PDA

View Full Version : Techron FYI

Sneaks
04-12-2011, 8:55pm
Advanced Auto has Techron on sale, buy one get one free. Stock up your Barn stalls now.
:thumbs:

RetiredSFC 97
04-13-2011, 9:01am
I don't think I have an advanced auto here. I'll check though! Thanks

Tulsa Vette Guy
04-13-2011, 11:43am
Thanks ,, I will stock up now.:hi:

Bucwheat
04-13-2011, 12:42pm
They also have Seafoam on sale.

Munch
04-13-2011, 5:31pm
They also have Seafoam on sale.

Seafoam FTW!

Garb55
04-13-2011, 6:25pm
Seafoam FTW!

YouTube - seafoam corvette LS1

Bucwheat
04-14-2011, 2:46pm
Seafoam FTW!

I have used it for years in all my cars and it works where Techron did nothing.

Munch
04-14-2011, 4:24pm
I never tried the seafoam in the vacuum line trick nor do I subscribe to the belief that it would do any good but I have put a couple cans in the tank of the Vette since I've owned it just because of the gas gauge scare. Does it do anything, beats me.:bilmem:

wwomanC6
04-14-2011, 4:39pm
To go to Advance Auto here in the DFW area we'd have to travel to west Abilene, south towards Waco or north West to Wichita Falls. :(

:squirrelrun:

Bucwheat
04-15-2011, 9:53am
I never tried the seafoam in the vacuum line trick nor do I subscribe to the belief that it would do any good but I have put a couple cans in the tank of the Vette since I've owned it just because of the gas gauge scare. Does it do anything, beats me.:bilmem:

I had the dreaded gas gauge problem with the vette a couple of years ago and tried Techron twice and it did nothing,I went with Seafoam a couple of months later and worked like a charm,about a year later one of the two tanks on my F-350 Diesel did the same thing and I knew Seafoam would fix it and it did.I keep two bottles in the cabinet in the garage.Good stuff

2ez 2spd
04-15-2011, 2:08pm
I had the dreaded gas gauge problem with the vette a couple of years ago and tried Techron twice and it did nothing,I went with Seafoam a couple of months later and worked like a charm,about a year later one of the two tanks on my F-350 Diesel did the same thing and I knew Seafoam would fix it and it did.I keep two bottles in the cabinet in the garage.Good stuff

I have the gas gauge problem and the techron has not worked yet so I ques I'm going to get some Seafoam today. After reading this I guess there is more than one way to use it? which way worked for you? anything I should know about it before I do this?

Munch
04-15-2011, 4:23pm
I have the gas gauge problem and the techron has not worked yet so I ques I'm going to get some Seafoam today. After reading this I guess there is more than one way to use it? which way worked for you? anything I should know about it before I do this?

Just run the tank to almost empty, go to the gas station, add a can of seafoam (not the giant can) and top the tank off with gas. Hope it helps your issue. :cheers:

Bucwheat
04-25-2011, 9:44am
Sorry,I was on vacation,Ithink on the Vette it took one 16oz can to fix the problem but on my Diesel it took two in to seperate tanks.

MattW
04-25-2011, 11:43pm
I've done the seafoam vacuum line trick on my '98, and it did nothing. No smog, soot, or anything, just a little white exhaust.

I put a bottle in the tank every couple of months, just because.