PDA

View Full Version : F**k you, Microsoft.

Scissors
07-11-2011, 5:08am
Yeah, so I went to rent a movie through the XBox, as I've done several times before, and chose the download option because I hate it when the movie stops in the middle because bandwidth has narrowed. Only this time the movie's audio and video came out corrupted. I tried deleting and redownloading it three more times and got the same result each time. Only once did it make it through more than a minute before the corruption appeared.

I went through their troubleshooting steps to delete the license database, and all that did was instantly expire the movie. Awesome.

So I figured "no biggie, I'll just call them up and get a refund." Yeah, about that. Turns out that you only get one refund a year due to service failure. That's right. If the same thing happens to me again within the year (not sure if it's a calendar year or year-from-refund--didn't think to ask), I'm simply out the money and SOL.

Thanks, Microsoft. Way to f**k yourselves out of the money I would have spent in the future renting movies from your service. :dance:

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 5:44am
Well, I can't stream ESPN 3 on the PlayStation so F*ck you Sony.

Scissors
07-11-2011, 5:45am
Well, I can't stream ESPN 3 on the PlayStation so F*ck you Sony.

Well, we all knew Sony sucked when it was down for...what...months? Weeks? Whatever it was.

VatorMan
07-11-2011, 5:47am
Well, we all knew Sony sucked when it was down for...what...months? Weeks? Whatever it was.

They gave us 2 free 1990's games for that. :lol:

Scissors
07-11-2011, 5:52am

Speaking of free games, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the original "American McGee's Alice" came free with the purchase of "Alice: Madness Returns"

Awesome game, by the way.

YouTube - ‪Alice: Madness Returns - Launch Trailer‬‏

SubZero
07-11-2011, 7:21am
is GT5 on the $19.95 greatest hits yet? :leaving:

DropTheTop
07-11-2011, 7:30am
For the record, I'll take a small network blackout (due to asshole hackers, btw) then having to keep a towel handy, or sending the unit back and forth to be fixed.

No problems with Netflix and my PS3. :D

Mike Mercury
07-11-2011, 7:45am
http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/1999-06-07.gif

boracayjohnny
07-11-2011, 7:58am
Microsoft update downloaded IE9, now I can't get to my bank to do things like pay bills. Way to go msft, the fawking customer service should be known as fawking customer no service. Douchebags. Btw, I'll get to work on figuring out something better than your IE9. Maybe I might even buy an Apple. :kick:

mrvette
07-11-2011, 8:14am
MSFT is 1/2 was friendly compared to that usless Spam driven Yahoo tool bar stuck on my screen because I signed on with ATT DSL......I"m pissed....can't find a way to get it off there....

the thing is about 5/8" tall on my 19" monitor....

and too boot, it's changed configurations due to some 'update' it does, and I can't find a way to kill the SOB....

:beat::shots:

prospero63
07-11-2011, 8:19am
xbox hates black people.

mikeg826
07-11-2011, 8:21am

:cheers: I'm enjoying my two free games, I remember they gave you 3 90's movies for streaming over a weekend.

I've had no trouble with my PS3 and Vudu for watching movies :waiting:

Joecooool
07-11-2011, 8:22am
MSFT is 1/2 was friendly compared to that usless Spam driven Yahoo tool bar stuck on my screen because I signed on with ATT DSL......I"m pissed....can't find a way to get it off there....

the thing is about 5/8" tall on my 19" monitor....

and too boot, it's changed configurations due to some 'update' it does, and I can't find a way to kill the SOB....

:beat::shots:Go to your control panel then add/remove programs and delete it.

Scissors
07-11-2011, 8:26am
xbox hates black people.
This is true.

mrvette
07-11-2011, 8:31am
What browser is the toolbar installed?

What OS are you using?

Win 7 , 3 gig dual processor Dell, FFox browser....

NOW it looks like it's part of the addy window, in that the light blu background field is the same all around the addy box...where httpwww BS is located....that slot is white,

the yahoo thing says most visited, getting started, latest headlines then their irritation that purple Y! and a box to search in....I have a white slot to the right of the addy box, with mulitple search engine in a drop down box....so why is Y! so important they take up my screen like that!!:beat::cheers:

mrvette
07-11-2011, 8:33am
Go to your control panel then add/remove programs and delete it.

Tried that man, looked under ATT, and found something that maybe was it, and there is NO diff in the operation of the machine....

I cold booted too....

:dance::confused5: