PDA

View Full Version : Potential Ratpack Peninsula Event, Gaging Interest

YorkL8apex
01-27-2010, 8:32pm
I'm thinking of doing a kind of Rally Event to have fun and raise money for the Peninsula Habitat for Humanity.

It would be a driver and navigator style event that is NOT A STREET RACE but more of a tour of the peninsula while trying to follow "simple" directions and solve a few puzzles/riddles.

It would be timed and penalties would be added to your time for wrong answers, usually indicating you were lost or could not follow "simple" directions!

Cost would be minimal ($20?) and we'd end at a watering hole/resturant to ahnd out a few gag gifts and tell lies about how well you did or how lost you got.

Thinking early March when the weather is a bit more stable.

Post up if you have an interest in something like this.:willy::willy:

Lowcash
01-27-2010, 8:45pm
Great idea. :yesnod:

I was looking at doing something similar for the Gloucester Red Cross in April. I would love to do a cruise, but I'll be away on business in March.

:thumbs:

Eagleeye
01-27-2010, 9:34pm
SOLD ! Yorktown Battlefields would be a great locale....

Munch
01-27-2010, 9:46pm
I always wanted to do one of these but never got the chance. Count me in! I'd be more than willing to help as well if you needed any.

I should probably know this but where is the peninsula?

Cobra4B
01-27-2010, 10:05pm
Interested :beer:

GB Vette
01-27-2010, 10:31pm
I should probably know this but where is the peninsula?

Hampton/Newport News...

Mine will probably be in pieces at that time :D

zz4vetteguy
01-27-2010, 11:36pm
Sounds cool, I am in depending on the date...although I have no friends so I don't have a navigator. :willy:

Vet4jdc
01-28-2010, 7:39am
Tony...I'm in. Let me know how I can help?

:beer:

Lowcash
01-28-2010, 7:57am
Hampton/Newport News...

Mine will probably be in pieces at that time :D

I figured that, the expiration date on the panels have almost hit their 6 month mark. They all need to be removed and re-hung. :lolsmile:

leec4ce
01-28-2010, 8:30am
:awesome: Count me in

thegreenman
01-28-2010, 10:46am
I get lost with my NAV, I guess I will be buying the first round. :cheers:

zz4vetteguy
01-28-2010, 1:05pm
I get lost with my NAV, I guess I will be buying the first round. :cheers:

We should make this a team event...LOL

Eagleeye
01-28-2010, 3:46pm
I did the Fredericksburg Battlefields one last year...Local Radio station joined in and had lunch provided by local Dealership. Got a police escourt out of town in groups of 12 or so cars to start the event. Had a blast !!! Ended up with a little awards show and a mini auto cross...Women on their backs on auto creepers going through cones pushing with their feet !!! Next, the teens there did RC vetts throuth the cones.

4dschvy
01-28-2010, 8:45pm
Tony...I'm in. Let me know how I can help?

:beer:

Me too!

YorkL8apex
01-28-2010, 9:30pm
WOW nice response guys! :flag:

I'll start working out the course and the details and pick a date. THanks Guys!!!!!!:metal:

Munch
01-28-2010, 10:06pm
Ooops, umm posted in wrong thread.

tomurphjr
01-29-2010, 7:26am
This sounds very fun Tony! Count me in as well!

Shrek
01-29-2010, 9:21am
Great idea Tony! You may want to add a charity boxing match to final destination.

For those of you that team up with your spouse to navigate, go ahead and sign up for the boxing match at the finish.:beat: Or you could look at it as an oppertunity for some great make up sex later on.

Just kidding!! Looks like fun! :D

Vet4jdc
01-29-2010, 1:09pm
Great idea Tony! You may want to add a charity boxing match to final destination.

For those of you that team up with your spouse to navigate, go ahead and sign up for the boxing match at the finish.:beat: Or you could look at it as an oppertunity for some great make up sex later on.

Just kidding!! Looks like fun! :D

If my wife is my navigator...she won't be with me by the time we reach the final destination? :D

(we've done this before)

PortDawg
01-29-2010, 4:12pm
I'm in...

MDD LT1
02-02-2010, 6:41pm
i'm interested. :drivingskid:

Z51 Silver Surfer
02-02-2010, 6:50pm
Got me interested if I am in town

thegreenman
02-02-2010, 6:55pm
Got me interested if I am in town

Don't make excuses, you are just up the road a bit. :lol:

What have you been up to?

Z51 Silver Surfer
02-02-2010, 7:04pm
You are right I am up the road a bit. But I have not been home much. Been out to the West Coast then i was in Germany for a couple of weeks and now im getting ready to go down to N.C. for a couple of weeks. So basically to sum it all up I have been working my you know what off!! Hopefully I will not be doing anything and I am trying to make plans on going to Sebring this year but that is still up in the air.

How have you been?

thegreenman
02-02-2010, 7:23pm
You are right I am up the road a bit. But I have not been home much. Been out to the West Coast then i was in Germany for a couple of weeks and now im getting ready to go down to N.C. for a couple of weeks. So basically to sum it all up I have been working my you know what off!! Hopefully I will not be doing anything and I am trying to make plans on going to Sebring this year but that is still up in the air.

How have you been?

Been busy too, this time of year I don't mind so much, can't wait until Vette season starts. Next month we are moving to a new building with a major system upgrades after the move, that could kill my summer. I am hoping I can at least get Apr 10th off for Vettes at Waterside.

Have fun at your Camp L vacation. :cheers:

Z51 Silver Surfer
02-02-2010, 7:32pm
[QUOTE=thegreenman;22092]Been busy too, this time of year I don't mind so much, can't wait until Vette season starts. Next month we are moving to a new building with a major system upgrades after the move, that could kill my summer. I am hoping I can at least get Apr 10th off for Vettes at Waterside.

Have fun at your Camp L vacation. :cheers:[/QUM

I am also hoping that I have the 10th of April off as well. Hell I dont even know if i will be in the country.

Im actually going to have a Fort Bragg vacation. Either way im not looking forward to being down there. Only for 2 weeks!!! :cheers:

thegreenman
02-02-2010, 9:07pm
[QUOTE=thegreenman;22092]Been busy too, this time of year I don't mind so much, can't wait until Vette season starts. Next month we are moving to a new building with a major system upgrades after the move, that could kill my summer. I am hoping I can at least get Apr 10th off for Vettes at Waterside.

Have fun at your Camp L vacation. :cheers:[/QUM

I am also hoping that I have the 10th of April off as well. Hell I dont even know if i will be in the country.

Im actually going to have a Fort Bragg vacation. Either way im not looking forward to being down there. Only for 2 weeks!!! :cheers:

Two weeks closer to filing the retirement papers, have a good time. :beer:

wayneinvirginia
02-04-2010, 8:19pm
They had an event like this at Ocean City, MD last year. We had a great time working out the clues.

Depending on when and the weather we would possibly be interested.

YorkL8apex
02-06-2010, 5:47pm
I have not had much of a chance to do much driving around with the weather last weekend and this one. I'll post up some dates next weeka nd see if we can get this thing scheduled.

Right now it looks like the first or last weekend in March work best for me.

thegreenman
02-06-2010, 5:57pm
I hope I can make it, looks like March and April will be busy for me with our building move happening.

YorkL8apex
02-22-2010, 7:47pm
OK thinking about doing this on Saturday March 13 or Sunday March 14. Chime in with questions and day that would work best for you. Listed below are some details (still being worked so feel free to ask questions)

- Cost probably $20 (all will go to Habitat for Humanity, Peninsula Chapter)
- Start time 1:00 pm, plan on about a 2 hour tour
- Start location Ferguson Enterprises Parking lot on Jefferson just off I-64
- General route through back roads to Yorktown, across the Colonial Parkway to the Jamestown area, run some back roads west of Williamsburg.
- End at a restaurant/bar in the Williamsburg area for gag prizes and rally stories :beer:

- General format, directions WITHOUT street names requiring you to observe things on the route, count different things like fire stations, 7-11's, fire hydrants, landmarks, and/or answer word puzzles to know where to turn, etc.
- Timed event with penalties for not answering questions about the route but obeying traffic laws is HIGHLY recommended
- A driver and navigator is required, its not possible to drive safely and do all the things required of a navigator.

Cobra4B
02-22-2010, 9:08pm
Im very much interested! Would prefer Sunday as I could have the GF navigate. She normally works Saturdays.

thegreenman
02-22-2010, 9:37pm
If I can get the parts to fix my P/S leak I will join in.

YorkL8apex
02-22-2010, 10:02pm
Im very much interested! Would prefer Sunday as I could have the GF navigate. She normally works Saturdays.

Keep posting preferred day. Sat or Sun both work for me:o_o:

zz4vetteguy
02-22-2010, 11:08pm
I posted in the other thread, but if I can find a navigator, Saturday would be better for me, I have rehearsals on Sundays.

Eagleeye
02-23-2010, 2:14pm
Don't get out of church in time to meet on Sundays....prefer sat.

leec4ce
02-24-2010, 8:10am
Damn!

I will be up at FoW working at thier event on March 13:explode:

2ez 2spd
02-24-2010, 8:52pm
This sounds like fun I'm interested in this I will bring this up with my wife or one of my sons for the navigator. If I did do it Sat or Sun would not matter to me.

zz4vetteguy
02-25-2010, 7:06pm
Damn!

I will be up at FoW working at thier event on March 13:explode:

Working an event at Ferrari of Washington....oh, poor you. :rofl:

Do they still share a showroom with Maserati of Washington? and a complex with Lambo of Washington?

Better yet, if I don't have a navigator, need some help? :leaving:

leec4ce
02-26-2010, 8:00am
Yes they still share:grouphug:

tomurphjr
02-26-2010, 8:02am
Count me in.