PDA

View Full Version : UFO's...

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 10:07am
For a long time I've been highly convinced that the UFO phenomenon was real. My father's brother was very very very high up in the aerospace industry back in the 60's through the 80's. At one time he was considered the leading expert in the world in radar and integrated flight controls. He was the program manager of General Dynamics F-16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon) for a number of years, and was involved in helping Taiwan and Israel build their modern air forces. He also invented fly-by-wire control systems for aircraft and held who knows how many patents.

He told me before he died in the early 90's (very sudden onset incurable brain cancer) that he'd "seen stuff". Stuff that he would love to talk about some day. He was exactly the sort of person the government would bring in to look at alien spacecraft, if we had any. His security clearance was off the charts. My dad had a very high clearance and was often at Sandia's nuclear facilities for instance but he says that his brother's made his clearance look like kindergarten time. He never divulged details to me of course but left it pretty clear that stuff was out there that is so far advanced that it may as well be magic compared to what humans had.

One thing he did tell me, in 1989, was that in 30 years time it would come out. He was very adamant on that number. I just thought it was strange. It wasn't like he said "In about 30 years..." He said 30 years. If you knew the guy you'd know this was not an accident.

So now we have all these reports of multiple cylindrical "rocks" being sighted, not just the one that came tumbling through our solar system, but others that are seen in the direction of the Orion nebula that seem to be under proper control.

They Found ANOTHER One! What Is Going On? - YouTube

Then there is the Pentagon's UFO unit, which supposedly got shut down (it's not, trust me) and the ex-head of it saying this stuff:

Ex-UFO program chief: We may not be alone - YouTube

Pentagon confirms existence of $22m UFO program, releases incident videos - YouTube

Folks, it's happening. Expect quite a bit more to come out.

Milton Fox
12-20-2017, 10:32am
https://i.imgflip.com/bj1wa.jpg

....they are out there....

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 10:38am
:rofl::rofl:
There are a lot of UFO's, just not from other parts of the universe.
All earthling, man made, just like Kool-Aid :seasix:

Mike Mercury
12-20-2017, 10:41am
UFO - Let It Roll - YouTube

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 10:43am
:rofl::rofl:
There are a lot of UFO's, just not from other parts of the universe.
All earthling, man made, just like Kool-Aid :seasix:

Sorry dude, but we don't have the technology to do the things these "aircraft" can do. Going from essentially zero to mach 11 in less than a second? Dropping from 80,000 feet to the surface of the ocean so fast radar can't track? Able to go from the lower atmosphere to space in a few seconds?

Now it could be that some of these are indeed human-made reverse-engineered craft based on alien technology. That's at least plausible. My dad's brother all but confirmed that as a possibility.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 10:46am
Sorry dude, but we don't have the technology to do the things these "aircraft" can do. Going from essentially zero to mach 11 in less than a second? Dropping from 80,000 feet to the surface of the ocean so fast radar can't track? Able to go from the lower atmosphere to space in a few seconds?

Now it could be that some of these are indeed human-made reverse-engineered craft based on alien technology. That's at least plausible. My dad's brother all but confirmed that as a possibility.

How do you know?
We may not, but the North Koreans do.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 10:49am
How do you know?
We may not, but the North Koreans do.

Sure, that makes total sense. :wtf:

No other country has more advanced aircraft than us. You can take that to the bank. Certainly not the norks.

I can tell you that if we do have such technology it's only because it was reverse engineered from alien craft because there's no breakthrough in physics that would point to having gravity-manipulation technology. There's no "chain of custody" to get you from way over here to way over there. This sort of technology doesn't spring up suddenly from a secret program. No, you get stuff like stealth aircraft, the SR-71, things like that. Major advances but the technology itself is understandably an outgrowth of established technology.

But whatever, a lot of people have formed their opinions on this and are entrenched. I do believe a lot of them are going to be proven quite wrong.

StaticCling
12-20-2017, 10:49am
I'm a skeptic, but at the same time the disclosure that is going on right now is very interesting. I have personally seen things in the sky that I cannot explain, and while I am certainly open minded about it, I don't discount the possibility that there is a rational explanation for what I have personally seen.

Perhaps the last 50 years of little green men stories and descriptions and images of space aliens are just a way to desensitize the population to their existence. I do not know, when you have F-18 pilots describing encounters with VIDEO, it doesn't get much more legit.

Something is going on, I definitely believe that.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 10:55am
Sure, that makes total sense. :wtf:

No other country has more advanced aircraft than us. You can take that to the bank. Certainly not the norks.

The N Korea thing was a sarcastic joke.
You really don't know, admit it.
You've read a bunch of stuff and believe it, but have never seen one, nor has anyone else.
The most recent USAF pilot's claim and video, prove nothing, and in reality, show nothing that he actually claimed.
You got proof? Show me.:ball:

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 10:57am
I'm a skeptic, but at the same time the disclosure that is going on right now is very interesting. I have personally seen things in the sky that I cannot explain, and while I am certainly open minded about it, I don't discount the possibility that there is a rational explanation for what I have personally seen.

Perhaps the last 50 years of little green men stories and descriptions and images of space aliens are just a way to desensitize the population to their existence. I do not know, when you have F-18 pilots describing encounters with VIDEO, it doesn't get much more legit.

Something is going on, I definitely believe that.

I have as well.
I have also been tricked by light while driving, where it actually looked like something flew by really fast, but it was just a trick of the light.

StaticCling
12-20-2017, 10:58am
You've read a bunch of stuff and believe it, but have never seen one, nor has anyone else.
The most recent USAF pilot's claim and video, prove nothing, and in reality, show nothing that he actually claimed.

If you haven't seen something in the sky you can't explain, you aren't paying attention.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 11:07am

They are releasing this stuff right now to prep the battle space (for a lack of better terminology) for a more complete disclosure. There are multiple reasons for this. One that my uncle hinted at was "30 years". The reason he was specific could be that was how long it was before some, er, new arrivals were expected. If it was "Hey, we are working on some really wild stuff, you should start seeing signs of it in about 30 years. Could be 20, who knows?" But that's not what he said.

I was quite skeptical about the alien origin of UFO's for quite awhile, but have got over it. The whole subject of UFO's with fantastic flight performance is so well documented that to discount the existence of these extraordinary craft doesn't make any rational sense anymore.

For instance, the complete declassified report of the 2004 San Diego encounter involves far more data than that brief video they released. You should look it up and read it sometime. It's like holy shit wow stuff.

78SA
12-20-2017, 11:22am

Click it to see what I saw.

Mike Mercury
12-20-2017, 11:27am
=I have personally seen things in the sky that I cannot explain, and while I am certainly open minded about it, I don't discount the possibility that there is a rational explanation for what I have personally seen.

We've all seen things that we couldn't explain; but why is there this tendency to immediately go towards the looney-bin for a hypothesis ?

https://i.imgur.com/yq21NBa.gif

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 11:48am
UFO's can be really mean too.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 12:06pm

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 12:46pm
We've all seen things that we couldn't explain; but why is there this tendency to immediately go towards the looney-bin for a hypothesis ?

So it's loony bin to consider that the most logical explanation for craft with performance characteristics many hundreds of years ahead of anything humans are capable of building might, just perhaps, be of extraterrestrial origin? Is it cray-cray to consider that we likely triggered some attention when we started blowing up nuclear weapons starting in the 40's? Was my uncle crazy? A guy who definitely saw some shit in his day. He literally told me that the things he saw, I would not believe could exist. But they do. Yes he was super cryptic. Mostly to protect me and my father who was also in on that particular conversation.

I also guessed that the government would never let him retire. He knew too much. The day he retired his brain tumor was found during a routine check-up due to him changing to GD's retirement insurance. He died three months later. Did the government cause his brain tumor? No, I'm not going there. But it was an extremely rare variety, like 1 in 100,000,000 people get it.

One story my grandfather told me after he returned from a trip to Israel to visit my uncle. Stayed at my uncle's house in the American compound in Tel Aviv in the early 80's IIRC. While staying there my uncle told my grandfather "Dad, don't go downstairs. That's the door to the basement. It's not safe down there, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." On his last full day there, grandpa's curiosity got the best of him when he saw someone come up from the basement and leave the house. He opened the basement door, went downstairs, and was quickly grabbed up by a nice Israeli military person who said "Mr. Smith, you need to go back upstairs." Gramps said that the entire room was filled with various video monitors and about a dozen military people. It was some sort of ops room, joint US/Israeli. Right out of a spy novel shit. My uncle had tried to dissuade my grandparents from staying with him, but they wouldn't hear of it. I asked him about that incident a few years later and he said "Oh, I got an earful over that. They had to move the entire thing after dad saw that. The person that didn't lock the door got in huge trouble too."

Another time, about 10 years ago, my wife and I were out having dinner sitting in the bar area. A guy sitting next to me mentioned he worked for General Dynamics, he was in town visiting a place my dad used to work at, a sub-contractor. I said "Oh, my uncle used to work there in Fort Worth. But he's been dead since the early 90's. You work there then?" He said he started working there around 1988 or so. "Oh, so did you know Bruce Smith, my uncle?" The dude just looks at me and says "The Bruce Smith? Really?" Yeah. "Son, he was a ****ing legend there. I never met him personally but they still tell stories about him. Some are so wild I find them hard to believe." I shared a few I knew of and he just shook his head. "No, the ones we tell behind closed doors there, those sorts of stories...we should change the subject..."

DAB
12-20-2017, 12:56pm
it would be way more believable if we had one of these craft captured somewhere and we showed it off.

video and stills? all easily faked.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 1:02pm
it would be way more believable if we had one of these craft captured somewhere and we showed it off.

video and stills? all easily faked.

Did you watch the guy on CNN? This isn't make-believe fake video shit we're talking about. The 2004 San Diego incident was witnessed by hundreds of military personnel and there's a lot of telemetry data, eyewitness accounts, and much much more in the declassified report that was released last month.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 1:11pm
Did you watch the guy on CNN? This isn't make-believe fake video shit we're talking about. The 2004 San Diego incident was witnessed by hundreds of military personnel and there's a lot of telemetry data, eyewitness accounts, and much much more in the declassified report that was released last month.

My uncle told me it was a top secret test aircraft. :seasix:
He wasn't very cryptic.

DAB
12-20-2017, 1:16pm

ok, just watched the CNN piece.

lots of maybe.

no clear pics of things, no objects captured.

do i know what they are tracking? nope. but the burden is on them to show what they see in a clear manner to me. it's not on me to make jumps and conclusions based on sketchy data. for all i know, there was a speck of dirt on the lens that finally blew off.

OddBall
12-20-2017, 1:25pm
Wouldn't be the first time CNN has been duped.

And from what the video shows, the whole thing could easily have been faked.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 1:36pm
ok, just watched the CNN piece.

lots of maybe.

no clear pics of things, no objects captured.

do i know what they are tracking? nope. but the burden is on them to show what they see in a clear manner to me. it's not on me to make jumps and conclusions based on sketchy data. for all i know, there was a speck of dirt on the lens that finally blew off.

This was just a small clip of the telemetry recorded that day.

Read the pilot's story. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/12/18/former-navy-pilot-describes-encounter-with-ufo-studied-by-secret-pentagon-program/)

The entire incident has been declassified, including the part about one of these crafts hovering just a few feet over the ocean about two miles from the Nimitz aircraft carrier and the water underneath boiling and seething for minutes. The reason the military didn't seem all that interested in it is because there have been so many of these incidents that they have grown complacent. They just put up with them apparently.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 1:42pm
My uncle told me it was a top secret test aircraft. :seasix:
He wasn't very cryptic.

That's nice. We don't have test aircraft that do these sorts of maneuvers going back to the first recorded incidents dating to the late 1940's.

But you have breached the first barrier, in that you are acknowledging these things actually exist. It's a start. It's also why they are running stories like this now in outlets like the NYT's, WaPo, and other MSM sites. To get the public ready for whatever revelation is to come. I've seen enough of this sort of thing to catch on to their ways.

DAB
12-20-2017, 1:49pm
sorry, still not convinced.

it's pretty easy to make up things and then lobby for more money, more authority, more power.

i think we have enough real enemies, we don't need to make up more enemies.

shoot one down, scoop it up, and display it for all to see (even invite a CNN crew).

just look at current movies and the special effects they put on screen to convince you of something they made up out of their imagination.

Bill
12-20-2017, 1:50pm
http://www.scifibloggers.com/wp-content/uploads/large_they_live_blu-ray_9.jpg

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 1:51pm
That's nice. We don't have test aircraft that do these sorts of maneuvers going back to the first recorded incidents dating to the late 1940's.

But you have breached the first barrier, in that you are acknowledging these things actually exist. It's a start. It's also why they are running stories like this now in outlets like the NYT's, WaPo, and other MSM sites. To get the public ready for whatever revelation is to come. I've seen enough of this sort of thing to catch on to their ways.

Yes. I have acknowledged that test aircraft exist. :yesnod:
How you can say that we have no test aircraft that can do those sort of maneuvers is quite amazing to me.
You, in reality, do not have a clue what test aircraft the US or any other country has, OR what capabilities that they might have.
Now do you?
Soooo, how can you make statements like "We don't have test aircraft that do these sorts of maneuvers going back to the first recorded incidents dating to the late 1940's."???
You're guessing.
Prove it...

Back in the '40's and '50's when LSD was being tested on military people, where exactly were they?

OddBall
12-20-2017, 1:52pm
This was just a small clip of the telemetry recorded that day.

Read the pilot's story. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/12/18/former-navy-pilot-describes-encounter-with-ufo-studied-by-secret-pentagon-program/)

The entire incident has been declassified, including the part about one of these crafts hovering just a few feet over the ocean about two miles from the Nimitz aircraft carrier and the water underneath boiling and seething for minutes. The reason the military didn't seem all that interested in it is because there have been so many of these incidents that they have grown complacent. They just put up with them apparently.

From the article

Fravor, who retired from the Navy in 2006, later shared the story with his wife and children, and some others who’d ask. But nothing really came of it until 2009 when a government official he declined to name contacted him while doing “an unofficial investigation.” Fravor declined to give more details about the official, but said he was later contacted by Luis Elizondo, an intelligence officer who ran the secretive program at the Department of Defense that was just disclosed.

Elizondo, who has since left the government to work for a private company that is hoping to promote UFO research for both scientific and entertainment purposes, is a large part of why the story about UFOs and the government’s program are in the news; he quietly arranged to secure the release of three videos of UFOs from the Pentagon, including the one shot the same day and place as Fravor’s.

Fravor, who has been talking about his experience to the To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences, the company where Elizondo is a consultant, said he knows that sharing his story has opened him up to ridicule — most but not all of it good-natured — but believes the incident should be more closely studied.

Fravor is not the first pilot to jump to extraterrestrial conclusions for something he couldn't explain. Just like with ghosts and bigfoot.

And I think it's obvious what Elizondo is doing.

DAB
12-20-2017, 1:59pm
From the article

Fravor is not the first pilot to jump to extraterrestrial conclusions for something he couldn't explain. Just like with ghosts and bigfoot.

And I think it's obvious what Elizondo is doing.

shaking the money tree.

Mike Mercury
12-20-2017, 3:16pm
So it's loony bin to consider that the most logical explanation for craft with performance characteristics many hundreds of years ahead of anything humans are capable of building might, just perhaps, be of extraterrestrial origin? Is it cray-cray to consider that we likely triggered some attention when we started blowing up nuclear weapons starting in the 40's?

did I quote you.. on anything???

http://athenaposters.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ER1400-Alien-TAKE-ME-TO-YOUR-DEALER.jpg

snide
12-20-2017, 3:18pm
UFO's can be really mean too.

Those bastards! They killed Kenny!

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 3:22pm
Yes. I have acknowledged that test aircraft exist. :yesnod:
How you can say that we have no test aircraft that can do those sort of maneuvers is quite amazing to me.
You, in reality, do not have a clue what test aircraft the US or any other country has, OR what capabilities that they might have.
Now do you?
Soooo, how can you make statements like "We don't have test aircraft that do these sorts of maneuvers going back to the first recorded incidents dating to the late 1940's."???
You're guessing.
Prove it...

Back in the '40's and '50's when LSD was being tested on military people, where exactly were they?

Oh brother. If we had "test aircraft" capable of instantaneous 0 to mach 11 maneuvers we'd just need to open a new branch of physics. We certainly wouldn't be discussing Mars missions that take nine months one-way. The only type of craft capable of such maneuvers would have some sort of gravity drive. If that was even a possibility there would be prototypes decades ago that show some very unmistakable evidence of it working. It's all currently theoretical, and even then it's quite nebulous.

I'm not "guessing", I'm simply pointing out the timing of these recent stories. There was an AMA on reddit last month, the astronomer who discovered the interstellar object coming out of the plane of the elliptic, who said "OK, um we are seriously debating that this object is not natural. There is a very real possibility that it is not." They have recently launched missions to study the emissions from this object, and then just weeks afterward more are found by other astronomers, including amateur astronomers. These objects are visible to anyone who wants to point a large enough telescope in that direction.

There will be more and more coming in the next weeks and months, watch.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 3:27pm
Oh brother. If we had "test aircraft" capable of instantaneous 0 to mach 11 maneuvers we'd just need to open a new branch of physics. We certainly wouldn't be discussing Mars missions that take nine months one-way. The only type of craft capable of such maneuvers would have some sort of gravity drive. If that was even a possibility there would be prototypes decades ago that show some very unmistakable evidence of it working. It's all currently theoretical, and even then it's quite nebulous.

I'm not "guessing", I'm simply pointing out the timing of these recent stories. There was an AMA on reddit last month, the astronomer who discovered the interstellar object coming out of the plane of the elliptic, who said "OK, um we are seriously debating that this object is not natural. There is a very real possibility that it is not." They have recently launched missions to study the emissions from this object, and then just weeks afterward more are found by other astronomers, including amateur astronomers. These objects are visible to anyone who wants to point a large enough telescope in that direction.

There will be more and more coming in the next weeks and months, watch.

I'm starting to think that you and Ken Kesey were buds during the LSD experiments back in the '60's.
Everything that you just said is fiction. It has not been proved, there is no metallurgical evidence, there is no definitive video of it....
You are being taken in by money grabbing schills. :sadangel:

DAB
12-20-2017, 3:31pm
in Latin: habeas corpus - produce the body.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 3:41pm
I'm starting to think that you and Ken Kesey were buds during the LSD experiments back in the '60's.
Everything that you just said is fiction. It has not been proved, there is no metallurgical evidence, there is no definitive video of it....
You are being taken in by money grabbing schills. :sadangel:

This reminds me of when I had a spidey sense that Trump was going to be the Republican nominee in June of 2015.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 3:45pm
This reminds me of when I had a spidey sense that Trump was going to be the Republican nominee in June of 2015.

Id've given you odds on that. That was a black & white possibility.
You have spidey sense now, hu?
Gimme the Powerball #'s for tonight Spider Man. :shots:

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 3:52pm
Id've given you odds on that. That was a black & white possibility.
You have spidey sense now, hu?
Gimme the Powerball #'s for tonight Spider Man. :shots:

You guys are brutal today.

Here is a more detailed article of the 2004 incident. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a14456936/that-time-the-us-navy-had-a-close-encounter-with-a-ufo/) Wave it all away at your leisure. There are many many others similar to this over the decades.

While the incident is mysterious, it is pretty plainly not a hoax. The Department of Defense has released video of the unidentified object. The USS Princeton observed the UFO on radar, and six Super Hornets—twelve pilots and weapons system operators—saw the objects. (According to FighterSweep.com, which published an account of the incident in 2015, a seventh aircraft, a Marine F/A-18 was also involved.) The New York Times interviewed Commander Fravnor, who confirmed the incident took place.

What was it? There are three obvious but uncanny possibilities.

The first possibility is that the Super Hornet pilots, the Super Hornet’s electro-optical sensors and radars, and the USS Princeton’s radars all misinterpreted natural phenomena or malfunctioned at the same time, all of which appeared related but were actually not. Perhaps the Super Hornet’s crew was actually observing a conventional aircraft or even the sun, and had lost situational awareness to the point where they described such everyday objects as “a wingless capsule.” Maybe the Princeton’s radars were malfunctioning and had picked up, for example, two separate flights of birds and interpreted them as an object capable of jaw-dropping speeds. Together, the two crews could have pieced together ordinary, unremarkable events as one single remarkable one.

This is a discomforting explanation, because it assumes that the pilots and the Princeton’s crew were incompetent and unable to discern ordinary objects from extraordinary ones. It also assumes the guided missile cruiser's radar malfunctioned. If this explanation is correct, none of these pilots should have been flying for the Navy, and the Princeton’s air defense radar has a previously undiagnosed flaw. Given the level of skill necessary to fly from a U.S. Navy carrier it seems extremely unlikely these pilots were prone to fantasy or misidentifying the sun as a white, tic-tac-shaped UFO hovering close to the water.

The second possibility is that the objects are actually operated by an arm of the U.S. government. Rumors of the federal government studying crashed UFOs or experimenting with secret technology have been rampant for decades, though with scant proof. If these were indeed secret U.S. craft, it is clear why they’re being hidden. The Super Hornet was a top of the line aircraft in 2004 and yet the object easily out-maneuvered and out-accelerated it. If America’s enemies mastered such technology, most (but apparently not all) of our armed forces would be defenseless against them.

The third possibility is that the objects were alien craft, piloted by aliens or an artificial intelligence, using technology we can’t even imagine. The objects, their controllers, and their motivations could utterly alien and unknowable.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 4:11pm
Related and part of DAB's request for physical evidence: (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pentagon-ufo-alloys-program-recover-material-unidentified-flying-objects-not-recognise-us-government-a8117801.html)

This story reported yesterday. Excerpt.

The Pentagon has reportedly recovered metal alloys from unidentified flying objects that scientists "do not recognise”.

Materials, which are alleged to have “amazing properties”, are being stored in modified buildings in Las Vegas, the New York Times reports.

The US Department of Defence (DoD) has admitted to a secret $22m (£15m) programme, which ran between 2007 and 2012, that was tasked with investigating reports of UFOs.

“They have some material from these objects that is being studied, so that scientists can try to figure out what accounts for their amazing properties,” Ralf Blumenthal, one of the authors of the New York Times report, told MSNBC.

Mr Blumenthal said the DoD “do not know” what the materials are made of.

“It’s some sort of compound they do not recognise,” he added.

The Pentagon refused to comment when contacted by The Independent.

They are dripping this stuff out. Watch.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 4:19pm
Related and part of DAB's request for physical evidence: (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pentagon-ufo-alloys-program-recover-material-unidentified-flying-objects-not-recognise-us-government-a8117801.html)

This story reported yesterday. Excerpt.

And there is an actual space craft being stored at Roswell along with bodies of aliens. :lol:

If only someone could figure out how to sensationalize this and profit from it.
Hmmm, it started with The Twilight Zone, peaked with Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, then Independence Day, and now the hype machine is cranking up again for the next one.

DAB
12-20-2017, 4:22pm
frankly, the media isn't as trust worthy as they were long ago. and when the Pentagon declines to comment or show off their stuff, we are left with unnamed sources and an untrustworthy media trying to tell me something i cannot verify on my own.

size, shape, weight, who cannot recognize what the material is? lot of blanks in that story. kept in a warehouse in Vegas. that narrows it down. who has custody. where did it come from. who has seen it......

i can go dig in my yard, find a rock, and say i found something i cannot identify. duh.

surely they have put it under a mass spectrometer, that will at least give you a shopping list of elements present. pretty easy to do. is it radioactive? easy test too. luminous?

lot of nothing so far.

DAB
12-20-2017, 4:23pm
And there is an actual space craft being stored at Roswell along with bodies of aliens. :lol:

If only someone could figure out how to sensationalize this and profit from it.
Hmmm, it started with The Twilight Zone, peaked with Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, then Independence Day, and now the hype machine is cranking up again for the next one.

x-files?

Roswell, which is way south of me, does a booming tourist business to this day. pretty good selling something that you cannot see.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 4:27pm
x-files?

Roswell, which is way south of me, does a booming tourist business to this day. pretty good selling something that you cannot see.

They were testing highly classified aircraft there. One crashed and was first come upon by 2 civilians who had never seen anything like it before.
The Air Force needed a cover story for it, and voila !, it's a UFO.
The press took it and ran with it and ultimately reported nothing factual, as there was no pics or evidence.... Just hearsay.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 4:32pm
New York Times article:
(https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html)

Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

“We’re sort of in the position of what would happen if you gave Leonardo da Vinci a garage-door opener,” said Harold E. Puthoff, an engineer who has conducted research on extrasensory perception for the C.I.A. and later worked as a contractor for the program. “First of all, he’d try to figure out what is this plastic stuff. He wouldn’t know anything about the electromagnetic signals involved or its function.”

Mr Bigelow owns a company building inflatable habitats for the moon and potentially Mars missions.

DAB
12-20-2017, 4:36pm
Mr. Bigelow relies on gov't contracts.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 4:39pm
Mr. Bigelow relies on gov't contracts.

OK. Imagine my shock when someone who has government contracts has knowledge of stuff the government is just now deciding to let start to begin to leak out finally.

DAB
12-20-2017, 4:45pm
but no current gov't official will put his name to this. just guys who say they used to work for .gov.

how about some army or air force general come out and show off what they have?

i imagine Bigelow is upset that his little program is done, and now he has to find a replacement contract for something.

if i made 22M, and now i was making zero, i'd be bummed too. what better way than to make the case that this old program is worth doing more of. here's some "data", send me more money for more study.

follow the money.

syf350
12-20-2017, 4:48pm
about the only thing i cant wrap my head around is how much "stuff" is out there. I certainly dont believe that of all the shit out there, this little spec of a piece of dust of a rock is the only one out there with life.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 4:48pm
Possibly more leaking of pertinent materials info. (http://news.rice.edu/2017/12/18/rice-u-physicists-discover-new-type-of-quantum-material/) Just came out two days ago.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 4:49pm
about the only thing i cant wrap my head around is how much "stuff" is out there. I certainly dont believe that of all the shit out there, this little spec of a piece of dust of a rock is the only one out there with life.

Frankly I'd find it far more weird if there was nothing out there.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 4:51pm
Possibly more leaking of pertinent materials info. (http://news.rice.edu/2017/12/18/rice-u-physicists-discover-new-type-of-quantum-material/) Just came out two days ago.

Ya? So?
This has nothing to do with alien materials.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 5:00pm
This entire thread is amazing and offers far more detail than the various MSM articles. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Military/comments/7kcq4e/in_2004_the_uss_princeton_2_super_hornets/)

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 5:12pm
Astronaut Gordon Cooper describing his encounters with massively advanced technological aircraft in 1951.

An Astronaut's UFO Experience - Gordon Cooper - YouTube

BTW, my uncle was friends with Gordon.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 5:39pm
Bruce's first job as an electrical engineer with a master's degree and ex-Navy was to design the probe that went up the monkey's butt that we sent into space. He worked extensively with the Mercury astronauts during their training, and later Gemini astronauts until he got pulled onto radar development for Apollo and the nascent F-16 project. They'd bring him captured Soviet mobile radar stations from Vietnam to reverse engineer because it was too dangerous to turn them on. The Viet Cong operators had an average life span of around six weeks, the Soviet radars would cook them like a microwave oven.

BTW, Gordon Cooper wasn't the only astronaut who Bruce knew that saw...things he couldn't explain. Also radar operators would sometimes come to Bruce to figure out anomalies they were seeing. Often they weren't glitches in their equipment but real, albeit impossible indications.

MrPeabody
12-20-2017, 5:41pm
Bruce's first job as an electrical engineer with a master's degree and ex-Navy was to design the probe that went up the monkey's butt that we sent into space. He worked extensively with the Mercury astronauts during their training, and later Gemini astronauts until he got pulled onto radar development for Apollo and the nascent F-16 project. They'd bring him captured Soviet mobile radar stations from Vietnam to reverse engineer because it was too dangerous to turn them on. The Viet Cong operators had an average life span of around six weeks, the Soviet radars would cook them like a microwave oven.

BTW, Gordon Cooper wasn't the only astronaut who Bruce knew that saw...things he couldn't explain.

I see things I can't explain every time I go to Walmart.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 5:44pm
lPhKXpOnWJc

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 5:44pm
I see things I can't explain every time I go to Walmart.

OK. Watch the Cooper video at least.

OddBall
12-20-2017, 6:18pm
I uncovered another declassified video of the event.
A lot clearer too.

Star Trek - 20th Century Human Aboard the Enterprise - YouTube

:D

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 6:26pm
A lot clearer too.

Star Trek - 20th Century Human Aboard the Enterprise - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8O2Cfc2P4)

I remember seeing that episode when it aired for the first time. :lol:

StaticCling
12-20-2017, 6:28pm
A lot clearer too.

Star Trek - 20th Century Human Aboard the Enterprise - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8O2Cfc2P4)

FAKE NEWS. Why was he standing when the UFO beamed him aboard? Wouldn't he be SITTING?

That video is FAKE

MrPeabody
12-20-2017, 6:32pm
When you really think about it, the idea that UFOs are really time travelers from right here in the future is as plausible an argument as anything else.

My view is I believe in UFOs. Especially the part that the "U" stands for.:yesnod:

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 6:38pm
FAKE NEWS. Why was he standing when the UFO beamed him aboard? Wouldn't he be SITTING?

That video is FAKE

The first six times they tried they kept beaming him halfway into the floor or ceiling. Each time they had to slingshot next to the sun, go back in time, and try again. Finally Scotty had the idea to put in a simple straightening routine into the transporter's Heisenberg compensator buffers, and they finally got him beamed over OK. If you were a man of science you would already know this.

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 7:11pm
Ya? So?
This has nothing to do with alien materials.

You have to understand that the claims of a material that goes from having mass to not having mass is part of the claims of the exotic materials Bigelow says they have in their Las Vegas facility months ago, and then two days ago a scientific article essentially laying the groundwork for such a material. It might not be related, probably isn't, but this is all coming out just in the last few days. It's not accidental.

Jeff '79
12-20-2017, 7:14pm
You have to understand that the claims of a material that goes from having mass to not having mass is part of the claims of the exotic materials Bigelow says they have in their Las Vegas facility months ago, and then two days ago a scientific article essentially laying the groundwork for such a material. It might not be related, probably isn't, but this is all coming out just in the last few days. It's not accidental.

Oh, like a coordinated media hype blitz for the next movie coming out, or something like that?
What's the point?

Bill
12-20-2017, 7:42pm
Who's Behind the Door? by Zebra HD - YouTube

OddBall
12-20-2017, 9:03pm
You know who is having a major orgasm over all this right now?

Ol' Georgie Tsoukalos,

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/305303/giorgio-a-tsoukalos-hair.jpg

Cybercowboy
12-20-2017, 10:46pm
Oh, like a coordinated media hype blitz for the next movie coming out, or something like that?
What's the point?

Expect a big announcement in 2019 is what I am saying. My guess is that is when humanity becomes fully aware of other species of sentient beings. :island14:

DAB
12-20-2017, 10:59pm
:skep:

Why the wait?

Jeff '79
12-21-2017, 7:49am

Hoog
12-21-2017, 7:58am
My money says proof of alien life comes before the Obama/Hillary evidence that's been promised.

Milton Fox
12-21-2017, 8:23am
What if we are the aliens and the dinosuars were the Earthlings. :popcorns:

Broken Wind
12-21-2017, 10:16am
I’ve got your 6, Cyber. The crap you’re receiving here is surprising.

Jeff '79
12-21-2017, 10:18am

Mike Mercury
12-21-2017, 10:32am
Neil Armstrong's name spelled backwards is... Gnorts Mr Alien. So; there's that.

Jeff '79
12-21-2017, 10:44am
Neil Armstrong's name spelled backwards is... Gnorts Mr Alien. So; there's that.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cybercowboy
12-21-2017, 4:34pm
I’ve got your 6, Cyber. The crap you’re receiving here is surprising.

Honestly, f*ck 'em. Don't care. They can be as shitty as they want. I'm not backing down an inch.

Cybercowboy
12-21-2017, 4:36pm
My money says proof of alien life comes before the Obama/Hillary evidence that's been promised.

You mean Christopher Steele now saying (https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/20/christopher-steele-hedges-russia-dossier-claims-ag/) he no longer stands behind his crappy dossier? That's a start. Believe me, it's getting real in that realm.

Cybercowboy
12-21-2017, 4:46pm
https://i.redd.it/koemzbna9c501.jpg