PDA

View Full Version : Ps3-fear 3

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 5:47am
I gotta admit, the FEAR series has me hooked. It's scary as shit especially if you play at night in the dark. Lots of good gun play, and some seriously F'ed up Zombie like creatures.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ep7147N1stM/TZdky9LAuKI/AAAAAAAABfo/YGTjvVapkNA/s1600/wallpaper_fear_3_01_1600.jpg

Scissors
07-11-2011, 6:01am
I loved the scare factor and storyline, but the gameplay of #1 was so incredibly repetitive with the same few enemies over and over again that I didn't even both with #2.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 6:33am
I loved the scare factor and storyline, but the gameplay of #1 was so incredibly repetitive with the same few enemies over and over again that I didn't even both with #2.

FEAR 2 had great story line. I'm about half way through 3. They have really increased the difficulty.

Scissors
07-11-2011, 7:39am
Then I'm definitely out. I play the game for enjoyment, not frustration. I hate it when the "easy" setting on a game isn't actually easy--especially when it's one of those games where I'm in it for the story line.

bsmith
07-11-2011, 7:45am
hmmm...

Can you get the game on PSN?

Looks like it could be a good stress reliever.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 9:41am
hmmm...

Can you get the game on PSN?

Looks like it could be a good stress reliever.

If you have a good surround system-and your version of stress relief is to have the shit scared out of you, this game is it. :lol: One scene you are in a meat locker with a bunch of hanging beef and your flashlight goes out. You can guess the rest.

bsmith
07-11-2011, 9:54am
If you have a good surround system-and your version of stress relief is to have the shit scared out of you, this game is it. :lol: One scene you are in a meat locker with a bunch of hanging beef and your flashlight goes out. You can guess the rest.

I got hooked on the Resident Evil games when I was in school.

I remember playing late one night and my step-dad came in and told me that we were supposed to get some nasty storms and hail overnight and that I should put my car in the shed.
So I got up and drove my car out back and put it in the open front shed in the pitch dark. I got out and started walking towards the house and I could hear crunch crunch behind me. I stopped, and it stopped. A couple more steps and I heard it again.
I BOLTED for the house and about the time I got around the corner I realized that it was Bip, the horse that my parents rented a pasture to the owners. :rofl:

BondiBlue
07-11-2011, 9:56am
I got hooked on the Resident Evil games when I was in school.

I loved the first one on the original Playstation. Scared the crap out of me playing it late at night the first time when the zombie dogs busted through the glass in a narrow hallway near the beginning of the game.

Will
07-11-2011, 9:57am
I made it to level 2 I think in the first F.E.A.R. ?

Water tanks of some sort, then down a ladder, and nothing but pitch black tunnel ahead.

I ain't going down that tunnel man. :ohnoes:

Low12s
07-11-2011, 9:58am
Gonna have to check this one out!

bsmith
07-11-2011, 10:08am
I loved the first one on the original Playstation. Scared the crap out of me playing it late at night the first time when the zombie dogs busted through the glass in a narrow hallway near the beginning of the game.

Is that the part where those damn spider-like things are crawling on the ceiling?

I remember I had been playing a part where you could hear footsteps behind you and it spooked the shit out of me hearing that outside.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 10:15am
With surround sound you can hear them running up behind you. :rofl: You spin around and of course, the spider zombies are low and by the time you look down they are eating your face. :slap: I've actually jumped off the couch.:lol::lol: