PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite pork tenderloin recipe?

Kerrmudgeon
05-28-2011, 12:41pm
Thought I'd post this question for future reference. Thanks.:D

http://s7.tinypic.com/2qisj0j_th.jpg

Punk Boy
06-02-2011, 2:15am
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
rosemary
garlic

cook

RonC5
06-02-2011, 6:51pm
ib4rotorheadtellsmeIdoitwrong

I use my standard rub (salt, sugar, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayanne pepper), sprinkle a moderate amount all over the tenderloin, let sit in the fridge over night, let it rest coming to room temperture, then in the smoker for around 3 hours @ 220 degrees. Baste with apple juice every 30-45 minutes.

kingpin
06-03-2011, 1:15am
I've never made one but I think I would wrap it in some bacon and put it on indirect heat until it's cooked to your liking.

Nothing wrong with pork wrapped in pork if you ask me. :cheers:

Kerrmudgeon
06-05-2011, 1:24am
Lately, I rub them with crushed fresh garlic, olive oil, and lemon, and white pepper, let them sit overnight in the fridge, and cook them on all side on the Q with mesquite chips thrown on to the permanrocks. Medium heat.

Kinda gets a Greek Cowboy thing happening, hahaha!:D

This cut of meat is among my favourite cuts , and I cook it differently depending on my mood that day. They always turn out delicious anyway you do it. As long as you don't overcook and dry it out.:cheers:

Bucwheat
06-09-2011, 11:49am
I just soak it in Italian dressing and garlic salt for 3 days.Then grill it.

GRN ENVY
06-09-2011, 4:49pm
ib4rotorheadtellsmeIdoitwrong

I use my standard rub (salt, sugar, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayanne pepper), sprinkle a moderate amount all over the tenderloin, let sit in the fridge over night, let it rest coming to room temperture, then in the smoker for around 3 hours @ 220 degrees. Baste with apple juice every 30-45 minutes.

I have had BBQ all over the place, as in multiple states. I have yet to find a BBQ restaurant to compare to my dad's BBQ, I am not just saying that. Went to a place here in orlando that has had best BBQ for a few years running. I was dissappointed. Don't get me wrong it was good BBQ but nothing campared to my dads.

Z06David
06-13-2011, 8:27am
I may plan to smoke one this weekend, I'm hungry for one now

DropTheTop
06-13-2011, 2:48pm
I call it Pork Paradise, my butcher calls it The Heart Attack.

Start with 2-piece whole pork tenderloin. Lay in 2 pieces of mild or hot sausage (full length). Season / rub as desired. Wrap with thick cut pepper bacon, and tie up neatly. Season as desired.

If baking in oven, lay in roasting rack and bake at 350 until internal temp is 175. Remove from heat, wrap in foil and let it rest while temp reached 180.

If grilling, I recommend lightly coating in olive oil and shoving a spit through it, and spin that puppy until it's 175 on the inside. I use a drip pan, and then 2 rows of coals indirect. I also lower the chimney and add smoke in the beginning with the side smoker. I like to keep the box going for prolonged indirect heat, which helps keep temps up without charring the bacon.

Either way you cook it, it's sure to be a crowd pleaser! :cheers:

JRD77VET
07-03-2011, 8:39pm
I call it Pork Paradise, my butcher calls it The Heart Attack.

Start with 2-piece whole pork tenderloin. Lay in 2 pieces of mild or hot sausage (full length). Season / rub as desired. Wrap with thick cut pepper bacon, and tie up neatly. Season as desired.

If baking in oven, lay in roasting rack and bake at 350 until internal temp is 175. Remove from heat, wrap in foil and let it rest while temp reached 180.

If grilling, I recommend lightly coating in olive oil and shoving a spit through it, and spin that puppy until it's 175 on the inside. I use a drip pan, and then 2 rows of coals indirect. I also lower the chimney and add smoke in the beginning with the side smoker. I like to keep the box going for prolonged indirect heat, which helps keep temps up without charring the bacon.

Either way you cook it, it's sure to be a crowd pleaser! :cheers:

Blooming Glen Pork ( Blooming Glen,PA ) has the same type of pork at their store.

They slice ( make a pocket ) in the tenderloin and stuff it with their loose sausage ( no casing ). It is then wrapped with their delicious bacon and tied with butchers string about every inch. You can either purchase the entire tenderloin or just a few slices. We cook them for about 5-6 minutes on our George Foreman grill. They are moist and delicious :drool:

Bucwheat
07-27-2011, 2:36pm
Need to do one when it cools down outside a bit.