I'm on the phone now.....:D

No longer a maybe..

Munch
12-23-2009, 12:19pm
Must have more details.

WKMCD
12-23-2009, 12:42pm
Must have more details.

My engine was the first build in the country using the then new L92 heads. I wanted to see what could be done with the GM casting. Everyone poo poo'd the idea then but gradually came around. I've had 3 cams, stock and WCCH CNC'd heads of various compression ratios and other iterations. Everything that was done was done the make good power and keep the car very mild. The car currently makes 521/480 and drives very close to stock with massive tip in. 380RWT at 2200 RPM is nuts.

Here's the build thread from LS1tech:

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan "B" - LS1TECH (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/662314-l92-dynojet-numbers-plus-plan-b.html)

The dyno mule is getting a little tired so it's time to freshen it up. I thought about selling it and getting a C6 GS vert but I just can't justify the cost for a toy I drive 4-5k and year.

In talking with Shawn and Ed at Virginia Speed we decided that for the sot difference it made sense - if any can be made of any of this - to resleeve the LS2 block using Darton sleeves and increase the bore to 4.125. The only cost difference between staying a 403 and moving to a 427 is the cost of the sleeving which Shawn does in-house at VA Speed. I'll run the same crank, rods, cam, Melling oil pump, etc and top end. The extra bore will really make the L92 heads shine by unshrouding the valves.

It gets expensive when I get bored. :crazy:

edcmat-l1
12-23-2009, 1:21pm
:above::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Cobra4B
12-23-2009, 1:41pm
Honestly... I'd go and get a GS vert... I mean after labor is included in this engine re-build I'm sure you're spending a nice chunk of change.

That said very cool to know Va Speed does the sleeving etc. in house. They're literally 5 minutes from my place. Call me whenever you're in the area :beer:

Peter Pan
12-23-2009, 1:55pm
Kevin, You already have a great setup that is soon to be sick and looking foward to hearing a vid of you new monster:hurray:

WKMCD
12-23-2009, 2:11pm
Honestly... I'd go and get a GS vert:beer:

I don't want to tie up that much cash now that the market is making me a little money again and I don't want a car payment for a toy I drive 4-5k a year. I'd throw 10k into the GS anyways.

Lowcash
12-23-2009, 2:36pm
Whaaa?!

Have Shawn and Ed do the engine work at their shop then bring the engine up to your garage so we can have a mod party. :yesnod: I haven't been under you car in months and I'm starting to get concerned. :rofl:

or ...

are you just waiting for the weather to get really cold before having a mod party? :D

Cobra4B
12-23-2009, 3:13pm
I don't want to tie up that much cash now that the market is making me a little money again and I don't want a car payment for a toy I drive 4-5k a year. I'd throw 10k into the GS anyways.
Gotcha... if you're going to mod a GS like that then yeah keep on modding your current car.

WKMCD
12-23-2009, 3:31pm
Whaaa?!

Have Shawn and Ed do the engine work at their shop then bring the engine up to your garage so we can have a mod party. :yesnod: I haven't been under you car in months and I'm starting to get concerned. :rofl:

or ...

are you just waiting for the weather to get really cold before having a mod party? :D

I'll have to think of something... :rofl:

Sneaks
12-24-2009, 7:30am
So.......when we tearing out the engine? :toetap:
:D

WKMCD
12-24-2009, 8:06am
So.......when we tearing out the engine? :toetap:
:D

Shawn said he'll come up and pick it up. I will need a ride down to pick it up though. :D

Maybe we can get the posse together for a cruise in January.

Sneaks
12-25-2009, 12:42pm
Shawn said he'll come up and pick it up. I will need a ride down to pick it up though. :D

Maybe we can get the posse together for a cruise in January.

Consider it done! :thumbs:
Merry Christmas my friend. :cheers:

Keith J
12-31-2009, 7:55am
Can't wait to see how it goes..

I know where you could get a set of ls7 heads relatively cheap.....:dance:

WKMCD
12-31-2009, 8:53am
Can't wait to see how it goes..

I know where you could get a set of ls7 heads relatively cheap.....:dance:

Maybe next year I'll change heads. Still want to see what can be done with the L92's.

Y2Kvert4me
12-31-2009, 9:33am
Maybe next year I'll change heads. Still want to see what can be done with the L92's.Sticking with the L76 intake, or will you be trying the LSXR?

WKMCD
12-31-2009, 9:47am
Sticking with the L76 intake, or will you be trying the LSXR?

The FAST 102 for the L92/LS3 heads is a HUGE dud. A lot of vendors - LG included - won't even sell them. Even Jason at TSP has said he wouldn't by one. The only reason that more vendors themselves haven't come out publicly stating their dissapointing results is because they have stock to get rid of. It may net you 2-5RWHP but it's definitely not worth it for the price.