PDA

View Full Version : Center console power port inop... fuse?

Cobra4B
01-18-2010, 6:30pm
Noticed the center console power port doesn't work today. For reference the cig lighter one works fine. Also, I pulled up the trim panel that houses the TC/AH button and pass. airbag light and checked all connections. The TC/AH button works properly and the pass. airbag light works as intended.

I'm too lazy to go pull up the carpet and start messing w/ fuses... anyone have a fuse list or know if the power port is on it's own fused circuit? The plug connector looked fine and none of the terminals were bent or bunt at all.

Thanks,

Brian

EDIT: Times like these I wish I wasn't perma-banned from CF

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2172996-fuse-and-location-for-12v-accessory-port-in-the-c5.html

I'm posting this because it was way too hard to find the fuse location of the power outlet in the the center console, even after searching the Forum. Also, the GM shop manuals do an extremely poor job of helping you find this as well.

The fuse location for the 12V "Cigar Lighter/Accessory port" in the center console is in the interior fuse panel on the passenger side floor under the mat. Once you find this, it is still far from obvious which fuse it is. To save the next guy some trouble, the exact fuse is fuse #1 "CNSLCIG", which actually stands for Console Cigar Lighter Lighter.

MadDog

GB Vette
01-18-2010, 6:49pm
I guess you don't need this now :D

Y2Kvert4me
01-18-2010, 6:51pm
Yes, it is it's own circuit (20a fuse #1). Nothing else on that fuse.

The lighter in the ashtray is 20a fuse #7.

:cheers:

Cobra4B
01-18-2010, 10:05pm
Fuse was clearly blown... easy fix :)

Thanks Gary I'm going to save that.

DropTheTop
01-18-2010, 10:52pm
Noticed the center console power port doesn't work today. For reference the cig lighter one works fine. Also, I pulled up the trim panel that houses the TC/AH button and pass. airbag light and checked all connections. The TC/AH button works properly and the pass. airbag light works as intended.

I'm too lazy to go pull up the carpet and start messing w/ fuses... anyone have a fuse list or know if the power port is on it's own fused circuit? The plug connector looked fine and none of the terminals were bent or bunt at all.

Thanks,

Brian

EDIT: Times like these I wish I wasn't perma-banned from CF

Fuse # and Location for 12V accessory port in the C5 - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2172996-fuse-and-location-for-12v-accessory-port-in-the-c5.html)

Sweet! Mine doesn't work either, and I never bothered to track it down.
Thanks guys. :cheers: