PDA

View Full Version : Let's bash Canada...

lspencer534
12-18-2017, 10:49am
I'm the one who posted about Canadians singing the U.S. National Anthem when it was cut short due to technical problems. I really do like and respect Canada and Canadians. BUT...

This...this..."stuff" you call "Canadian Bacon" is just a lie. Folks, it's ham, not bacon! And what self-respecting person would try to pass off that paper-thin, tasteless, uncured ham as bacon???

Bacon...oh sweet bacon that comes from above,
You had me at hello--it was pure love.

I love to watch you sizzle and pop on that grill.

Your oozing fat is delicious, your texture is a thrill.

You get along with everyone but can stand on your own.

If taste were a kingdom, you’d have a porky throne.

I’ll love you till forever, I’ll never say goodbye

The day I’d stop loving is the day that piglets fly.

[Forgive me...something in my eye] Can you honestly say the same thing about Canadian "Bacon"??? If you can, then you are a tasteless, moronic slob....

When you eat a BLT sammich, you put...what...5 slices of bacon on it? And bacon on the side...and bacon for dessert...and a little more bacon as an apertif. You put Canadian Bacon on a sandwich and the recipient asks, "There was bacon on that sammich?". 'Cause it's that tasteless!

Canadian Bacon isn't bacon--it's ham, folks!!!

DAB
12-18-2017, 11:00am
it's like all of Canada: very polite. it doesn't snap and spatter all over the cook top. it's not noisy, or crunchy.

but it's very dependable, you always know what you are going to get (not so with bacon, too fat, too lean, too soft, too crisp...it's chancy).

yep, it's a perfect Canadian food item.

Mike Mercury
12-18-2017, 11:08am
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/51203921b98190ddca39ec3c72c58374f5a4e2ee28f4ceb3e54029398042c8a2.jpg

VatorMan
12-18-2017, 11:30am
I don't care what it's called. If I have the choice between Canadian Bacon or ham on my pizza, It's gonna be Canadian Bacon.

WalkerInTN
12-18-2017, 12:27pm
I like the "Hawaiian" pizza, with Canadian bacon & pineapple. :leaving:

Of course I'm told by people I know that live in Hawaii that a real Hawaiian pizza has Spam on it. :ack:

OddBall
12-18-2017, 12:32pm
Does this mean Canadians have never had real bacon?

My God, those poor people!

04 commemorative
12-18-2017, 1:33pm
Rather have "Taylor Ham" anyday and yes I know it says "Taylor Pork Roll" but deal with it it's Taylor Ham :joebuck:

snide
12-18-2017, 1:51pm
Does this mean Canadians have never had real bacon?

My God, those poor people!

Yes, we do have regular bacon.

Mike Mercury
12-18-2017, 2:00pm
... real Hawaiian pizza has Spam on it. :ack:

https://img.memecdn.com/spam_o_1167301.jpg

Kerrmudgeon
12-18-2017, 4:40pm
Proper bacon is brine cured pork loin rolled in cornmeal, while ham is usually the hind quarters or shoulder. what you guys call bacon is actually streaky bacon. That's what it's called in the UK. They use back bacon or peameal bacon in their dishes, never streaky bacon....which is considered low class poor peoples bacon.(pork belly)
However.....if you order bacon and eggs up here you'll get streaky bacon just like at home.:dixie:
But back bacon/peameal bacon is the best cut, especially for things like eggs benedict. :yum:

lspencer534
12-18-2017, 5:17pm
Proper bacon is brine cured pork loin rolled in cornmeal, while ham is usually the hind quarters or shoulder. what you guys call bacon is actually streaky bacon. That's what it's called in the UK. They use back bacon or peameal bacon in their dishes, never streaky bacon....which is considered low class poor peoples bacon.(pork belly)
However.....if you order bacon and eggs up here you'll get streaky bacon just like at home.:dixie:
But back bacon/peameal bacon is the best cut, especially for things like eggs benedict. :yum:

Hence the term, "Living high on the hog", or in your example, "Living low on the hog."