PDA

View Full Version : The Nanny State Rideth Again

Loco Vette
05-26-2022, 2:33pm
Speed limiting software mandatory for all new cars in UK beginning in July (https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/speed-limiters-will-become-mandatory-cars-july-bikes-next?fbclid=IwAR1ZgEGTOrowkg7aVtRcjsvlVbd45Qw1K1ypOy7daGQKmhtcdG31B2E0Xcg)

Aw HELL no!

Steve_R
05-26-2022, 2:43pm
The software, called Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA), is already implemented by some car manufacturers, such as Ford, Mercedes, and Renault, according to the BMF, but will become mandatory for all new cars from July 2022. ISA limits the speed of the car to the prevailing limit on the road the car is currently on; so, if you’re driving in a 30mph zone, it will limit to 30mph. The software can be overridden by the driver, though, the BMF notes.

What does it accomplish if the driver can override it? :shrug:

dvarapala
05-26-2022, 2:53pm

It gets the proberbial foot into the proverbial door. :yesnod:

Once the sheeple accept this change, look for a new mandate in the near future taking the override ability away.

Aerovette
05-26-2022, 3:24pm

It removes any and all excuses in court regarding speeding if an intentional action must take place before you can speed. No more "Oh I was just keeping with the flow", or "I wasn't watching my speedometer", etc.

Guaranteed revenue generator for municipalities.

Jeff '79
05-26-2022, 4:09pm
Geez, and I thought this thread was about the puzzy cops in Uvald Texas that waited over 45 minutes to breach the school.
I thought the men in Texas were balls on shootists.
Did they just not care or were they scared ?
Probably both.

Aerovette
05-26-2022, 4:27pm
Did someone fart?

m and t's77
05-26-2022, 4:33pm
Did someone fart?

I do spot a lot of verbal diarrhea,

ZipZap
05-26-2022, 6:23pm
Riddle me this, Batman. Why would any company build a vehicle that had the capability to exceed the speed limit just to have it governed down? We'll all be looking like China on electric mopeds before this is over...

Jeff '79
05-26-2022, 6:26pm
Riddle me this, Batman. Why would any company build a vehicle that had the capability to exceed the speed limit just to have it governed down? We'll all be looking like China on electric mopeds before this is over...

And there are speed limits why ?
Riddle me that Aquaman
Any computer can be "adjusted".:D

Hardluck
05-26-2022, 6:48pm
I do spot a lot of verbal diarrhea,

Yeah, it's an epidemic with that one guy!:yesnod:

Loco Vette
05-26-2022, 6:54pm
Geez, and I thought this thread was about the puzzy cops in Uvald Texas that waited over 45 minutes to breach the school.
Probably both.

Leftist posts flock to nanny statehood like moths to a flame. Especially since they feel no urge to stay on topic.

Louie Detroit
05-26-2022, 6:57pm
Probably both.

Derp derp Gunz Drumph pant pant slobber drool pant... Muh do ****all about the gunz problem demonrat party. But Beta showed them... derp derp orgasmic grunt.

Jeff '79
05-26-2022, 6:57pm
Leftist posts flock to nanny statehood like moths to a flame. Especially since they feel no urge to stay on topic.

Reality is obviously tough for some to handle. :sadangel:

Anjdog2003
05-26-2022, 7:04pm
I enjoy being a :troll: Most people don't take me seriously and just let me ramble on. Plus it gives me the attention that i crave. :yesnod:

super

Loco Vette
05-26-2022, 7:17pm

Good example!

Steve_R
05-26-2022, 7:53pm
Who left the bathroom door open? Something crawled out of the toilet.

JRD77VET
05-26-2022, 8:02pm

Louie Detroit
05-26-2022, 8:16pm
super

I assume all liberals are queer, and I work from there.

Louie Detroit
05-26-2022, 8:50pm
My anus is wide and gaping, I think I'm on the fast track for an appointment to Bidens cabinet. I just need to be verified by Petey Buttplug. .

Bill
05-26-2022, 8:52pm
Rush - Red Barchetta (Visualizer) - YouTube

BRUIZER
05-26-2022, 11:17pm

Ohhh the f'ing irony. :Jeff '79:

Iron Chef
05-27-2022, 7:52am
Probably both.

Really, Jeff? Is that what you thought? I don’t think so. Actually, you really didn’t think that at all. You knew exactly what you were doing and just used this post as an attempt to bait people into yet another one of your insipid online pissing matches by taking cheap shots at law enforcement. That’s really easy to do when you're 1500 miles away, sipping on a cold beer from the comfort of your Barcalounger, especially when you’re relying on the accounts of the mostly left-leaning media for your facts. I’m not saying mistakes weren’t made, but I wasn't an eyewitness and there's a lot of misinformation right now. Law enforcement does a job that most people…including you…haven’t got the balls to do. They account for far more good in this world than bad and we'd be seriously ****ed without them. So to sit there and call Texas (or any) LEO’s pussies and imply that they don’t care makes you look like a card-carrying idiot.

Just one time, try not to make a bad situation worse by carrying on.

Oh, and in what is probably a useless attempt to keep you from sounding foolish again; I can’t speak for local police, but the DPS and Texas Rangers are people you really, REALLY don’t want to mess with.

Giraffe (He/Him)
05-27-2022, 8:08am
Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) on motorcycles is kind unnecessary. Excessive speed is a self-correcting problem. Most that ride at those speeds on the street end up a grease stain anyway.