PDA

View Full Version : Patti LaBelle Incident, Part II

Norm
07-12-2011, 3:14pm
2 LaBelle Employees Charged in Cadet Beating Case
July 11, 2011
Houston Chronicle

Two people employed by singer Patti LaBelle have been charged with assault in a March 11 altercation with a West Point cadet at Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston police said Friday.

Efrem Holmes, 43, and Norma Harris, 63, are accused of punching and shoving Richard King, 23, in an incident that was captured on security video at the airport.

"They are not in custody at this time. We have open warrants out on them," said Victor Senties, a Houston police spokesman.

King said Holmes, a bodyguard, and Harris, the singer's personal assistant and hairdresser, assaulted him while he was talking on his cellphone in the terminal's passenger pickup area.

"Now that they have been formally charged, we have confidence that justice will be served," said John Raley, King's attorney.

A lawsuit filed in the case said King sustained a severe head injury, blood loss and deep cuts and bruises.

A representative for LaBelle could not be reached for comment.

Houston police, who later posed for pictures with the singer at the scene, said King smelled of alcohol. Raley said the cadet had a few alcoholic drinks on the flight to Houston but was not impaired.

After the episode, West Point suspended King, who was in his final year, and placed in a program that will require him to serve as an enlisted Soldier for at least a year before reapplying.

Raley said he could not comment "at this time" about any hopes that West Point officials will allow his client to return now that assault charges have been filed. Academy officials could not be reached Friday.

Although King filed a lawsuit against LaBelle, her entourage and an airport employee who notified West Point about the incident, his lawyer said he didn't believe the assault charges were connected to the suit or to publicity from the video.

"They have reviewed the evidence and reached their conclusions," Raley said.

An HPD investigation is continuing, officials said.

© Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved.

Z06David
07-12-2011, 3:27pm
That's good to see :hurray:

theriver
07-12-2011, 4:36pm
She's a POS entitled racist

once again the media is largely silent on this. Surprise!

Uri
07-12-2011, 4:53pm
She's a POS entitled racist

once again the media is largely silent on this. Surprise!

I don't see the racist part. However, most likely any black person in the news today will wear that moniker with you.

In any event I think some pre-trial confinement for the fat bitch on bread & water will satisfy my need for her to suffer..........

Kerrmudgeon
07-12-2011, 5:13pm
I think West Point really jumped the gun here, without doing a thorough investigation, and without waiting for charges to be laid. I hope he sues that over the hill diva for $tons$ for fecking up his life. :madwoman:

ft laud mike
07-12-2011, 5:23pm
The whole incident was a POS from the beginning.Why some LE put a "star" in front of "common citizens" pizzes me off, have witnessed it deveral times and stated my opinion. Was told to not worry about it
F em, one in all:cheers:

theriver
07-12-2011, 10:27pm
I don't see the racist part. However, most likely any black person in the news today will wear that moniker with you.

In any event I think some pre-trial confinement for the fat bitch on bread & water will satisfy my need for her to suffer..........

Her defense, of course, in this matter is her alleging that the cadet called her and her entourage "ni66ers"... out of the blue. I find that extremely difficult to believe. Then came the beatdown. The surveillance vid stands on it's own.

I call b.s. on her allegations and countersuit and call it like it is when anyone uses the race card. If she was any kind of person she would have apologized and suffered the $$ consequences. She couldn't give a shit about the future of this cadet.

I concur with your sentence :hurray::lol:

Blademaker
07-12-2011, 10:38pm
Hell, I thought she was dead......

Uri
07-12-2011, 11:21pm
Her defense, of course, in this matter is her alleging that the cadet called her and her entourage "ni66ers"... out of the blue. I find that extremely difficult to believe. Then came the beatdown. The surveillance vid stands on it's own.

I call b.s. on her allegations and countersuit and call it like it is when anyone uses the race card. If she was any kind of person she would have apologized and suffered the $$ consequences. She couldn't give a shit about the future of this cadet.

I concur with your sentence :hurray::lol:

:lol::iagree:

The only thing of color in the whole thing to me is the steel toe black boots I would use to stomp her & entorage into the ground.......

prospero63
07-12-2011, 11:26pm
I think West Point really jumped the gun here, without doing a thorough investigation, and without waiting for charges to be laid. I hope he sues that over the hill diva for $tons$ for fecking up his life. :madwoman:

Yup. This incident pretty much ruined his life. I'd make sure there are no estate issues she has to worry about by suing the shit out of her.

Z06David
07-13-2011, 6:53am
I hope they give her death by firing squad

Kuelblaz
07-13-2011, 7:35am
Unbelievable ... No wait, completely believable. Who knows what really caused the altercation, but I too find it hard to believe a cadet in his senior year could make such a comment even with provocation.
Take her and all her peeps down and lay waste to what's left if her now pathetic career.

onedef92
07-13-2011, 8:01am
You can't put a price on your good name. It's unfortunate LaBelle chose to taint her name and reputation permanently, but all actions have consequences.....

DJ_Critterus
07-13-2011, 8:16am
This story hit last week, but I hope the police catch the two thugs (hair dresser and body guard), make them bond out, and then hope the DA has his/her shit together to get a conviction.

I also hope that WEst Point apologizes to the former cadet and re-instates him. Granted, there was news out there that he had disciplinary problems int he past, but I hope his re-instatement isn't shit canned becasue of that and this incident if the two thugs are convicted.