PDA

View Full Version : Painted front license surround came in...

Cobra4B
01-21-2010, 9:44pm
Ordered from MidAmerica, but the part is indeed from Kewl as there was product documentation in the package from them. The paint match is 100% spot on and it's good quality. Any perceived color variation in the pics is from fresh clear against 7 year old clear w/ a few swirls. There was some marring on the very front center, but paint cleaner took care of it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/2003%20Corvette%20Convertible/DSCF3766.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/2003%20Corvette%20Convertible/DSCF3767.jpg

Also installed the hood seal that came with the Halltech Venom I bought awhile back.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/cvbowers/2003%20Corvette%20Convertible/DSCF3768.jpg

:cheers:

DropTheTop
01-21-2010, 9:53pm
Lookin' good Brian - I like mine too. :cheers:

Munch
01-21-2010, 10:49pm
Looks good, congrats! I have the same deal except it's the bestest color (Yellow) and I think they are the best solution I have seen.

Vet4jdc
01-22-2010, 7:34am
License plate frame?

Hood seal?

Come on Brian, you said you weren't going to Mod this car? :D

razor2430
01-22-2010, 7:41am
Very nice Brain it hard not to do anything to them....:willy:

Cobra4B
01-22-2010, 10:03am
License plate frame?

Hood seal?

Come on Brian, you said you weren't going to Mod this car? :D
Haha... very serious mods. Car feels way faster w/ the performance hood seal installed ;) Car is getting the halltech off my Z06 and the Corsa Extremes I purchased for the Z but never installed. OTher than that's also getting the gauge bezels and C6Z shifter out of the Z.

Very nice Brain it hard not to do anything to them....:willy:
Yep... have to do some mile customizations here and there :yesnod:

DropTheTop
01-22-2010, 11:40am
This is a tad off topic, but why the switch to a Vert, anyhow? I have been thinking about a switch from my Vert to a Z06, strictly for performance reasons. I do however, think I'd miss dropping the top immensely. I'm curious your decision to switch from a higher performance car that you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in, and actually added the open air experience. :waiting:

Cobra4B
01-22-2010, 12:38pm
This is a tad off topic, but why the switch to a Vert, anyhow? I have been thinking about a switch from my Vert to a Z06, strictly for performance reasons. I do however, think I'd miss dropping the top immensely. I'm curious your decision to switch from a higher performance car that you have a lot of blood, sweat and tears in, and actually added the open air experience. :waiting:
I'm tired of yellow... so I decided I would re-do the Z06 as a Grand Sport... admiral blue w/ a white center stripe, red guts, and full polished CCW Classics. Then I started totalling it all up and that would cost $13k.

My Z06 "needed" new headers as I sold off my Kooks in early 2009 when I was going to sell it and get a C6vert. Also I sold my CCWs so it "needed" new CCWs etc. etc.

Most of the mods I've done to my car were for HPDE use. Now that I have access to the Panoz race car I don't need a trackable Corvette. The Z06's increased performance is only usable on a race track... period.

So for the kind of driving I do in a Corvette the vert was/is the better option. I will be able to get nearly enough to pay for the cost of the vert by parting out some Z06 mods then selling the car whole. Sure I pissed away a bunch of money on the targa/repaint, but at the end of the day I've had the car for 7 years and am ready for something new.

I had considered a Viper and Porsche, but C5s fit me better (I'm 6'4" 235) and they're cheaper (to buy, own, insure, maintain, and mod), and I know the cars so well.

I really enjoy top down driving... I like the Z06 targa and it's very unique, but at the end of the day I still wanted a vert.

DropTheTop
01-22-2010, 1:25pm
I understand what you're saying about the track, but I made the mistake of driving my BIL's '03 Z06, and it really left an impression on me. The ride just felt better, great acceleration, we have the same B&B Bullets - but his sounds so much meaner, etc. . . I'm just not sure it pays to mod what I have to get closer to a Z06, or just unload and start over. :willy:

Unfortunately I settled for an A4 when I was searching out my car, so I'm afraid putting in 3:42 gears will make hwy driving suck, and 3:15's won't be worth all the trouble. Then there's the motor, not to mention I really want a manual trans - and there's NO WAY I'm going through the swap process. I don't know - part of me says just hold out and wait for a used C6 GS. :willy: :D

Cobra4B
01-22-2010, 2:35pm
Ahhh.... it's not so much the power, but the gearing/suspension. The Z06s MN12 gearbox is equivalent to sticking 3.90s in a standard MN6 and both are years ahead of an auto in terms of street fun and acceleration feel etc.

I would say just mod your vert, but if you want a stick then I'd sell and get a stick. A few companies like RPMtransmissions do the swaps though.

With a car like I have now I could put Z06 suspension pieces on it, LS6 heads/cam, Z06 wheels/tires and 3.90 gears and effectively have a Z06 vert.