PDA

View Full Version : Chad Reed, You are one BAD mofo!

syf350
07-19-2011, 2:23pm
‪2011 Chad Reed Crash-Millville(Official Speed TV Feed)‬‏ - YouTube

Jobaka
07-19-2011, 2:31pm
Holy crap.

Amazing.

He's lucky he landed where he did. If he had gone a few more feet, he would've landed on the flat. I doubt he would've walked away from that.

Mike Mercury
07-19-2011, 2:58pm
http://www.hongkonghotelmassage.com/wp-content/uploads/massupload/3859591239875359_cute_asian_chick.gif

The_Dude
07-19-2011, 3:25pm
"The agony of defeat"

The_Dude
07-19-2011, 3:25pm
Holy crap.

Amazing.

He's lucky he landed where he did. If he had gone a few more feet, he would've landed on the flat. I doubt he would've walked away from that.

He was also smart to toss away the bike.

syf350
07-19-2011, 3:47pm
:iagree:

a little over a year ago i was about 1/3 that high from the ground, crashing and knew it, so tossed the bike because I didn't want to crash with it. landed on flat ground in the sitting position. 3 shattered vertebrae:leaving:

often wonder what if i had stayed with the bike.

TexasBulldog
07-19-2011, 3:57pm
he's always been good and on the edge of GREAT... that video is intense!

NeedSpeed
07-19-2011, 4:25pm
He was also smart to toss away the bike.

Not so sure that was planned :lol:

LATB
07-19-2011, 4:32pm
youth is a wonderful thing...

btw, I love the old school MX...not a fan of stadium superX

The_Dude
07-19-2011, 4:47pm
Not so sure that was planned :lol:

He did let go. Having never been in that situation, I don't know what instinct would have told me to do.

LATB
07-19-2011, 4:51pm
He did let go. Having never been in that situation, I don't know what instinct would have told me to do.

I used to ride dirt...been high but never been in that spot...

always thought you were supposed to stay with the bike?

The_Dude
07-19-2011, 5:15pm

I still do, but there's not much chance of me getting that high in the air. :lol:

JRD77VET
07-19-2011, 8:12pm

He let go because it got "real bad, real quick".

One has to make a split second decision on stay or get away. Plus, not everybody riding has the skill level of Chad Reed.

I'd bet most folks are just along for the ride when bad things happen :lol:
BTDT have the T-shirt, bad knees and torn up shoulders
:leaving:

Uncle Pervey
07-19-2011, 8:29pm
The only time I've been almost that high on a bike after a jump I lost it and ended up in water about 6 ft deep with the bike on top of me. Riding down a semi-dry creek bed. It's amazing how heavy a Bell helmet is full of water and your head is buried in the mud. I think the only thing that kept me from getting a lung full of water was the impact knocked the breath out of me.
Two guys riding with me, pulled me out. It took us about 15 minutes to get the bike out and another 30 minutes to get it started again. :D