PDA

View Full Version : I need a new phone

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 10:23am
and would like to hear some recommendations. I'd like to stay ATT because they have great overseas support.

I have an Iphone 3GS right now. Iphone 4 ? Wait for the 5 ? Or is there a better option. I'd like a smartphone that has good support and easy interface.

ConstantChange
07-11-2011, 10:25am
Damn it. I just made another "phone" thread about Andriod phones. I guess today is "I need a new phone" day here at The Barn.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 10:28am
Damn it. I just made another "phone" thread about Andriod phones. I guess today is "I need a new phone" day here at The Barn.

:lol:

Joecooool
07-11-2011, 10:36am
Why do you need a new phone. Is something wrong with the one you have?

Stangkiller
07-11-2011, 10:42am
Wat for the Iphone 5, it'll be out in a few months and worth the wait.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 10:46am
Why do you need a new phone. Is something wrong with the one you have?

No-Just being a typical American. :D

Low12s
07-11-2011, 10:55am
I am waiting on the iPhone 5, but am concerned over the iPhone's size. I currently have a Blackberry (works great for most everything, but sucks at the internet).

lander
07-11-2011, 11:02am
I am waiting on the iPhone 5, but am concerned over the iPhone's size. I currently have a Blackberry (works great for most everything, but sucks at the internet).

I read last week the 5 is supposed to be thinner and smaller than the current version.

I have a Torch and it's great for what I use it for...but I'm finding more and more where having an iPhone would help me out, so I'm going to make the jump when the 5 comes out.

lander
07-11-2011, 11:03am
Why does it matter?

He's a useless lib..he wants to tell him how and when he can spend his money.

Joecooool
07-11-2011, 11:07am
Why does it matter?Because if it was broke I was going to suggest buying a used iPhone 3 off Craigslist for about $50 and wait till the 5 came out.

Uncle Pervey
07-11-2011, 11:41am

I read last week the 5 is supposed to be thinner and smaller than the current version.

I have a Torch and it's great for what I use it for...but I'm finding more and more where having an iPhone would help me out, so I'm going to make the jump when the 5 comes out.

I have the Storm II, it is a good phone and some of the apps are pretty good, but the browser sucks balls. I have to keep it for at least the next two years because it is a company phone. Maybe by then the Android or iPhones will be on the "Corporate Approved" list. I really don't expect RIM to be a major player in another couple of years. They have to really up their game to compete with Android or iPhone. :yesnod:

lander
07-11-2011, 11:44am
I have the Storm II, it is a good phone and some of the apps are pretty good, but the browser sucks balls. I have to keep it for at least the next two years because it is a company phone. Maybe by then the Android or iPhones will be on the "Corporate Approved" list. I really don't expect RIM to be a major player in another couple of years. They have to really up their game to compete with Android or iPhone. :yesnod:

I think RIM will always be a player in the corporate/government world because of the security they offer and, hands down, for text communications they are the superior device. But in all other aspects of today's smart phones, the RIM offerings are sub par at best. The Storms were a fiasco for them, and hopefully they'll realize it's not where they should focus their efforts.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 12:27pm
Thanks ! Guess I'll wait for the 5. :dance: