PDA

View Full Version : skydiving today

wicked_c6
07-13-2011, 10:59am
I've repelled out of heli's in the military. Drove a tank for 6 years... And have raced drag and auto cross. Some how I think this is going to be much worse. :)

Wish me luck... Hopefully I won't end up as a red rohrshack blot on a cornfield somewhere.

14k ft tandem dive...

VatorMan
07-13-2011, 11:00am
Post pics or vid

Yerf Dog
07-13-2011, 11:01am
You'll love it! :cool1:

Uncle Pervey
07-13-2011, 11:19am
You'll puke :puke:

You'll shit yourself! :chitfan:

Post pics or vid of you shitting yourself and puking

There fix's for ya'll! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

snide
07-13-2011, 11:33am
Jumping out of perfectly good airplanes is a blast. After you stop screaming like a little bitch, you'll have a great time!

:cheers:

wicked_c6
07-13-2011, 12:35pm
Post pics or vid

I will...I paid an extra hundie to get the dvd picture package :)

MEC5LADY
07-13-2011, 12:38pm
I am so going to do that one of these days. Hell I may even chip in and pay for the package including the parachute.

wicked_c6
07-13-2011, 12:47pm
I am so going to do that one of these days. Hell I may even chip in and pay for the package including the parachute.

:rofl: meh...I figure if I don't make it - at least I don't have to worry about a house or car payment anymore.

Omega Man
07-13-2011, 2:29pm
It is a blast. I have never made a tandem jump and I would not ever make one.

When I was skydiving, I went to a place that taught the AFF (Accelerated Free all) course.

There was no way I would rely on someone else.

Most dangerous thing about sky diving is the plane ride. 2nd most dangerous is the potential for collision with other jumpers nearing the DZ.

It is relatively safe sport.

MEC5LADY
07-13-2011, 3:48pm
Unless you survive and end up like Mr. Reeve. :leaving:

IMHO, I would say falling from the type of heights needed for skydiving you will get more than just a broken neck and spinal cord like Christopher Reeves.

Flatbush Harry
07-13-2011, 5:50pm

I have two more take-offs than landings and one parachute jump in my logbook. I argued with the Flying Evaluation Board that, since I was able to walk away from the jump and the later "rough" landing, they should be considered "landings, but no, they told me some silly shit about needing to return the airplane in re-usable condition to qualify as a landing.

:beer:

2Lt Flatbush "Wrong Way" Harry, USAFR (ret)

Olustee bus
07-14-2011, 3:21am
Dayam Harry, sounds like you "joebucked" a military plane!

PortDawg
07-14-2011, 5:08am
I have two more take-offs than landings and one parachute jump in my logbook. I argued with the Flying Evaluation Board that, since I was able to walk away from the jump and the later "rough" landing, they should be considered "landings, but no, they told me some silly shit about needing to return the airplane in re-usable condition to qualify as a landing.

:beer:

2Lt Flatbush "Wrong Way" Harry, USAFR (ret)

What were you flying/crashing?

jaxgator
07-14-2011, 7:11am
Well, I see you're online so you must have made a safe landing. How was it? Where's the video?