PDA

View Full Version : Bad Trip: Men suspected of hallucinating call 911 for help

onedef92
07-20-2011, 6:51am
Men suspected of hallucinating call 911 for help

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 5:41 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 20, 2011 7:49 AM EDT

SPRINGFIELD, Ga. - South Georgia authorities say two men became so high on drugs they began hallucinating and called 911 when they thought intruders had broken into a home.

Effingham County sheriff's spokesman David Ehsanipoor said the pair is suspected of using methamphetamine around the time they called 911 for help early Tuesday.

Deputies responding around 4 a.m. to the home outside Savannah were told by the pair that people in a back bedroom had broken into the home, but no intruders were found.

Ehsanipoor said deputies realized they were hallucinating. He said "they were so high they called 911 on themselves."

The Savannah Morning News reports the suspects, both of Bloomingdale, face several charges including manufacturing and possessing methamphetamine. It wasn't known Tuesday whether they have attorneys.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 6:56am
BTDT

:leaving:

onedef92
07-20-2011, 7:16am
That must've been some awful psychotropic dope.

island14
07-20-2011, 7:33am
BTDT

:lol:

Details?

:waiting:

Burnt C6
07-20-2011, 7:37am
That must've been some awful psychotropic dope.

You get enough Meth or Coke in you and you will start hallucinating big time.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 7:43am

Mix that with no sleep and you will see all kinds of stuff. A couple of friends and I swore we were seeing a seal (lived on the beach at the time) breaking into one of their cars. That was back in the 80's... we were told to go back inside for the rest of the night. We did. :leaving:

onedef92
07-20-2011, 8:06am

True. Droppin' a lid of acid'll do that to you, too.

73sbVert
07-20-2011, 8:09am
Gawd I'm glad I don't do anything like that.

My worst vice is single malt scotch and amber ales. You can keep the coke and meth and pot and any other "recreational" drug, I don't want any of it.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 8:39am
Gawd I'm glad I don't do anything like that.

My worst vice is single malt scotch and amber ales. You can keep the coke and meth and pot and any other "recreational" drug, I don't want any of it.

Although it was a REALLY fun time, I've put 20years between me and that stuff. If I want a buzz, I just drink a beer now. :yesnod:

onedef92
07-20-2011, 8:41am
I've put 20years between me and that stuff. If I want a buzz, I just drink a beer now. :yesnod:

I'm sober as a street lamp these days myself. Shoot, you can count the times I even drink beer annually on both hands with me nowadays.

Now, back in the day, it was a different story.... :D

I used to get lit! Beer, coke, weed, and hash. It's a wonder I survived the 1980's at all.

LATB
07-20-2011, 8:50am
Although it was a REALLY fun time, I've put 20years between me and that stuff. If I want a buzz, I just drink a beer now. :yesnod:

:iagree:

no regrets here...

LSD was bad for some folks...they couldn't handle the trip, man. :D

I dug it! It was like going to the movies. It was like being part of an animated feature film...Cool shit happenin' mang.

Now, the White Horse...WATCH THE FUK OUT!!!

dat shit is a whole nuthah level. OMG stay the hell away from it. Please. Thank you.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 11:03am
:iagree:

no regrets here...

LSD was bad for some folks...they couldn't handle the trip, man. :D

I dug it! It was like going to the movies. It was like being part of an animated feature film...Cool shit happenin' mang.

Now, the White Horse...WATCH THE FUK OUT!!!

dat shit is a whole nuthah level. OMG stay the hell away from it. Please. Thank you.

Just the opposite here. It sends me over the edge to think of losing control of my self, surroundings and/or reality. Tried it once, no thank you.

OTOH, nothing makes me happier than being thin, having energy and feeling on top of the world. However, I now look older than I am and I'm fairly certain my brain chemistry is screwed for good. :slap: I am very lucky to not have an addictive personality.

khblair
07-20-2011, 11:07am
am i the only person who has never tried drugs? (and proud of it)

LATB
07-20-2011, 11:11am

no

you are not the only one.

you, are one of the lucky one's :yesnod:

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:12am

My wife's never tried 'em. Never been drunk off acadamn, either.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 11:12am
no

you are not the only one.

you, are one of the lucky one's :yesnod:

Meh, I'd totally do it again if my circumstances were the same.

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:14am

Not me. It was fun for a nearly a decade but I'm done (thankfully) with those days.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 11:15am
My wife's never tried 'em. Never been drunk off acadamn, either.

My husband's had maybe 4 drinks in his life and never so much as puffed on a cigarette. I've got a bit of a more extreme personality so e balance each other out.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 11:17am
Not me. It was fun for a nearly a decade but I'm done (thanfully) with those days.

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from doing it now is all that I have to lose.

LATB
07-20-2011, 11:19am
I have no regrets...

but also realise they did me zero good.

who knows? maybe I should have went to college and today I'd be a millionaire tycoon. :D

but, it matters not...as I'm happy in the place God put me. :cheers:

My husband's had maybe 4 drinks in his life and never so much as puffed on a cigarette. I've got a bit of a more extreme personality so e balance each other out.

ditto here...my wife is the subdued one.

and I've seen what can happen when both are of "extreme personality"...OMG that is usually fireworks.

LATB
07-20-2011, 11:21am
Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from doing it now is all that I have to lose.

the only thing that keeps me from doing it is the cost of good bud :D

onedef92
07-20-2011, 11:22am

I choose to embrace life with sobriety now. Just don't have any desire to get drunk or high anymore.

DukeAllen
07-20-2011, 11:23am

Not at all. I've never tried any either. Always knew better, saw enough other people throw their lives (and brain cells) away.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 11:26am
I choose to embrace life with sobriety now. Just don't have any desire to get drunk or high anymore.
Good for you, OD!
Not at all. I've never tried any either. Always knew better, saw enough other people throw their lives (and brain cells) away.
Perzactly why I quit. I will still drink once in a while, and when I do, I do to excess, but it's a very rare occurrence.

onedef92
07-20-2011, 12:39pm
Good for you, OD!

Perzactly why I quit. I will still drink once in a while, and when I do, I do to excess, but it's a very rare occurrence.

Did you make it to the Barn Gathering this year?

kylebuck
07-20-2011, 1:01pm
i just like my beer.. and i like any good friend, my beer needs friends. .. lots of them.

8Up
07-20-2011, 1:29pm
Men suspected of hallucinating call 911 for help

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 5:41 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 20, 2011 7:49 AM EDT

SPRINGFIELD, Ga. - South Georgia authorities say two men became so high on drugs they began hallucinating and called 911 when they thought intruders had broken into a home.

Effingham County sheriff's spokesman David Ehsanipoor said the pair is suspected of using methamphetamine around the time they called 911 for help early Tuesday.

Deputies responding around 4 a.m. to the home outside Savannah were told by the pair that people in a back bedroom had broken into the home, but no intruders were found.

Ehsanipoor said deputies realized they were hallucinating. He said "they were so high they called 911 on themselves."

The Savannah Morning News reports the suspects, both of Bloomingdale, face several charges including manufacturing and possessing methamphetamine. It wasn't known Tuesday whether they have attorneys.

Whoever wrote this has to be pretty stoned too to say that Savannah is in South Georgia! Buy a map will ya?

Thanks,
Don
Veteran stoner ( that was a long damm time ago)

73sbVert
07-20-2011, 1:36pm
I tried a couple of minor things many years ago, but just did not like what it did to me. I got the paranoid high from smoking, not the "Whoah, cool!" high, and got sick after just a little crystal. Just did not enjoy any of it.

No thanks, I can definitely do without any of that shit. :ack:

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 2:40pm
Did you make it to the Barn Gathering this year?

Yep but I didn't drink. I couldn't afford the cover charge so I ate before I got there and stuck to a couple of diet cokes from Mike's machine, chips and salsa... :leaving:

I also flew solo so I wouldn't have drank anyway since I had to get meself home. :hi:

onedef92
07-20-2011, 2:53pm
Yep but I didn't drink. I couldn't afford the cover charge so I ate before I got there and stuck to a couple of diet cokes from Mike's machine, chips and salsa... :leaving:

I also flew solo so I wouldn't have drank anyway since I had to get meself home. :hi:

Then I commend your willpower, then. :seeya:

I don't think you and I ever did a CI event together, did we? Seems you and Need-a-Vette were going to come one year and for some reason or another it didn't materialize.

Barn Babe
07-20-2011, 2:56pm
Then I commend your willpower, then. :seeya:

I don't think you and I ever did a CI event together, did we? Seems you and Need-a-Vette were going to come one year and for some reason or another it didn't materialize.

I've never done an event that wasn't in TX.

Blademaker
07-20-2011, 7:04pm
I look at the few years I spent strung out on speed/barbs a learning experience. I'm glad I survived my misspent youth.

A few beers, maybe a sip of whiskey on the weekends, an occasional bit of weed, i'm good to go.

Lars is right..........hop on the white horse, you're in for one helluva ride you don't want.

onedef92
07-21-2011, 9:12am
I've never done an event that wasn't in TX.

Well, we'll have to see what we can do next year to remedy that unfortunate situation. Long-term memory's not what it used to be. You can tell I inhaled in college, huh? :rasta:

onedef92
07-21-2011, 9:13am
I look at the few years I spent strung out on speed/barbs a learning experience. I'm glad I survived my misspent youth.

A few beers, maybe a sip of whiskey on the weekends, an occasional bit of weed, i'm good to go.

Lars is right..........hop on the white horse, you're in for one helluva ride you don't want.

Never fecked with "da heron". The Dirty White Girl (powder cocaine) was enough for me.

‪Laid Back - White Horse‬‏ - YouTube

LATB
07-21-2011, 9:25am
Never fecked with "da heron". The Dirty White Girl (powder cocaine) was enough for me.

‪Laid Back - White Horse‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8j2ej5jqQw)

that's a cool tune...

problem with the white horse is...

most who mount up, have real difficulties with the dismount...

it can be a killer. serious. :sadangel:

onedef92
07-21-2011, 9:32am
that's a cool tune...

problem with the white horse is...

most who mount up, have real difficulties with the dismount...

it can be a killer. serious. :sadangel:

True. Then again, if the devil came ugly, nobody would feck with 'em.

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. - 2 Corinthians 11:14-15

Epic tune. It was practically my national anthem in college. :cool:

LATB
07-21-2011, 9:44am
True. Then again, if the devil came ugly, nobody would feck with 'em.

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. - 2 Corinthians 11:14-15

Epic tune. It was practically my national anthem in college. :cool:

indeed. we live in the Devil's world...

Barn Babe
07-21-2011, 3:51pm
Well, we'll have to see what we can do next year to remedy that unfortunate situation. Long-term memory's not what it used to be. You can tell I inhaled in college, huh? :rasta:

I think most would agree that YOUR presence is needed at the next Barn Raising. :yesnod:

LATB
07-21-2011, 3:55pm
I think most would agree that YOUR presence is needed at the next Barn Raising. :yesnod:

but there are cops there...right?

Barn Babe
07-21-2011, 4:00pm
but there are cops there...right?

There are??? :willy:

FWIW, you couldn't spend 15minutes in TJ in the 80's without hearing this one

‪Grandmaster Flash - White Lines (Don't Do It) (1983) Original‬‏ - YouTube