PDA

View Full Version : Good to have a Vette again

Jeffyvette
12-14-2009, 5:38am
I got my C6 Vette back last Sun after being up for repairs in Boise,ID. After being Vette-less for over 2 months it is fun to be tearing it up again. You would think with 3 Vettes I should not ever be without, but race cars are not the most dependable. The local Vette group attended a GTG at one of the local tuners for food-bank and toy collections. 4 of us after the event spent about 10 miles playing tag on the freeway. God it was fun to get to play again. I was Vetteless because the Blue race has a blowen motor that needs a rebuild, the Red TT is having the #7 cylinder honed due to a bad head gasket. Then the C6 we had done heads,cam, intake, headers, custom exhaust over the summer. But it went back to the mechanic's for 2 months while he was sorting out the tune. This was tricky due to the monster cam he put in. We had a cough/pop on moderate accelleration from a stop. He worked with our regular tuner without help 3 times. Finally my mechanic got together with another mechanic that has a dyno in his garage and Shaun from LG Motorsports on the phone and worked through the problem. Anyway I am back on the road and loving it. Now i have to get going on the turbo car for the 1 mile shoot out in SoCal in March. it just never ends.

MYSCZ06
12-14-2009, 6:45am
good to hear! been Vette-less for oh about 11 months now...lol try that on for size!!

Peter Pan
12-14-2009, 11:52am
Glad you are back in one of your Vetteshttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/thumbs_up-1.gif

Icedancer
12-14-2009, 5:57pm
Grats on being back in the C6 saddle again!

:dance: