PDA

View Full Version : Pfadt Inverted Shocks

Lowcash
01-17-2010, 6:35pm
I ordered a set of Pfadt Inverted Adjustable Shocks from Chip (CCA) as my X-mas present. I was a little bored this afternoon so I started to install them. I got the passenger side front installed in about a hour. I'm waiting for the PB Blaster to soak in on the drivers side before I try to break that top shock nut loose.

Front install .. before and after.

Bling Bling:
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn357/l0wcash/car_stuff/DSC04505.jpg

Before:
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn357/l0wcash/car_stuff/DSC04503.jpg

Installed
http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn357/l0wcash/car_stuff/DSC04511.jpg

WKMCD
01-17-2010, 6:37pm
SUWEET!!!!!

But I think it's upside down. :)

Lowcash
01-17-2010, 7:18pm
SUWEET!!!!!

But I think it's upside down. :)

:willy: Believe me I double and triple checked.

Lowcash
01-17-2010, 8:26pm
Front driver side complete. Will work on the rear set tomorrow. :yesnod:

Sneaks
01-18-2010, 9:35am
Looking good Sean! :thumbs:

Lowcash
01-18-2010, 4:21pm
All 4 corners done and set to 6 clicks. Will take it out tomorrow afternoon to settle it back down then schedule an alignment later this week or next.

I'm glad I worked on Kevin's shocks last year. It really pays off knowing what needs to be taken apart and what doesn't. :willy:

Sneaks
01-18-2010, 5:24pm
If you didn't drop the spindle, you don't need to have it aligned again. Unless it was needing it before.
Make sure you tell us how she handles now. :thumbs:

Lowcash
01-18-2010, 6:03pm
If you didn't drop the spindle, you don't need to have it aligned again. Unless it was needing it before.
Make sure you tell us how she handles now. :thumbs:

I dropped the upper control arms.

I don't think I've ever had the car aligned. I also turned down the rear bolts (front bolts didn't want to play nice after soaking in PB Blaster), so I figure why not get it aligned to Pfadt street specs.

WKMCD
01-18-2010, 6:07pm
All 4 corners done and set to 6 clicks. Will take it out tomorrow afternoon to settle it back down then schedule an alignment later this week or next.

I'm glad I worked on Kevin's shocks last year. It really pays off knowing what needs to be taken apart and what doesn't. :willy:

Sounds great. I'm really interested in your impressions. I'm sure they'll be solid.

BTW: If you're thinking of washing/polishing/sealing/waxing your car and want to practice on mine - I'll make the sacrifice. :rofl:

Lowcash
01-18-2010, 7:36pm
Sounds great. I'm really interested in your impressions. I'm sure they'll be solid.

BTW: If you're thinking of washing/polishing/sealing/waxing your car and want to practice on mine - I'll make the sacrifice. :rofl:

After looking at my front yesterday I should probably get them replaced this summer.

Always willing to be the 'test rat'. :rofl: Well, that guy down south with the 'ol black car' :thumbs: did an AWESOME job wetsanding and polishing my car. All I have to do is white pad its once every 2 weeks to get the towel streaks out. :yesnod:

BTW: I cleaned the wheel wells and polished the rims while the car was on jackstands. ~30 minutes per rim makes a big difference!

Willfulone
01-18-2010, 11:18pm
Look'n good Sean :cheers:

How's the carpet coming:o_o:

Peace
Chip

Lowcash
01-19-2010, 10:11am
Look'n good Sean :cheers:

How's the carpet coming:o_o:

Peace
Chip