PDA

View Full Version : [STEELERS] James Harrions is a giant ball of f**k

C5SilverBullet
07-13-2011, 10:37am
NEW YORK -- Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in an interview with Men's Journal.

He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in the Super Bowl loss.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

Harrison told ESPN that the interview took place "in April or May sometime."

If the Steelers had defeated the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.

And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

C5SilverBullet
07-13-2011, 10:38am
What a f'king asshole. Don't like getting fined? STOP CHEAP SHOTTING PEOPLE.

repo
07-13-2011, 10:39am
If he wasnt playing football he would be lucky to be on the back of a garbage truck. Fuktard....

bsmith
07-13-2011, 10:39am
countdown 'til Steelers fans are defending him...

mikeg826
07-13-2011, 10:40am
Speaking of football stars and magazine articles......

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/7a/7aeb9bc81aaab8c0ce60c49c40e5dafe/michael_irvin_is_on_the_cover_of_out_magazine.jpg

VatorMan
07-13-2011, 10:44am
Guess Black quarterbacks should learn to run faster or something.

NB2K
07-13-2011, 10:47am
Well, Drew is waaay smarter that Vince Young.:D

Z06David
07-13-2011, 10:49am
what a crybaby

C5SilverBullet
07-13-2011, 10:50am
If he hates his boss so much, quit.

I'm really interested to see how the Rooney family is going to handle this. They typically don't put up with bull shit, and this is bull shit to the max.

NB2K
07-13-2011, 10:50am
countdown 'til Steelers fans are defending him...

Best make it in nanoseconds.

C5SilverBullet
07-13-2011, 10:52am
Talking shit about your teammates to the press is the highest form of cowardliness. I hope Big Ben rapes him.

bsmith
07-13-2011, 10:55am
Talking shit about your teammates to the press is the highest form of cowardliness. I hope Big Ben rapes him.

[steelers fan] he was never charged!!!!![/steelers fan]

VatorMan
07-13-2011, 10:56am

[steelers fan] he was never charged!!!!![/steelers fan]

Give Ben a case of beer and it's on !! :lol::lol:

NEVRL8T
07-13-2011, 11:31am
What a f'king asshole. Don't like getting fined? STOP CHEAP SHOTTING PEOPLE.

Looked like legal hits to me. BTW, be sure to include me in yuour fantasy football again this year, please.

onedef92
07-13-2011, 11:33am
What is this? An episode of The Game and shit? :confused:

NEVRL8T
07-13-2011, 11:34am

I'm really interested to see how the Rooney family is going to handle this. They typically don't put up with bull shit, and this is bull shit to the max.

They put up with the Pittscocaineburgh Steelers of the '70's. They will put up with it. They are a blue collar team, who lived on defense and hard hits for decades. They like his style of play. Its football, the old fashioned way. Hard-nosed.

C5SilverBullet
07-13-2011, 12:09pm
BTW, be sure to include me in yuour fantasy football again this year, please.

Just sent out the invites to last years members.

VatorMan
07-13-2011, 2:56pm
Just sent out the invites to last years members.

Why don't we see if there is football yet ? :lol:

iceburgh
07-13-2011, 5:48pm

For now they cant do a damn thing about it and he knows it.
As far as the cheap shots....yep but at the same time there are cheap shots in most gmes and they are not called onthe carpet as much as he has been.
This year will be worse after running his mouth

iceburgh
07-14-2011, 8:48pm
Like him or not whitlock makes sense on som e points

James Harrison's remarks on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell were over the top but understandable, Jason Whitlock says - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Whitlock-Pittsburgh-Steelers-James-Harrison-remarks-on-Roger-Goodell-over-the-top-but-understandable-071311)

VatorMan
07-14-2011, 8:56pm
Like him or not whitlock makes sense on som e points

James Harrison's remarks on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell were over the top but understandable, Jason Whitlock says - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Whitlock-Pittsburgh-Steelers-James-Harrison-remarks-on-Roger-Goodell-over-the-top-but-understandable-071311)

Black commentator agreeing with a black athelete VS. In His Own Words-The white devils.

Yea, I can understand why you Steeler fans would want to agree with this.