PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else eat originally heated food as cold leftovers the next day?

Louie Detroit
08-23-2023, 11:51am
I just wolfed down a cold Del Taco taco out of the fridge because I don’t like how reheating them makes the lettuce all slimy and mushy.

Leftover meatloaf is excellent of course, and chicken, pizza, Arby’s sammies and spaghetti are all edible cold the next day, especially if you’re quite hungry.

Do you have any cold favorites?

Onebadcad
08-23-2023, 11:58am
Chili is the best
Pot Roast and Beef Brisket are a close second
Lasagna is good for about three days

Assuming you allow for optional heat foods

Rodnok1
08-23-2023, 11:58am
I usually just knock the cold off leftovers usually as to not cook them further or dry them out.

snide
08-23-2023, 12:00pm
Pizza.

Torqaholic
08-23-2023, 12:29pm
I don't usually have much food left over to refridgerate. Only pizza and tacos come to mind. Everything else is usually reheated though I've ate many foods cold. For instance chicken is pretty good cold the next day, but it's an easy reheat so I don't usually eat it cold.

Tikiman
08-23-2023, 12:36pm
Turkey the day after Thanksgiving. Cold meatloaf sandwiches with lots of ketchup. Cold fried chicken is delicious. Chicken scaloppini makes for an excellent grab and go snack right out of the fridge.

slewfoot
08-23-2023, 5:39pm
I do this with chicken. Sometimes I will reheat but usually just eat it cold

Vandelay Industries
08-23-2023, 6:03pm
Bacon.

Just kidding, there's no such thing as leftover bacon.

CurtP
08-23-2023, 6:50pm
No.

Yadkin
08-23-2023, 7:15pm
Turkey the day after Thanksgiving. Cold meatloaf sandwiches with lots of ketchup. Cold fried chicken is delicious. Chicken scaloppini makes for an excellent grab and go snack right out of the fridge.

I have to say, none of that can be beat. :seasix:

TheRealBadger
08-23-2023, 7:18pm
I just wolfed down a cold Del Taco taco out of the fridge because I don’t like how reheating them makes the lettuce all slimy and mushy.

Leftover meatloaf is excellent of course, and chicken, pizza, Arby’s sammies and spaghetti are all edible cold the next day, especially if you’re quite hungry.

Do you have any cold favorites?

Arby’s is for fatties.

Mike Mercury
08-23-2023, 7:49pm
eat originally heated food as cold leftovers the next day?

Never; being immuno-suppressed for 43 years... I never take chances on that type of stuff. Always re-heat -enough- to where anything "growing" would be killed.

If it can't be reheated, in the trash it goes.

LATB
08-23-2023, 9:32pm
Turkey the day after Thanksgiving.
On white bread with mayo. It’s a tradition. Yum.

Cold meatloaf sandwiches with lots of ketchup.
Indeed. Again on white bread. Although I prefer mustard.

Cold fried chicken is delicious.
A summertime staple when we were kids.
Especially when we went to the shore. :cert:

Tikiman
08-24-2023, 7:35am
On white bread with mayo. It’s a tradition. Yum.

Miracle Whip for the win.
It's the only time of the year I eat white bread. I buy it to make my own stuffing from scratch. Although I don't put it in the bird. Thinking about all that bread soaking up raw turkey juices makes me gag. I do it in a separate casserole dish next to the bird.

Indeed. Again on white bread. Although I prefer mustard.

:puke:

Here's my Thanksgiving dressing. I like to leave the onion and celery pieces a little bigger than most so they retain their character.

Frankie the Fink
08-24-2023, 7:48am
Wife is in Europe for 3 weeks and I'm consuming things in the frig of unknown composition and quality daily in week 2. I found a carton of milk with a picture of the Lindbergh baby on it.

LATB
08-24-2023, 8:06am
Miracle Whip for the win.
It's the only time of the year I eat white bread. I buy it to make my own stuffing from scratch. Although I don't put it in the bird. Thinking about all that bread soaking up raw turkey juices makes me gag. I do it in a separate casserole dish next to the bird.

:puke:

Here's my Thanksgiving dressing. I like to leave the onion and celery pieces a little bigger than most so they retain their character.

Miracle Whip is good :seasix:
The turkey juices absorbed into the stuffing keep the turkey meat moist and makes the dressing taste great.
Sometimes I'll use mustard & ketchup. :cert:

LisaJohn
08-24-2023, 8:56am
Only Bama mayo here.:seasix:

I make cornbread dressing, with some white bread, separate from the turkey.

Vandelay Industries
08-24-2023, 9:04am
Miracle Whip?? :barf:

Louie Detroit
08-24-2023, 9:43am
Miracle Whip has its uses, it’s great on turkey, hard salami and olive loaf sammies, better than mayo IMO.

Tikiman
08-24-2023, 9:45am
Miracle Whip has its uses, it’s great on turkey, hard salami and olive loaf sammies, better than mayo IMO.

:iagree:

Anyone with an actual palate knows this.

Louie Detroit
08-24-2023, 9:48am
:iagree:

Anyone with an actual palate knows this.

I’ve had the imitation brands of “salad dressing” and they were a little off though.

Vandelay Industries
08-24-2023, 10:00am
Real mayo or nothing else. :yesnod:

Louie Detroit
08-24-2023, 10:08am
Real mayo or nothing else. :yesnod:

Real mayo tastes great mixed with sliced green olives on a nice fat burger complemented with mustard, a leaf of crisp lettuce and several pieces of bacon. It would probably be good even cold.

Rodnok1
08-24-2023, 10:20am
Mom loved Miracle Whip but she didn't eat many sammiches either. Real mayo was also always around. Ive ate so much of both probably don't care which is on a sammich however some foods have to have miracle whip period.

Yesfam
08-25-2023, 2:35pm
I'll eat any leftovers cold. My wife finds this barbaric.