PDA

View Full Version : Possibly visiting Sparks Maryland for 8 weeks... What to do?

TexasBulldog
07-13-2011, 8:22pm
it would be between during September and October....

I haven't spent much time on the east coast so seeing some of early America and seeing the history of our nation and just being into photography with that kind of back drop could be interesting...

what else is around there and say a 2-3hr drive in any direction from there?

It would be for work so id only really have time during the weekends and after 5pm... so during the week id have to stay local.

suggestions?

shooting, photography, history, just driving... all of that really interests me and a whole lot more that im probably not thinking about.

Thanks

Datawiz
07-13-2011, 8:24pm
Drink with VatorTard! :beer:

TexasBulldog
07-13-2011, 8:25pm
Oh! College football will be in play during then! So for sure go see some games!

mikeg826
07-13-2011, 8:32pm
Only thing in Sparks is the ASHI training facility

Oh and if you own a gun,pack it :yesnod:

TexasBulldog
07-13-2011, 8:38pm
Maryland Vs. West Virginia

mrvette
07-13-2011, 9:25pm
IF you can swing it, Baltimore Inner Harbor is nice, National Aquarium is a MUST SEE, it's that really weird looking building on the shoreline with the KRAZY roof......weekend AM is best....

the rest of the joint is good....but not outstanding....

NOW, IF you can swing a 2 hr drive and a day++ maybe overnight....try to hit Wash DC and the Memorials, and ARLINGTON Nat. Cemetery....

then see what you can of the rest of the joint....now a hour ++ outside DC into the Va. country side you can find IAD....Dulles airport.....AND the main attraction there is the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.....

SR71 Blackbird, and a Space Shuttle among another week's work of walking and reading.....

the rest of the joint is not so well spoken by me because it's SO old hat....

WH, Cap Hill, SC, LC, National Cathedral....Georgetown, ....the MALL...with reflecting pool,

have FUN.....

:cheers:

TexasBulldog
07-13-2011, 9:34pm
Oooo.... SR71 and the Space Shuttle!

I could for sure swing a weekend down there for that

LATB
07-13-2011, 9:48pm
I almost moved to Sparks back in the 1980's when I still lived in B'more.

Nice area in north Balto county.

Uri
07-13-2011, 11:32pm
There are no guns in Maryland.........well.......the drug dealers have them in B-Mo & related "urban" areas...

Stay out of P.G. County if possible. :rofl:

mrvette
07-14-2011, 4:54am
Oooo.... SR71 and the Space Shuttle!

I could for sure swing a weekend down there for that

It's a freeking blowout place.....any guy with ANY tech savvy at all will have a super great time there....from Sparks, you maybe make in 1.5 hours driving...you will find the DC beltway, I 495, the most agonizing of the trip...so early Sat AM

VatorMan
07-14-2011, 5:32am
I had to actually Google where Sparks is. :lol: BTW- You are near York and the Harley Davidson factory if you were so inclined. Baltimore Inner Harbor as previously mentioned,The Orioles suck, but Camden Yards is pretty nice if you can catch a game.
Baltimore Grand Prix (ALMS) is September 2-4th if you here then. Wife and I will be there Friday/Saturday.
You are a pretty easy trip to Gettysburg and that historical area. Plus there's always terrorizing the Amish near Lancaster.
Go have your picture taken by the Intercourse city sign. Then a pic by Blue Ball city sign.

dwjz06
07-14-2011, 6:30am
There are no guns in Maryland.........well.......the drug dealers have them in B-Mo & related "urban" areas...

Stay out of P.G. County if possible. :rofl:
Na he will be ok. He is packing his guns along for the trip:D:lol::cheers: