PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed

Munch
04-03-2011, 9:07am
I was driving GBs Vette the other day and he has a bunch of Alcantara in his interior including his center console cover, well that thing is super nice and comfy. I was thinking of ordering some material and having my cover done but I'm concerned it will look stupid without any other Alcantara in the car.

Any opinion on this?

2ez 2spd
04-03-2011, 9:55am
I bought one out of a magazine and it looks out of place, I did leave on but now it is showing ware so I'm going to take it off and leave the stock one alone. My 2 son's even told me it didn't look right when I put it on.

It sound you thinking about a making custom cover it should match better than mine. I know this probably does not help just my experience.

Munch
04-03-2011, 10:48am
That does help cuz in my mind I think it would look out of place being kinda suede looking while everything else is smooth shinyish leather. Maybe the factory cover is so poor that some nice supple leather with a little poadding will make a world of difference.

Lowcash
04-03-2011, 4:47pm
I was thinking the same thing yesterday evening! Year before last I micro-sueded the knee bolster, glove box, elbow cushions and lower doors and was thinking I should also do the center console.

I have a Redline Goods black/tan console cover now.