PDA

View Full Version : whats the purpose of a PRC section..

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 8:10pm
If no one uses it?:wtf:

Uncle Pervey
07-19-2011, 8:13pm
Well, we could have brutal moderators that hand out bannage for posting political shit in this area, but this isn't CF, so we put up with Pisstater, Lars and other political types pissing on each other.... it's actually quite entertaining. :yesnod:

DAB
07-19-2011, 8:14pm
last post over there was about 12 min ago, post count is about 10% of OT. dive in and debate. not my thing most of the time.

JRD77VET
07-19-2011, 8:15pm

There was a "wart on the ass of life" that took the fun out it. Folks migrated out of there because of it. :yesnod:

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 8:16pm
Well, we could have brutal moderators that hand out bannage for posting political shit in this area, but this isn't CF, so we put up with Pisstater, Lars and other political types pissing on each other.... it's actually quite entertaining. :yesnod:

Don't have to ban people, just post in the right forum to begin with or move threads that are posted here that clearly belong there. What you find entertaining I find old..

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 8:17pm
There was a "wart on the ass of life" that took the fun out it. Folks migrated out of there because of it. :yesnod:

Ban the one guy then if he cant grow up and be civil.

Problem solved.

Joecooool
07-19-2011, 8:18pm
To beat me up?

GEODON
07-19-2011, 8:19pm
last post over there was about 12 min ago, post count is about 10% of OT. dive in and debate. not my thing most of the time.

people are just getting tired bashing blacks. It's like how many other PC ways can they say blacks ruined the country?

Uri
07-19-2011, 8:19pm
It is impossible to live up the "devil may care" atmosphere in the other forum. Bashing anybody may be seen as more fun over there. This OT section is much better HERE, and does seem to lend itself to all banter political or other wise.

:beat:

BuckyThreadkiller
07-19-2011, 8:20pm
Ban the one guy then if he cant grow up and be civil.

Problem solved.

THat's the other thing - VB doesn't seem to ban people just because they are assholes.

That's why most of us are still here.

Blademaker
07-19-2011, 8:21pm
To keep Will the hell outta here and make him feel important. :yesnod:

BuckyThreadkiller
07-19-2011, 8:21pm
people are just getting tired bashing blacks. It's like how many other PC ways can they say blacks ruined the country?

But if it was the whites that brought them here in the first place...

MEANZ06
07-19-2011, 8:25pm

And we're off....

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 8:26pm

Blacks, Democrats, liberals, etc...

Any post about something bad happening in society always has some guy chiming in blaming the decline of society on everyone except white Republican NRA members...

Its getting old.

Read through some of the thread's its the same digs over and over.

Skia
07-19-2011, 8:28pm

Any post about something bad happening in society always has some guy chiming in blaming the decline of society on everyone except white Republican NRA members...

Its getting old.I personally blame the damn Lithuanians and Norwegians. :yesnod:

BuckyThreadkiller
07-19-2011, 8:30pm
I personally blame the damn Lithuanians and Norwegians. :yesnod:

Its a vast Lutheran conspiracy.

Uncle Pervey
07-19-2011, 8:32pm

And we're off....

It was actually the Dutch that sold the first lot of black slaves in Jamestown Virginia... We oughta go kick their asses! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

G8rDMD
07-19-2011, 8:33pm

Those Norwegians are tricky :willy:

Skia
07-19-2011, 8:36pm
Its a vast Lutheran conspiracy.
Hey.......I'm Lutheran....:skep:

http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/haters-gonna-hate.gif

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 8:46pm
The funny thing is shit like this I find funny. That's why I frequent this forum.

I'd just rather not have to sift through all the PRC bullshit to find it. Sometimes you can tell by a thread title and you just don't click but half the time an unassuming thread gets jacked and turns into a Obama sucks thread or something similar.. You guys are beating a dead horse..

I don't believe or practice any type of religion but I don't continually bash you guys for what you choose to believe in.

kingpin
07-19-2011, 9:05pm
"people are scared of what they don't understand"
"people are scared of what they don't know"
"people are scared of things that are different"
"people are scared of change"

blah blah blah blah blah

it goes on forever and ever.

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 9:14pm
I know this might come as a surprise do you but there's this nifty icon you can click to "report" a thread and give a reason.

http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

Just a thought.

Why bother. As it was pointed out earlier the last thread in PRC was a year back. Obviously there has been a conscious decision by chef to leave things as they are. Its not my style to report threads and even if I did what good would it do?

...Whitepower...
07-19-2011, 9:19pm
HUH? There are tons of threads posted just this week in PRC. :skep:
:leaving:

kingpin
07-19-2011, 9:22pm
:leaving:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LATB
07-19-2011, 10:12pm

Its getting old.

Read through some of the thread's its the same digs over and over.

:iagree:

2012 can't get here quick enough :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LATB
07-19-2011, 10:12pm
I'm joking...of course ^^^ :lol:

a lot of prc topics are in vbot because vbprc is asleep half of the time...

If ya don't want to participate in them...that's cool :cheers:

MattW
07-19-2011, 10:37pm
"people are scared of what they don't understand"
"people are scared of what they don't know"
"people are scared of things that are different"
"people are scared of change"

Substitute "Conservatives" for "people" and you've got it.

Libertarianism FTW!

:)

Poog
07-20-2011, 1:11pm

It's the lutefisk..

C5SilverBullet
07-20-2011, 1:15pm

I wish they would.

Will
07-20-2011, 1:52pm
People use it. But not enough yet. You COULD help change that....

Maybe I can con Iron Chef into an expansion draft of some sort. Forced conscription of OT posters into PRC. OT can have, say, 10 protected posters.

:D :dance:

prospero63
07-20-2011, 1:54pm
Un, no.

That's right. Because conservatives aren't people.

BuckyThreadkiller
07-20-2011, 1:57pm
People use it. But not enough yet. You COULD help change that....

Maybe I can con Iron Chef into an expansion draft of some sort. Forced conscription of OT posters into PRC. OT can have, say, 10 protected posters.

:D :dance:

Just move the PRC threads that show up in OT over to your playground and keep this sandbox clean.

prospero63
07-20-2011, 1:59pm
Just move the PRC threads that show up in OT over to your playground and keep this sandbox clean.

That requires moderator effort. And folks are so petrified by the prospect of over-moderation that they are clear over to the other extreme. It's just like the early days of BCF.

LATB
07-20-2011, 2:00pm

yeah

that way the thread will at least get more than 10 views before it goes there :D

VatorMan
07-20-2011, 2:02pm
That requires moderator effort. And folks are so petrified by the prospect of over-moderation that they are clear over to the other extreme. It's just like the early days of BCF.

True enough. :iagree:

BuckyThreadkiller
07-20-2011, 2:15pm
yeah

that way the thread will at least get more than 10 views before it goes there :D

Perhaps the reason there isn't the rip-roaring Lincoln v Douglas repartee you guys seem to want is because most of us don't care about the endless "Obama is Satan" "No, he's the Chosen One" BS that every single thread in PRC devolves into.

We already know the positions for all the players, you guys are all talking past each other so nobody's mind is being changed - there's nothing new to be interested in. Joecoooool would sooner gnaw his arm off than consider a right wing concept, the same way Will would rather be staked to a fire ant bed than admit that Al Franken is a legitimate member of Congress.

IMHO - if the PRC crap is going to be in OT, then kill off the PRC section and be done with it. Otherwise, move stuff where it belongs.

LATB
07-20-2011, 2:19pm
Perhaps the reason there isn't the rip-roaring Lincoln v Douglas repartee you guys seem to want is because most of us don't care about the endless "Obama is Satan" "No, he's the Chosen One" BS that every single thread in PRC devolves into.

We already know the positions for all the players, you guys are all talking past each other so nobody's mind is being changed - there's nothing new to be interested in. Joecoooool would sooner gnaw his arm off than consider a right wing concept, the same way Will would rather be staked to a fire ant bed than admit that Al Franken is a legitimate member of Congress.

IMHO - if the PRC crap is going to be in OT, then kill off the PRC section and be done with it. Otherwise, move stuff where it belongs.

:iagree:

prospero63
07-20-2011, 2:21pm

overmoderation!!! overmoderation!!!