PDA

View Full Version : Installed LG's GT2 Coil Over's on my 2004 Z06 (And Wrote Procedure)

Toque
02-06-2010, 4:39pm
Guys:

I spent the last week in my garage installing my new LG's GT2 Coil overs on my 2004 Z06. I had a blast figuring it out and learning something new. I felt as though there was a shortage of a good procedure to install them. So..... I wrote one. :D

I wrote a procedure on my web site:
Mark's 2004 Corvette Z06 (http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aae8/webpage.html)
Scroll down to bottom and click on "LG's GT2 Coil Over Install C5 Z06:"

Today was the first day I have driven the car. I still need to dial in the heights a little, but its close.

Initial Impressions:
1.) Body roll is gone in the turns. WOW, I was not expecting that, and it just made me smile. :D
2.) The car does not "bounce" over bumps like it used to. I had it slammed before on stock suspension. I'm at the same slammed height as I was before the install, and it drives even better than when it was at stock 4x4 height. :yesnod:
3.) Car feels much more connected to the road. Hard to describe in words.
4.) Goes over bumps a LOT easier. No drama like there was before.
5.) So easy to adjust vs stock.
6.) I have the front, and rear set to 9 (12 is stiffest setting). At 9 my car drives a LOT softer than it used to. Its just amazing ! I plan to play around with the settings to see what I like best.
7.) The car drives smoother in every aspect. Its hard to describe, but the car just does not feel as stiff as it used to. It feels more capable performance wise in every aspect. :yesnod:

As I drive it more I will post my impressions. I'm going to take my 5 yr old out for a cruise...... ;)

Hope the procedure above can be of some help to someone. :cheers:

Toque

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aae8/coilover/coilover02.jpg

Munch
02-06-2010, 5:22pm
Very sweet! I think GB was planning on a set of these as well. I wouldn't mind having a set but they are a wee bit out of my budget range.

Lowcash
02-06-2010, 6:18pm
Sneaks, McLeod and I helped put a set on WKMCD's Gentleman's Cruiser mid last year. Fun install and they really drop the car down. From Sneak's review he said the car handles like its on rails (once the front lugs on the front tires are properly secured). :rofl:

Z06Joe
02-09-2010, 2:50pm
Can't decide on these or the pfadt ones.

Sneaks
02-09-2010, 3:32pm
Sneaks, McLeod and I helped put a set on WKMCD's Gentleman's Cruiser mid last year. Fun install and they really drop the car down. From Sneak's review he said the car handles like its on rails (once the front lugs on the front tires are properly secured). :rofl:

Yeah that coulda been exciting as hell. :yesnod:
The ride is incredible with the coilovers. You wouldn't think a vette could ride softer, and handle better, but it does. Has to be felt to be believed.
:thumbs:

Sneaks
02-09-2010, 3:34pm
Can't decide on these or the pfadt ones.

I vote for the LG's brutha. Easier to adjust. :thumbs:

tomurphjr
02-10-2010, 8:14am
I have the Pfadt coilovers and love the way the car rides now! Don't think one can go wrong with either, but the LG's are way prettier!

chargedc5
02-11-2010, 12:52pm
Is there much price difference?