he was seeking...and free medical and dental, warm bed, food, etc.

lspencer534
07-20-2011, 12:27pm
dang you two! More facts and common sense! GTHO! You're going to ruin Joe's "pitty the poor and hate the rich" thread. :cuss:

I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. Mine was an inexcusable lack of judgement that will never happen again.

Yerf Dog
07-20-2011, 12:36pm
1. Release them both
2. Make them film a sit-com together
3. ???
4. Profit

BuckyThreadkiller
07-20-2011, 2:29pm
I guess crime really does pay. (shrugs)

Looks like it got the homeless guy a rent free place to stay and free meals for 15 years.

LATB
07-20-2011, 2:32pm
Looks like it got the homeless guy a rent free place to stay and free meals for 15 years.

and probably a new love interest

BuckyThreadkiller
07-20-2011, 2:34pm
and probably a new love interest

That's all behind him now.

LATB
07-20-2011, 2:36pm
That's all behind him now.

[Ed McMahon] Hi-Oooh [Ed McMahon]

Bill
07-20-2011, 8:17pm
There's also a difference between violent and non-violent crime. Doesn't matter if he was bluffing about having a weapon or not. The psychological impact on the victim(s) is the same.

That being said fraud to the tune of BILLIONS is worth LIFE in prison, more than only 3 years and 4 months.

Fixed.