PDA

View Full Version : Old Grand Dad: Huntington grandpa drove drunk with kids on roof, police say

onedef92
07-14-2011, 8:00am
Huntington grandpa drove drunk with kids on roof, police say

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 5:42 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 12, 2011 5:42 PM EDT

HUNTINGTON, Texas (KTRE) - Huntington Police arrested a man Monday evening, accusing him of driving drunk through town with his two granddaughters on the roof of his SUV before threatening to "whip" a deputy for arresting him.

Huntington Police Chief Bobby Epperly Jr. said police received a call around 9:30 p.m. of a man driving a Toyota SUV on Main Street in Huntington with two girls on the roof. Epperly said the officer responded to the call and saw the girls on the roof of the car with their feet dangling on the sunroof.

"Apparently, they were coming back from Hanks Creek and he just told his granddaughters they could ride on the roof," Epperly said.

The officer arrested William Chambliss, 69, on a charge of child endangerment. He also found him to be intoxicated and charged him with driving while intoxicated with a child.

While the officer and an assisting Angelina County Sheriff's deputy were arresting him, Epperly said Chambliss told the deputy "he was going to whip him," when he got out of jail.

Epperly said the threat was enough to give him an additional charge of retaliation.

Epperly said both girls, who were Chambliss' grandchildren, are 13.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/smakawhat/Life_Ads/IMG_2302.jpg

onedef92
07-14-2011, 8:01am
Anyone ever sip Old Grand Dad Bourbon? That's some brutal shit, boy. Thus the inspiration for my headline.

Blademaker
07-14-2011, 8:03am
Anyone ever sip Old Grand Dad Bourbon? That's some brutal shit, boy. Thus the inspiration for my headline.

:yesnod: popskull likker

DJ_Critterus
07-14-2011, 8:23am
Well, the first day of school when each kid has to write aan essay about what they did over the summer should be interesting to say the leaast.

Yerf Dog
07-14-2011, 8:29am

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/yerf_dog//pics/smilies/jdcheers.gif