PDA

View Full Version : Climate change explained

69camfrk
12-17-2017, 8:19am
Too bad that the "climate change" f'rs are too dumb too dumb to read actual science. This has been known forever, but Al Gore can't make money off of this.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/15/the-sun-is-blank-nasa-data-shows-it-to-be-dimming/

04 commemorative
12-17-2017, 8:40am
:willy:

69camfrk
12-17-2017, 11:03am
Are you implying that reduced solar output is responsible for...the rise in temperatures?

Science isn't simple and easy to interpret by non-experts. So far, all evidence points to man-influenced global climate change.

You don't seriously think that do you?? There will be "climate change" on this planet when there is not a human left.

DAB
12-17-2017, 11:25am
Are you implying that reduced solar output is responsible for...the rise in temperatures?

Science isn't simple and easy to interpret by non-experts. So far, all evidence points to man-influenced global climate change.

"non-experts"

ah, so only the approved "experts" are allowed to weigh in with comments? everyone else is too dumb to know what they see with their own eyes?

got it.

69camfrk
12-17-2017, 11:50am
"non-experts"

ah, so only the approved "experts" are allowed to weigh in with comments? everyone else is too dumb to know what they see with their own eyes?

got it.

Funny thing is, the .gov and .govs of other countries have been manipulating the fool out of actual data for years. It has been an agenda to fleece the unsuspecting, and the suspecting. Good thing is, Trump has taken "climate change" off the list of threats to national security. Ye old "Cap and Trade" is another fleece project that came about under Obozo so we could prop up his third world country friends. Does any rational human being think that China or India give two shits about what they spew in the air? I'm not for a second saying that we shouldn't take care of our planet, we should, but let's not think for a minute that man is doing that much to affect the weather.

DAB
12-17-2017, 1:11pm
"probably correct"?

have you ever read "Chaos" by James Gleick? it's ok, he's a scientist and all.

book discusses computer modeling of weather and how the initial conditions you put into your simulation have a great effect on the results you get.

worth a read.

69camfrk
12-17-2017, 1:26pm
I don't think what? That the entire world's scientific community is probably correct?

Most of the world's scientific community (not the ones subscribing to an agenda) have said there has been little appreciable change since records have been kept. But yes, there is indeed plenty of misinformation out there. I'm just trying to pick out what I believe somewhere in the middle.

boracayjohnny
12-17-2017, 1:39pm
I don't think what? That the entire world's scientific community is probably correct?

Dave, have you ever traveled outside of the US? A drunken week in Mexico doesn't count.

boracayjohnny
12-17-2017, 3:05pm
Yes. Never been to Mexico though. I've met with climate researchers in London a few times.

It's kinda like a neighborhood. Imagine a few folks that actually care about their places. Then, there are the rest of the neighbors that shit in the street and throw garbage any and every where. No amount of confronting them with how taking care of things makes the 'hood better. They still smile and wave as you drive by while they take a dump right in the middle of the street.

That's kinda/sorta where the earth is now. A few folks care but the rest gave all their fukks last week. So, no matter what side of the debate you're own, you still have shit in the street.

JRD77VET
12-17-2017, 7:28pm
No, I said it's not easy to interpret. Random websites written by journalists aren't a great source for a summary of most topics, climate change included.

The govt wasn't exactly truthful in presenting "facts" or how they collected data.

They moved instruments closer to cities to gain a rise in temperature and were less than trustworthy in reporting.

That's why a lot of folks are skeptical of what we're told. The Earth has been around for millions of years and has gone thru quite a few ice ages. Plus the Sun has it's own cycles too.

Have humans contributed to climate change? Most likely they have. But then so have volcanos too.

I will agree that we should treat the earth well as it is our only home.

FasterTraffic
12-17-2017, 8:31pm
Ye old "Cap and Trade" is another fleece project ...

The fact that Jerry Brown is a major proponent should be a huge red flag.

boracayjohnny
12-17-2017, 9:37pm
The fact that Jerry Brown is a major proponent should be a huge red flag.

Yea, that helps me decide on things. Who's backing what. For example, our pal Al or ole Moonbeam Brown have no chance at convincing me on any subject. I wouldn't trust those fukks to take out my trash.

boracayjohnny
12-17-2017, 11:21pm
The amount of shit and how close we are to the tipping point of disaster makes it a bit different.

One shit in the street? Fine. Ten thousand? Probably not. :rofl:

Agreed. Now on to a real example; plastic. Take a guess how many Asian third world countries throw away plastic that ends up in the pacific ocean? How about enough to make a plastic floating 'burg the size of a nightmare.

Street shitters, they throw away plastic too. :D

Cybercowboy
12-17-2017, 11:30pm
Wow a global warming climate change human caused catastrophe thread for the billionth time. Eh, 100% probability of nothing much happening climate-wise in the next 50 years, which I will be lucky to see 40 of. However, Elon Musk. Elon Musk. Our savior.

Milton Fox
12-17-2017, 11:32pm
Follow the money.....

We should send some salvage ships out to the floating pile of plastic and recycle that into stuff to sell them. Where is that crabber guy when we need him. :island14:

boracayjohnny
12-17-2017, 11:37pm
I don't understand this. There's no reason to listen to idiots, but why discount whatever they are supporting just because they support it?

I mean, Hillary could back the removal of the ACA...does that automatically mean you should take the opposite stance? :confused5:

Now you're just making crazy talk. You know the Arkancide Queen would never go against a prime D vote buying scheme.

Further, our pal Al giving out 100 dollar bills would still make me check them for being a counterfeit. That's a dirty mofo, no two ways about it.

Finally, anything with those POS connected gets an automatic stink eye with starting at wrong and working backwards from that. If I even decided to check and not just rejected their dirty ass' on prinicple. :cert::D

FasterTraffic
12-18-2017, 12:21am
I don't understand this. There's no reason to listen to idiots, but why discount whatever they are supporting just because they support it?

I mean, Hillary could back the removal of the ACA...does that automatically mean you should take the opposite stance? :confused5:

Seems like you're reading words into my post that I didn't write. I said backing by Jerry Brown is "a huge red flag."

When I see a proposition or other initiative on a ballet or in local news, I first look at who is backing it. That provides context and then I know better how to read the language they use. So, if I see something is backed by Jerry Brown, Diane Feinstein, CTA, NEA, anything with "green" in the title, etc., my default position is it's bullshit and I'll read to see if it's really not.

I don't discount it without reading but I sure as heck read it more closely.

It's also worth noting that I've yet to come across an initiative backed by "red flag groups" where I've been completely wrong and they really do have my best interests in mind.

DAB
12-18-2017, 9:10am
Cyber isn’t alone in being predictable.

FasterTraffic
12-18-2017, 11:53am
...and my point is that throwing up any flags for anything due to what celebrity or politician supports them makes no sense since their opinion matters not. :cert:

I'm not sure where celebrities entered the discussion here. To my knowledge, California ballot measures don't list which celebrities support or oppose passage.

As for politicians, it absolutely matters which of them supports it. Take Jerry Brown's involvement in passing SB1, which raised the gas tax and vehicle registration fees...

"Most Republicans opposed the bill, saying that taxpayers are already paying plenty for road repairs, money is available from the general fund and Brown should scrap his multi-billion-dollar bullet train project to pay for road repairs. They also noted that the bill passed with no votes to spare after Brown and legislative leaders agreed to provide nearly $1 billion in side deals to the districts of legislators who were on the fence but agreed later to vote for the measure."

If Jerry Brown supports it, nine times out of ten it's something I don't. He's done a couple positive things related to pension reform but those instances are very few and far between.

tjfontaine
12-18-2017, 10:33pm
Watching from the sidelines - I'm thinking WACO is making the better arguments.

Jasper711
12-19-2017, 3:18pm

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1l4geSTP8

boracayjohnny
12-19-2017, 3:49pm

So, ummm, Mr Computer Geek, I didn't know you also had a PhD in one 'o dem hard sciences.

Fess up, what ya got.

69camfrk
12-19-2017, 4:25pm
Take this for what it's worth....

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22289-climate-alarmists-have-been-wrong-about-virtually-everything

OddBall
12-19-2017, 5:49pm
I'm from a generation that remembers when the Cuyahoga River caught on fire, and that whole nasty little mess with Love Canal.
Believe me, we know how bad it can get. And I don't think anyone is against good stewardship of the earth.

Without going into the "my facts vs your facts" argument, I'll explain what is wrong with the climate change theory. The problem and controversy lies with the quelling of scientific scrutiny and skepticism. Skepticism, one of the very cornerstones of science has literally been bullied out of the community. Labels such as "Deniers" are thrown at anyone who dares asks a question.

Let's take a look at Al Gore and an "Inconvenient Truth". Al Gore comes out of the gate with the absolute condescending attitude that if you don't believe him, then you are some kind of knuckle-dragging Neanderthal that cannot muster up the mental faculties needed to understand what dire peril the earth is in. He aims this at the young and naive who are always in need of a crusade. And a crusade he gives them. And since scrutiny should never get in the way of a crusade, he shuts down skepticism with time-honored bullying tactics, and replaces it with contempt and fear-mongering. Those of us with any age and wisdom on us, can see what is going on here. We've seen this game play out over the ages. You would have thought that when nothing he predicted happened, "climate warming" had to be changed to "climate change", and that the constant reports of data manipulation would have lead to an overhaul by the scientific community, but the politics were buried too deep, and the only thing that the scientific community policed at that point were any "wrong-thinking" members. Now you have nut-jobs like Bill Nye fanning the flames as hard as they can in a desperate attempt to claim relevancy. And then you have the Hollywood and liberal elite who also need someone to hate, and just love to sneer at the "Deniers".

Here's what has been lost in the debate;

Reason loses to passion. Trump pulled us out of a deal so idiotic, that it borders on the bizarre. And the left freaks out, and has a cry-fest.

The climate itself. The problem has to be defined before it can be corrected. And knee-jerk solutions are as worthless as knee-jerk hypothesis.

Scientific integrity. A dangerous precedent has been set that could spill over into other areas of science. "Shout down any honest debate" is becoming a standard.
Good scientists, that are good people, have taken the easy road out and they know it. Any of them that condemns a skeptic and labels them as a "denier" does not have the right to praise skepticism as a part of their scientific foundation. They have already willingly rejected it.

There is an old saying, "You get more bees with honey than with vinegar" The scientific community would be well advised to stop it's bullying, it's sneering condescending attitude, and it's self-righteous contempt of the masses.

DAB
12-19-2017, 7:32pm
Amen!

and they have been caught multiple times fiddling with their sacred evidence. adding and subtracting degrees of temperature, smoothing out bumps in the data, adding to the sea level (and not by peeing in it).

when i took experimental classes and gathered data to prove some idea, i never got data that was nice and smooth. it's the way it happens. you get bad input, noise, poor observations of the results. so when you see others "adjusting" the data, you know something is up.

they have been caught lying. they are liars. why should i trust them now? and they want me to believe some computer simulation of the weather, going forward 100s of years, but they won't share their source code, and they don't show that their model reflects reality (by starting their simulation in say 1900 and seeing if it matches history for the last 117 years.).

boracayjohnny
12-19-2017, 9:17pm
I don't profess to be an expert, but I do work with many who are (many of whom are top of their field). I only have 2.5 degrees - CompE BS, MS, and half of a PhD. :cert:

So, you are just like us. An asshole with an opinion.

Bill
12-20-2017, 7:50pm
Look, we're all gonna die because of the recent tax cut package, so why worry about it?

Le bon temps roule!

mrvette
12-20-2017, 8:10pm
I don't profess to be an expert, but I do work with many who are (many of whom are top of their field). I only have 2.5 degrees - CompE BS, MS, and half of a PhD. :cert:

A Wacko with a degree in Digititus......?:lol:

Seariously though, you talk on same plane as my Son's wife....she into all that advanced top level Dig it all manipulation also.....

Hoog
12-21-2017, 8:14am
:lol: My day job is massive scale storage research, development, and administration. It's a hobby and a job, which makes it not really a job. :D
Seems like a lot of overhead...what do these scales weigh? Climate scientists are required to ensure they're stored so they stay in calibration?

Sea Six
12-21-2017, 9:51am
Seems like a lot of overhead...what do these scales weigh? Climate scientists are required to ensure they're stored so they stay in calibration?

He's actually talking about storage of an entirely different type of scale.

It's the stuff that makes up the skin of large living creatures. They are stored away for "research" purposes, allegedly, although nobody ever comes around to use what they collect.

They then pretend to do climate change research in their off time, which is plentiful, in order to produce some pretense of work efforts so they can all keep their jobs.

It's pretty easy, really. They just look at data, recklessly chopping off any part that doesn't help their narrative, and reporting a very consistent stream of manufactured garbage. They also churn out page after page of code in the form of "climate change models" which contribute to their narrative in a remarkable manner.

You'd think they'd eventually get caught with their pants down editing data like that, saying things like "hide the decline" and such, but since the mainstream media is totally in the tank for the same narrative none of the voters really hear anything negative about the methods used in the research.

Some of those who should be smart enough to know better claim to be "in the know" about the "research" occasionally pop up to claim it's all legitimate, thus adding to the perceived accuracy of the crap that's being continually regurgitated so that a handful of "scientists" can keep their phoney-baloney jobs.

Hope this helps.

boracayjohnny
12-21-2017, 12:40pm
^^^^

Kinda like statistics, one can skew the data to get the desired results.

Mike Mercury
12-21-2017, 8:11pm
My day job is massive scale storage ...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9b/00/bc/9b00bc59e7b1b13f6d2e10b2f070f52c.jpg

:)

boracayjohnny
12-21-2017, 9:15pm
:rofl: While funny, totally nothing to do with anything in reality.

https://i.imgur.com/RkD9VGg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lsj76vW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MRUCQzQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZGdqiZq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NXYCbn4.jpg

OddBall
12-21-2017, 11:43pm
^^^^^
:funnier: :funnier: :funnier: